Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Coming out and I'm a mess.

ok, I have an appointment with a gender therapist on Thursday next week which can't come soon enough because I'm freaking out a bit. I'm writing this to try and get my thoughts in line.

tl : dr version - I'm in the process of coming out as trans, and I'm not having second thoughts exactly, but I think from actually talking about it, and spending the last few weeks en femme socially, I'm confused about how I really identify.

Long Story Version

I've always had a fascination with the opposite sex. I'd go as far as to say envy. As soon as I was old enough to call the shots I grew my hair long and during my teens experimented with bisexuality (didn't take long to realise that I wasn't attracted to guys) and dabbled with going out in female clothes with my friends. I certainly considered the possibility that I was transgender back then and was open about it.

Then during my 20s I moved to Holland and I presented as a fairly normal hetero male, if a bit effeminate, but I'm a goth. We can get away with that. The feelings in my teens never went away, though I kept them to myself. I started reading a lot of transgender fiction and fantasized about the possibility of being female but never considered it something that could be a reality.

Then a few years ago I moved to the UK. One day I had the inspiration to write my own transgender fiction, which I did and published it on Fictionmania where it was very well received. Eventually I published it on Amazon as well. Again it was very popular, so I wrote more of the series, and over the last two years I've published 11 individual books altogether, and I'm currently working on my biggest book so far. It's the writing that has really brought these transgendered feelings to the surface, and made them a dominant part of me. I spend most of my time in my head with my stories and my characters, developing them and living their lives, exploring their thoughts and expanding the plots and really studying and philosophising about all the aspects gender. I'm not saying my books are special or even intelligent (they are mostly erotica and romance), but I do spend a lot of time in their worlds.

I never considered the possibility of transitioning, mostly because I'm 6ft 2in which would make it very difficult to pass. Then one day outside the train station I saw a stunning woman. She was about my age, about my height, wearing all black, and completely owning it.

It wasn't long after that that I began taking PM. That was a year ago. I love the results I've had on it and have completely accepted my height. I can totally rock it. A few weeks ago I started coming out to my closest friends, and have been going out with them en femme. They've been really accepting and supportive and just great. I've got some new clothes for this weekend that I'm really looking forward to taking for a test drive. Smile

But I'm wondering, what the hell is all this about? On the one hand, if I could wave a magic wand and wake up tomorrow as a completely anatomically correct female, I would be over the moon. It seems that I would be completely happy doing a full transition. But at the same time, I've been happy enough presenting as male for the last 30 years. And there is no magic wand. I guess I just want to live my life in a way that would make me the happiest, and I'm not sure if a full transition is what would do it. I suppose I'm just nervous about being a transwoman. The area I live in isn't particularly friendly and I'm bound to run into trouble over it. Plus all my friends live in neighbouring cities so I wouldn't have them around for support. And I worry about future relationships. Are there women out there who would be interested in a 6ft transwoman? Certainly. Are there many? No.

Then again, I don't have to go full time. I don't even need to transition socially. And I do OK as a guy. But what then? Does that make me nonbinary? Genderfluid? Or am I just wimping out? Maybe. But before I officially come out, I need to know where I want to go with this. There will be questions. There will be stereotypes to challenge. It will be emotional and there will be no going back.

I have to get my head together. Bring on Thursday.

You sound brave to me. You moved from country to country something I would not do. Then you wrote about your true feelings a lot. As a poet and artist I know you must be brave to put yourself out there bearing your soul. You ask about your sexual dynamic. I am certain you can find a lover, friends, and a community to support you. I found places like fetlife, yutuvu, facebook, tumbler, fliker, butterflylounge, PFLAG, support groups like AA, DBSA depression bipolar support alliance.

Or and you could just have your appt
Get some validation

Then step back take time and think

No rush

Just be you

?

Julie

(06-11-2015, 08:10 AM)julieTG Wrote:  Or and you could just have your appt
Get some validation

Then step back take time and think

No rush

Just be you

?

Julie

Send that!

the appointment is definitely needed before I make any radical decisions... but a week feels like such a long time right now Sad

(06-11-2015, 09:30 AM)Ellie Wrote:  the appointment is definitely needed before I make any radical decisions... but a week feels like such a long time right now Sad

At least you will get some validation on what your feelings are, and what they might mean for the future.

I think sometimes we know what we need ( or want ) but we worry about what that means when a therapist agrees with us.

ha

second that Janet

Julie

I wrestled with this question for many years in my youth.
This was long before the internet, so all I had were my confused feelings and the knowledge that what I was doing was probably wrong.
Then I found this gender test
http://hemingways.org/GIDinfo/sage/test.htm
And it told me that I need both male and female identities in me to make me happy. And since then I am much happier. No worries about transitioning, or being gay. I'm just me.
Take the test and you might be pleasantly surprised.
Bobbi

thanks Smile I'll give it a go tonight.

Oh ?
Julie

S.A.G.E. Test Results
Your Raw Score is: -445, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

Your appearance is Quite Masculine

Your brain processes are mostly that of a Female person.

You appear to socialize in a androgynous manner.

You believe you have normal doubts about your gender identity.

You indicated your were born Male.

ANALYSIS:
Male to Female Transsexual in doubt about your ability to successfully transition.
NOTES:

Your answers indicate you have altered your physical appearance to look like the opposite sex.
Your answers indicate you may be AUTOGYNEPHILIC. Your answers indicate you may fit the following type(s):
Physiologic: arousal from the idea of having opposite sex physiology. This does not necessarily mean you WANT the physiology of the opposite sex, you just find the IDEA of it exciting.
[ CLOSE WINDOW ]

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon