Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

amino acid index for natual source of lysine and arginine

http://www.traditionaloven.com/tutorials..._acid.html

For those who want to consume their amino acids naturally ( in foods), this index lists what foods, the amount of amino acids, etc. Pretty nifty. It may be able to allow meal planning to maximise your consumption of amino acids.

One thing to remember is that this is most likely based on fresh vs. Canned or frozen, in which cases nutrients most likely are far less and degraded vs fresh or freshfrozen.

I personally never use canned vegetables, due to the high sodium, unnatural preservatives,, and the bpa in the plastic that lines the cans, which is an endocrine disruptor and possible carcinogen.

(03-01-2016, 05:23 PM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  http://www.traditionaloven.com/tutorials..._acid.html

For those who want to consume their amino acids naturally ( in foods), this index lists what foods, the amount of amino acids, etc. Pretty nifty. It may be able to allow meal planning to maximise your consumption of amino acids.

One thing to remember is that this is most likely based on fresh vs. Canned or frozen, in which cases nutrients most likely are far less and degraded vs fresh or freshfrozen.

I personally never use canned vegetables, due to the high sodium, unnatural preservatives,, and the bpa in the plastic that lines the cans, which is an endocrine disruptor and possible carcinogen.

That's pretty cool. I've been looking for food sources of tryptophan

If i am not mistaken the amino acid 5Htp is a precursor to tryptophan. That can be purchased at walmart in suppliment aisle.

(03-01-2016, 07:40 PM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  If i am not mistaken the amino acid 5Htp is a precursor to tryptophan. That can be purchased at walmart in suppliment aisle.

Yeh your right there, I never tolerated the supplemental version well :s

The metabolic path is tryptophan -> 5HTP -> serotonin. The first step only occurs in the brain, but the second step can happen anywhere. So taking 5HTP can generate serotonin in the blood which does nasty things like cause heart valve fibrosis and/or pulmonary hypertension.

(03-01-2016, 09:53 PM)Candace Wrote:  The metabolic path is tryptophan -> 5HTP -> serotonin. The first step only occurs in the brain, but the second step can happen anywhere. So taking 5HTP can generate serotonin in the blood which does nasty things like cause heart valve fibrosis and/or pulmonary hypertension.

Hence why I am hesitant to take isolated supplements :s

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon