Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Piercings or tattoos

Well the tongue piercing didn't go as planned. I got it done far back as to remain professional but after two days pulled it inside the tongue ouch! I went back had it taken out and healed two weeks. Went back again at no charge and got it done again. This time she said went went a little further forward but didn't get it centered. So she stuck me for a third time-got the top centered but the bottom wasn't to avoid a vein. NOT GETTING YOUR TONGUE PIERCING CENTERED HURTS LIKE A MOTHER! But I didn't want to be a baby about. kept it for a week and a half and finally said it's got to go. I personally took it out and healed for two weeks. This time I went to a place that my wife had been to before and I knew was reputable. This woman now owned a chain of parlors and been inking and piercing for over 25yrs. She gave me numbing mouth wash, and even some numbing gel that tastes like cherries. I held my breath and in it went. This time it was just a little bee sting. But it was much forward then any before. I was so excited I had one again and it didn't hurt or bother me, I decided to do my right tragic. So over the weekend, I put a clear retainer in my ear. Been worried if anyone at work would see it but so far one week and no one has a clue. Tongue is completely hidden. My wife still hasn't noticed. In a few days I plan to go get the starter bar replaced with something shorter and more trendy. Oh and I pierced my nose on the left side. I keep s retainer in that too but again still no one has noticed. I only put jewelry in them when I dress. But it's my secret!

Erin, sounds good.Smile
That's exactly the kind of thing I meant when I said the other day to find a comfortable middle ground.
For a long time I wanted a tongue piercing too, but didn't dare risk it whilst I was working, now I'm retired that urge seems to have evaporated! However a couple of weeks ago, after hinting a number of times over several years, my wife finally admitted that she wanted me to have a helix piercing, which I did a few days ago.

None and none, ... yet.. Earrings will be the first.. My wife would prefer them
that way

(02-04-2016, 02:42 AM)Erin Wrote:  Well the tongue piercing didn't go as planned. I got it done far back as to remain professional but after two days pulled it inside the tongue ouch! I went back had it taken out and healed two weeks. Went back again at no charge and got it done again. This time she said went went a little further forward but didn't get it centered. So she stuck me for a third time-got the top centered but the bottom wasn't to avoid a vein. NOT GETTING YOUR TONGUE PIERCING CENTERED HURTS LIKE A MOTHER! But I didn't want to be a baby about. kept it for a week and a half and finally said it's got to go. I personally took it out and healed for two weeks. This time I went to a place that my wife had been to before and I knew was reputable. This woman now owned a chain of parlors and been inking and piercing for over 25yrs. She gave me numbing mouth wash, and even some numbing gel that tastes like cherries. I held my breath and in it went. This time it was just a little bee sting. But it was much forward then any before. I was so excited I had one again and it didn't hurt or bother me, I decided to do my right tragic. So over the weekend, I put a clear retainer in my ear. Been worried if anyone at work would see it but so far one week and no one has a clue. Tongue is completely hidden. My wife still hasn't noticed. In a few days I plan to go get the starter bar replaced with something shorter and more trendy. Oh and I pierced my nose on the left side. I keep s retainer in that too but again still no one has noticed. I only put jewelry in them when I dress. But it's my secret!
I had thought of getting my tongue pierced.. but thought of the pain..good to know there is numbing stuff for the tongue piercing.

lol makes me think of the Green Day song that has the line in it " going to pierce my tongue, it doesn't hurt, it feels just fine .."

(08-12-2015, 11:34 AM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  I pierced both my nips...by myself.....ouuuch!.( about six months ago).

Wow, no kidding - You pierced your own Nips - thats brave. I had both my nips pierced 6 years ago - OMG the first one was so painful I turned White ( lost my color) then the 2nd one was worse because I knew the pain was coming - Wife held my hand the whole time --- She went second and had a nose piercing.

Loved the nipple piercings , started with 16g bars and moved up to 14 g over the next year BUT my left nip never healed even after a year, so made the decision to remove to let heal- Nipple piercings are a lot of maintenance in the beginning --- thought of doing them again but havent been in the right mindset to get it done again... my wife still has the nose ring though.

(04-04-2016, 11:25 PM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  I had thought of getting my tongue pierced.. but thought of the pain..good to know there is numbing stuff for the tongue piercing.

If you did your own nips - a tongue piercing is a walk in the park... lol... about 10 years ago after my wife and i met , we both had our tongues pierced- instant pain for about 5 seconds then all is well, small amount of swelling for 2 days - then its a matter of just getting use to something foreign in your mouth all the time.

My ears have two piercings, but I only wear ear studs occasionally to keep the holes open.
The woman HATES when I wear pearls, which I love.
She doesn't mind others as much, but since I have a pretty strong "binary" concept, I don't usually want to go out with earrings. Seems silly on the one hand, because the earrings are essentially unisex, but I'm working in a conservative (banking) environment. Even as an insider, not a customer-facing drone, I don't want to rock the boat. No other guys here have pierced ears, so far as I know - let alone tats or other odd piercings. At least, that they'd talk about. ;-)

I've been hovering on the nipples for ages. I think it looks sexy as hell, especially the nipple shields and such, but since I can "print" nipples already, I'd rather NOT have piercings evident. And wearing a sports bra over the piercings seems a bit rough on the nips, when healing. Maybe a Genie bra, but that can become too obvious (since I'm already big - Pecs from body building style lifting when I was young, + lots of swimming, especially breast stroke.)
Tongue would be an issue. Talking is a big deal, the boss never stops yapping, and it's interactive yapping.
And I'll NEVER get my belly pierced. I'm going to be fat anyway... :-( No need or reason to draw attention to the pudge, or the loose skin I'll likely have IF I manage to lose the weight again.

-Dianna

I have had both my ears pierced since the early 90's (showing my age).

on my to do lists: belly button piercing. though I had a friend who pierced his belly button and it got infected...so I am kind of leary on that one. felt the same about when pierced my nips, was worried about mastititis, but it all worked out for the better :p

and being brave? no, I just didn't want to be embarrassed showing my "oobies" to some piercing guy Blush

Piercing update:
Well it's been a few weeks now and the tongue piercing it great. I went back and got the starter bar replaced with a shorter, lighter, color matching bar. Had only minor swelling and discomfort for about 4-5 days afterwards. By day 7, no swelling or pain. Absolutely no speech impediment or anything. In fact, I almost forget I have it unless I start to play with it. I just love having it now. I bought a bunch of different jewelry for it. I even found a vibrating ball that screws on to the bar. Now that ought to be interesting.
The tragus piercing is healing well also. Still keep a clear retainer in it.
I took my belly ring out. The dogs kept jumping on me and I just kept snagging it on everything especially when lifting heavy objects. So it became really tender and it wasn't worth the pain.i had it for about six months but it still never fully healed. I hear the belly takes a long time because your torso constantly moves. Occasionally keep a clear retainer in my nose. Once again, nose and the tragus piercings are so small, no one knows. I would love to get my left helix done but might catch some shit for it.
One last thing. I got my tongue done for two reasons. The first, I just really wanted it, second, I have to have an oral fixation. When I work, I focus and concentrate better when my mouth is busy like eating nuts and snacks. I was really starting to gain weight but getting my tongue pierced keeps me from eating as much and it has made me more productive at work.

For those who would like their tongues pierced, but worried about what folks (friends, work associates, family, etc.), then, I was exactly the same. However I mentioned this to my piercer, and whilst not really what she wanted to do, she used a retainer, instead of the stainless steel barbell, which has a steel shaft, and half-round clear plastic ends.

It's almost impossible to see, unless you want it - I then swap it for the more conventional bar bell for those occasions when it MUST be seen or be used !!!

12 months since I had it done, and I work in a stuffy office environment, and not a single comment from any one - if I'd had the normal stainless balls, there would definitely have been some, especially from my puritanical boss !!

I had both my nipples pierced just about ten years ago. I did have them done at a business (DermaTech, St Helens, Or) rather than any notion of DIY. And I didn't want to go through the 'discomfort' twice, so I went for broke and got them both done. It was excruciating but worth it.

When I left the salon, I had 16 guage hoops in. Since then, as the photos indicate, I've gone to progressively larger jewelry. As of about 3 years ago, I've outgrown anything available commercially, so I've had to make my own.
Right now, the pink inserts I'm using are about 5/16" across.

And I am VERY pleased with the results. I had no idea starting out that my nips would grow like they have but the results speak for themselves. I have pumped them in years past, and still do occassionally just for fun but the bulk of what you see is growth of the nipple accommodating progressively bigger objects.

Actually, on a certain level, I have come to think of the insert as an armature that my body builds flesh around.

I have had misadventures along the way.... the piercing will stretch at first, accepting a larger size it's not really ready for. Within 12 hours, I'll realize they aren't ready for that big a jump. Leave the oversize in there too long, and they get sort of seized in there. Then it's a REAL problem to get them out without tearing tissue inside the nipple.

They are 'out there', showing up no matter what shirt I wear. I am a CD and even with a bra on, they generally push through.
I work commercial construction (wearing just a tee shirt 99% of the time) and it's become common knowledge that they are pierced. "They have to be" is what one foreman said. No one on the job has ever seen them, but the evidence speaks for itself.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon