Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Dairy (misc).

(13-02-2016, 10:09 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(13-02-2016, 09:15 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  This does my head in!
I'm late 30's.
We grew up with milk delivered fresh by the milkman, in glass bottles left on the roadside until we brought it in.
Homogenised or not? Who knows. Worried about spoilage - no.
My grandmother lived on cups of teas and full cream and cheese scones, lard for cooking the list goes on.
Her sisters, cousins, parents, anties all drunk milk , are/were they suffering from lactose intolerance and dying of cancers = nope!
So what the hell is it?
Processing of dairy these days, what the cattle are fed and subsequently transferred into our dairy products that all of a sudden half of us are lactose bloody intolerant or going to die of bloody BC cause we drink milk!

I'm not angry at any of you guys btw, I read you comments with great interest but it frustrates the HELL out of me, eat youghurt/don't eat yoghurt/ organic so safe/ no organics not safe!

All I fricken know is our ancestors were a HELL of a lot healthier than we are now. They ate dairy, drunk milk, ate full fat. FrustrTed. Sorry *goesofftohaveasulk*

A lot of today's problems are due to pollution to our water supplies, oceans, and land. Others are due to the way stuff is grown/raised in a factory way with tons of synthetic products pumped in. Still others are due to the leaching of nutrients from the soil and the over-abundance of them in lakes, rivers, and delta's which has been caused by a number of inputs including all the above plus climate change. Still more are due simply to the balance of foods we eat today compared to what our ancestors ate. Too many things have changed for us to really ever get back to when times were simpler. But there are steps we can take to help alleviate some of the problems for ourselves, and, doing so, also put our money into areas of the economy that would make it clear we do not condone the bullshit that's been being done to the global ecosystem. Our food choices alone probably won't send a strong enough message though, so such a lifestyle change has to be more all-encompassing than just what you eat if you really want things to start to change.

Pretty much, Abi.
And we've allowed the Elites to be more and more isolated from the problems.
Worse, the food supply and quality is being manipulated to make us weaker, dumber, and less fertile, and maybe die sooner.
And we're not getting off this rock until TPTB have us chipped like cattle, with our minds literally under control. (Prototypes are set up for trial runs, Bill Gates's foundation is doing remote-controlled BCP chips in India, and there's a pilot program for insulin for diabetics coming in the US.)
I keep wondering why no one will stand up and be counted...?
Seems we here have the biggest balls of all, and some of us are actively looking to remove them. ;-) (teasing, I hope that's obvious. You're just trading "up" to "chesticles." ;-) And I would too! )

-Dianna

It's shameful what they are doing over here and 1% of the population are fighting it. So FYI everything's getting regulated . Be lucky if we are allowed to grow our own effing vegetables the rate it's going.

The equations paper had both male and female subjects, but they didn't mention any significant differences. It appears to be a moot point since, to my chagrin, it turns out that there aren't actually any inexpensive algal DHA-only supplements. Ovega-3 EPA/DHA is a better deal than I thought.

You don't need Refsum to be affected by phytanic acid:

Phytanic acid and prostate cancer risk
Butter (richest source of phytanic acid) and esophageal cancer risk
Butter and oral and pharyngeal cancer
Butter and esophageal cancer

From ref1 in my previous post: "The higher risk of prostate cancer with linear increasing yoghurt consumption seems to be independent of Ca and may be related to some other component." Phytanic acid is fairly low in yogurt according to the prostate cancer reference in this post, so my theory is that it's the growth factors naturally present in milk.

(14-02-2016, 08:36 AM)Candace Wrote:  Ovega-3 EPA/DHA is a better deal than I thought.

Due to you incessantly claiming this is such a great deal I had to look again since I haven't actually checked prices recently, and, indeed, the price has gone done to something almost reasonable. Instead of 5 to 10 times more expensive than fish oil, it's only twice as expensive, or even equal to some of the pricier fish oil brands. Sadly, it IS so highly refined that they removed all the Vitamin A and D. Another sadness is that they only sell them in capsules. I prefer mass stored oil that I can pour to measure and put in other food, like salad dressings as an oil base, and yogurt as an emulsifier.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon