Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Ketogenic Diet? Can someone outlay the

Hi, Ella, Abi, anyone else reading... ;-)

So, I needed to lose weight, and I was following the Ketogenic diet. One week, mind, not much can happen in a week, but - A report on the DIET might be helpful, too.

Background:
I'm 240# and 34% Body Fat, resting heart rate is 90, and I'm a 40 year old IT guy (Genetically male, I think. Dad was irradiated, so who knows...? But I've got the parts... Tongue )

I spend my day sitting down. I try to hit the gym three days a week (old plan) or more (4 days/week @ gym, and some home workouts the rest).

Applied this ketogenic method to my eating:
http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2014/01...-Diet-Plan
Related for reference:
http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/page/KetoDiet-Buddy
http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2014/06...eight-Loss

I've lost about 5 pounds, give or take. I'm keeping up with water, so I'm guessing it's actually mostly fat lost. Drinking 1-2 gallons per day, plus teas and coffee.

The take-away from Week 1 is:
Eat too much, get fat.

Being sedentary is an issue (Resting heart rate WAY too high, should be 60 or less.)
But it's the EATING that's killing me. We would eat a quarter chicken for dinner, with a HUGE portion of greens (spinach) or maybe a baked potato.

The ketogenic diet I'm doing per the link has cut the calories from ???? (I'd wager about 2500-3000 or more; Starbucks Breakfast was up to 600 kcals, and 400+ was SUGARS...) down to 1,400 - WHICH IS PERFECT FOR A WOMAN OF MY BUILD! (Ignoring the genetics, mind, it's just an amazing fit.) It meets my caloric needs, which is AMAZING. And I'm mostly not hungry (until approaching meal time.)

No sugars, no alcohol, lot of good fats. Little hunger. Good nutrition. Supports the workouts, so far (I'm still working through week 1, with a "week 0" where I had to get used to doing it.)

What I MUST add in now is cardio, to burn the belly. I have a yoga DVD I really like, Elements Yoga For Weight Loss. Works pretty well. I lost 10 pounds the first week I did it, which was a religious early-morning (fasted cardio) 5-6 AM workout.
After that week, I dropped it, too tired... Figured I'd come back, did it once or twice, but then we moved, yada yada yada...
Anyway, it's good, and there's a set that includes it:
Element Yoga Weight Loss Complete

So, this part of the plan is set. And it won't do more damage to my body (which is now flexible like rock. Agile 8 warmup is fixing. Foam roller hurts. Sad )

So, Ella, it might work for you after all, though I'd start with calories and calculate out how to work the diet (any diet) from there. If you've already got portion sizes down, you're golden. Smile And I HATE you! Wink Tongue LOL

-Dianna

Quick follow-up, Ella.
Looks like my T levels are increasing. Not sure why. The exercise is undoubtedly part of it, but the diet is, I think, boosting the Testosterone levels. Since we have posts elsewhere linking T with weight loss (causes lipolysis, per Lotus' notes ;-) ) it's to be expected.
But it's sure not pleasant...

-Dianna.

(16-03-2016, 01:42 PM)Dianna1395 Wrote:  Quick follow-up, Ella.
Looks like my T levels are increasing. Not sure why. The exercise is undoubtedly part of it, but the diet is, I think, boosting the Testosterone levels. Since we have posts elsewhere linking T with weight loss (causes lipolysis, per Lotus' notes ;-) ) it's to be expected.
But it's sure not pleasant...

-Dianna.

Hmm increased testosterone isn't good.... Maybe that's why I was throwing things around the office in a mad rage yesterday and biting the bosses head off lol...

Can't say I'm strict ketogenic though as that would be a lie..

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon