Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

HRT restart -updates

Forgot to mention, my boobs...

Yesterday, I briefly noticed booth my boobs were throbbing suddenly. It didn't last a long time. This morning a realized my right breast was a little bit puffer than the other.

I'm one day short of two weeks and really not much more happening since day eleven. As an update, my skin is definitely smoother and my body scent seems a bit sweeter? But definitely I smell different. No more oily skin, boobs still looking good but no appreciable growth pains at the moment. My body hair has definitely slowed down. I've been debating this lately, as I've been hearing others on YouTube starting this way. But since day two, I have been taking 1 mg estradiol (split from 2mg pill) one in the morning and one in the evening. I also spill the spironolactone in half, taking 25mg at the same time as the E. This is feel is too low per serving so start just takin all three pills in the morning . I take the E sublingually. Being this dosage is still really low by usual standards, I will ask my doc if I can double my dose. I will do another update when more significant developments occur.

Keep in mind that if you're being prescribed your E as oral (swallowed) and taking sublingual you're actually getting a higher dose faster than the doc is prescribing. Absorption via the GI is slower & prolonged and also has to contend with a first pass through the liver. With sublingual the drug gets out into the blood stream and into the body before it eventually hits the liver, hence having higher impact than via GI.

Some drugs are engineered to be swallowed, so stick with how the doc has prescribed things. If you think you need to change, consult first. Yes, they are treating you, but also likely being conservative. The physician's motto is "Do No Harm" for a reason.

Great reminder and true Spoked.

Sorry I haven't responded sooner, I've been taking all my meds once daily and I'm o.k. with that. For one, Im seeing changes occurring over the weeks now am quite pleased with how things are literally shaping up. As a note, I've always been gifted(?) with the ability to respond to drugs (legally) really well. Although not drastic, the changes are noticeable enough for my boss to comment. I've been working on losing weight for the last 3 months slowly (not really counting the pounds. I decided to lose weight judging my size and shape. I purchased a set of flats this morning and noticed that my shoes went down from size 9 1/2 to 8 1/2. I've noticed that I actually have curves and can wear all the dresses that I have been window shopping for!

One other thing, before I decided to jump back on the transition wagon, I had noticed that I was going through some age related changes, yes I will admit I'm in my mid 40s. However, I noticed just as I started my weight loss, I was feeling a bit different. After reading about "manepause" I realized that my T has dropped since the last few months as I haven't had much sexual drive being the first clue. Also, I'm guessing, it's been easier for my herbals to keep me more feminine than in the past and I would also dare to say that is the reason why hormones this time around is working quicker than I expected due to less work overcoming the T. I have no numbers yet but it's all intuition right now. I should be seeing the doc to get another blood test for my levels in a few months.

I'm in between my 3rd week and 1month anniversary, lol, but will go ahead and do an update. So, here is a recap of the changes I've noticed since day one. As of today, my skin is soft and getting a smooth texture. Shaving my body hair seems easier as I've noticed that since before the hrt, my body hairs were very coarse. I noticed yesterday while shaving my lower abdomen, that there were patches of thicker and thinner hairs. It's quite odd. My facial hair has slowed down quite a bit. Not gotten lighter though. Eyelashes have seemed to double, litterally in length and seems to be double the number of lashes. Very awesome! I have lost quite a bit of weight so I'm not sure if the hrt has affected any muscle changes, however, I have noticed my body shape is more feminine than I can remember. Especially my legs (calfs) have taken more of a thinner , feminine appearance. I've seen very subtle changes in my face also which the hubby has even commented on. Emotionally, I'm not to bad. I am not a wreck yet nor had the urge to cry uncontrollably. Although I remember when I started transition 15 years ago, it was terrible when it happened. I do however feel a bit more emotional and irritable at times especially when it comes to stress. I suppose that will probably start sometime next month. My labido already went away before hrt, but definitely not here anymore. I guess that's it for now. I may post breast pics for you breast watchers out there. They seem more firm/rounded too. And they definitely stand out!

Ooh yes
Pics essential

Julie

Sounds like you are on your way SG! Congrats!

Uh oh, crying spells have begun! Tweeze my whole face in three days. Face is smooth until it all regrows. It will take a wile until it grows back out. Hopefully it will be finer this time sincestarting hrt.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon