Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

my shampoo...hidden dangers sodium laureth sulfate

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articl...lfate.aspx

So I was in the shower, shampooing my hair. I have about four or so different shampoos that I have tried or used. Being the inquisitive soul I am, as I was lathering up my body with soap, I was reading the ingredient list of one of the shampoos.
..glycerin...yadda yadda yadda...sodium laureth sulfate....sodium lauryl sulfate..
So I turned one of the other bottles around....same thing...what is this stuff? The third one said it didn't have those two things in it.

On a few of the sites I have been on point to both of those sulfates being suspicious as being possible carcinogens. Some of the studies are convoluted. But is something to be aware of.

And that was only two of about fifteen 'unknown' chemicals that were listed on the bottle.
I am sure if I spent a few hrs, I could map out every chemical in the first bottle, what it is, what it does...as anyone could.

But its just a lot easier to plop a blob of it in my oblivious hands and massage it in my wet hair, and sting my eyes ( might be from those sulfates that irritates membranes).
Rinse, repeat and be on my way ( I am being sarcastic).

It is amazing what a person can discover when they want to.

your not gonna want to check your toothpaste then...

(05-01-2016, 02:09 AM)ellacraig Wrote:  your not gonna want to check your toothpaste then...
You know where they get fluoride? It's industrial waste from aluminum factories!!
And it doesn't do ANYTHING to help your teeth!!
It can be found in rat poison!!

Supposedly, the first case of flouride use in water?
German concentration camps.

I don't think they were worried about the prisoner's teeth... But the addition of flouride to water supposedly induces a more passive state... Now, who might benefit from that...?

I think Operation Paperclip brought more than just a few rocket scientists to America.
But we'd get WAY too OT. ;-)

-Jean

(05-01-2016, 09:24 AM)WantAPair Wrote:  
(05-01-2016, 02:09 AM)ellacraig Wrote:  your not gonna want to check your toothpaste then...
You know where they get fluoride? It's industrial waste from aluminum factories!!
And it doesn't do ANYTHING to help your teeth!!
It can be found in rat poison!!

There's sls and tricolsan and Gawd knows what else in toothpaste too. I just use the natural stuff, can't say my teeth are any better or worse for it but hey I'd rather do that personally either way

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon