Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Pregnalone, good , bad,or ugly?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregnenolone

so if this is the pre-curser to hormones, would taking a Pregnenolone supplement /topical aid or hinder one's desire to achieve maximum breast growth? would using it in conjunction with hormone alternatives help achieve this goal?

perhaps this was covered elsewhere, buried deep, just thought I would get some feedback, before purchasing from Amazon.

(27-03-2016, 12:55 AM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregnenolone

so if this is the pre-curser to hormones, would taking a Pregnenolone supplement /topical aid or hinder one's desire to achieve maximum breast growth? would using it in conjunction with hormone alternatives help achieve this goal?

perhaps this was covered elsewhere, buried deep, just thought I would get some feedback, before purchasing from Amazon.

Squirrel, where u been girl????. Wink I've got a few things on pregnenolone, but if you do end up getting it, take it in the morning. I'd say it's an pro-adaptogen, or meaning to upregulate hormone synthesis. Have you ever heard of the back door pathway?. It's rather complicated (yet beautiful). RolleyesBig Grin

(26-05-2015, 06:28 AM)Lotus Wrote:  I've put together some research on the effects of PM, sorry, it's complicated.

As estradiol did, deoxymiroestrol induced expression of CYP2B9 mRNA whereas those of CYP1A2 were suppressed.

CY2B9 mRNA induced testosterone in women

CYP1A2 -aromatase (suppresses)

HSD-17B2 suppressed (E2 and T pathway)

17β-HSD1 suppressed (E2 pathway)

3β-HSD suppressed (which catalyzes all steroids)

CYP17 (Human 17,20-lyase) activity is stimulated 10-fold by CYPB5

CYP19 mRNA (aromatase) slightly decreased by deoxymiroestrol

Posted research:

The backdoor pathway proceeds from 17OH-Preg to 17OH-Prog, 17OH-DHP, 17OH-Allo, androsterone, androstanediol, and then to DHT, all in the testes.

Assessment of testicular enzymes involved in sex hormone synthesis pathway showed suppression of 3β-HSD, 17β-HSD1, and CYP17 expressions with those of CYP19 mRNA was slightly decreased by deoxymiroestrol.

The pathways of androgen biosynthesis. The classic pathway and the alternative “backdoor pathway” are shown. The classic pathway proceeds from 17OH-Preg to DHEA, to androstenedione or androstenediol to testosterone in the testis, and thence to DHT in genital skin. The backdoor pathway proceeds from 17OH-Preg to 17OH-Prog, 17OH-DHP, 17OH-Allo, androsterone, androstanediol, and thence to DHT, all in the testis. The enzymes and cofactors shown in the classic pathway are: P450scc (cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme), StAR (steroidogenic acute regulatory protein), P450c17 (17α-hydroxylase/17,20-lyase), 3β-HSD (3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, type 2), cytochrome b5, 17β-HSD3 (17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, type 3), and 5αR2 (5α-reductase, type 2). The alternative pathway is characterized by the presence of three additional enzymes: 5αR1 (5α-reductase, type 1), reductive 3α-HSD (AKR1C2/4), and oxidative 3α-HSD (17β-HSD6, also known as RoDH and/or AKR1C4). Steroid names include: 17OH-Preg, 17-hydroxypregnenolone; 17OH-Prog, 17-hydroxyprogesterone; 17OH-DHP, 17-hydroxydihydroprogesterone (5α-pregnan-17α-ol-3,20-dione); 17OH-Allo, 17-hydroxy-allopregnanolone (5α-pregnan-3α,17α-diol-20-one); androstenediol, androsta-5-ene-3β,17β-diol; and androstanediol, 5α-androstane-3α,17β-diol.

Cytochrome P450 17A1 (zona reticularis) of the adrenal cortex suppressed steroidogenic pathway that produces progestins, mineralocorticoids, glucocorticoids, androgens, and estrogens.

Cytochrome P450 17A1, or steroid 17-alpha-monooxygenase, or 17α-hydroxylase/17,20 lyase/17,20 desmolase is an enzyme that in humans is encoded by the CYP17A1 gene. It is found in the zona reticularis of the adrenal cortex. This gene encodes a member of the cytochrome P450superfamily of enzymes. The cytochrome P450 proteins are monooxygenases that catalyze many reactions involved in drug metabolism and synthesis of cholesterol, steroids, and other lipids. This protein localizes to the endoplasmic reticulum. It has both 17alpha-hydroxylase and 17,20-lyase activities, and is a key enzyme in the steroidogenic pathway that produces progestins, mineralocorticoids, glucocorticoids, androgens, and estrogens.

More specifically, CYP17A1 acts upon pregnenolone and progesterone to add a hydroxyl (-OH) group at carbon 17 of the steroid D ring (the hydroxylase activity), or acts upon 17-hydroxyprogesterone and 17-hydroxypregnenolone to split the side-chain off the steroid nucleus (the lyase activity).

hey u2. i happened across an interview with a doctor/researcher guy who's really enthusiastic about pregnenolone ..wrote a book about it ...believes it could be a really great therapeutic hormone ....doesn't get into the subject of boobs and bra calculators but he sounds pretty honest and somewhat humble about the lack of long-term studies and all the current unknowables. all of that notwithstanding, he's really psyched about it's possibilities for overall well-being.

the interview doesn't get into compounds and molecules but he did mention something i've always found interesting and that was the subject of synergy. i've always had a dangerous desire to experiment. it hasn't always worked out. one time i burned out my nasal passages doing some edgar cayce stuff with barberry bark. anyway, i've been wanting to use some pregnenolone in conjunction with a glandular ..or aminos ...or with maca or sheep placenta or dhea or my little cocktail of yeast powder, msm and about 25 other nutrients that i mix up in the morning ..or something ..not that i have any idea what i'd be doing ..i'm just intrigued, stupid, ridiculously experimental, interested in gaining breast size, willing to take stuff. just when i think my breasts are really growing ..like sincerely kosher, with profound authenticity, they shrink a full cup. massage has helped some, i've backed off on the breast pumps ..one, sometimes two 15 min sessions/day. i guess, if i was really smart, i'd be hacking my genes but since that's out of the question, i'm wondering if a bit of the right kind of synergy would suffice. i think, otherwise, i'm doing all the right things, diet ..protein, calories, exercise ..i don't think i've got any androgen issues or estrogenic/progesterone deficiencies ...and not trying to be funny, i just need to find the on/off switch.

That's not good to take.

I see pregnenolone splitting the activity of androgens (17,20-lyase), meaning downregation to less potent androgen metabolites. I would think a pro-aromatase would work in the conversions to estrogens in a NBE program. I am intrigued by the science though.

It has both 17alpha-hydroxylase and 17,20-lyase activities and is a key enzyme in the steroidogenic pathway that produces progestins, mineralocorticoids, glucocorticoids, androgens, and estrogens.

17α-hydroxylase converts pregnenolone and progesterone to their 17-hydroxy forms, and converts 17-hydroxypregnenolone and 17-hydroxyprogesterone to DHEA and androstenedione, respectively. It corresponds to the downward arrows in this reaction scheme.
http://www.humpath.com/spip.php?article15048

It's most likely synthetic or a supplement of human/animal hormone, which either isn't good. Also, too much of it, and not a balance of other progestogens is likely an imbalance associated with PMS symptoms.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon