Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Does Anyone Have Experience with DIM?

I'm just getting started on NBE and along with PM I am picking out an AA. I don't buy on-line, so I need a local source. In my area we have Mustardseed Markets which have a large selection of natural products. I was hoping to find spearmint, but i was out of luck. The store has a mix of capsules and extracts of many items, including Saw Palmetto, Skullcap, Licorice, reishi and DIM. I decided to try the DIM and am now wondering if anyone has experience or comments concerning the use of DIM. The DIM I have is from Source Naturals and it is 100mg tablets with 100mg of DIM along with 100mg Lecithin, 3mg Black Pepper Fruit extract and 50IU VItamin E.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Highhope

(12-10-2015, 04:46 PM)Highhope Wrote:  I'm just getting started on NBE and along with PM I am picking out an AA. I don't buy on-line, so I need a local source. In my area we have Mustardseed Markets which have a large selection of natural products. I was hoping to find spearmint, but i was out of luck. The store has a mix of capsules and extracts of many items, including Saw Palmetto, Skullcap, Licorice, reishi and DIM. I decided to try the DIM and am now wondering if anyone has experience or comments concerning the use of DIM. The DIM I have is from Source Naturals and it is 100mg tablets with 100mg of DIM along with 100mg Lecithin, 3mg Black Pepper Fruit extract and 50IU VItamin E.

Highhope

HI.
Dim is generally taken to reduce bad estrogen levels in the body. The supportive additons to the one you mentioned aid absorption and antioxidant. I was told to take it if I suspected I was estrogen dominant. I tried for a few days but stopped as I haven't had my hormones checked to confirm I was estro dom. Seeing you are a male however I'm not sure if it would have the same effect. I cant imagine why it wouldn't though.

(12-10-2015, 07:17 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  
(12-10-2015, 04:46 PM)Highhope Wrote:  I'm just getting started on NBE and along with PM I am picking out an AA. I don't buy on-line, so I need a local source. In my area we have Mustardseed Markets which have a large selection of natural products. I was hoping to find spearmint, but i was out of luck. The store has a mix of capsules and extracts of many items, including Saw Palmetto, Skullcap, Licorice, reishi and DIM. I decided to try the DIM and am now wondering if anyone has experience or comments concerning the use of DIM. The DIM I have is from Source Naturals and it is 100mg tablets with 100mg of DIM along with 100mg Lecithin, 3mg Black Pepper Fruit extract and 50IU VItamin E.

Highhopecf

HI.
Dim is generally taken to reduce bad estrogen levels in the body. The supportive additons to the one you mentioned aid absorption and antioxidant. I was told to take it if I suspected I was estrogen dominant. I tried for a few days but stopped as I haven't had my hormones checked to confirm I was estro dom. Seeing you are a male however I'm not sure if it would have the same effect. I cant imagine why it wouldn't though.

U are great Smile
U have alot of information about every thing Smile

(12-10-2015, 08:01 PM)sweetyalissa Wrote:  

Highhopecf

HI.

U are great Smile

Aw thank you Smile
But no I don't know that much, just tid bits of things ive had experience with since starting nbe.

(12-10-2015, 08:07 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  

Highhopecf

HI.

U are great Smile

Aw thank you Smile
But no I don't know that much, just tid bits of things ive had experience with since starting nbe.

Ellacraig: What is "bad estrogen"?

Highhope

(12-10-2015, 09:36 PM)Highhope Wrote:  
(12-10-2015, 08:07 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  

Highhopecf

HI.

U are great Smile

Aw thank you Smile

Ellacraig: What is "bad estrogen"?

Highhope
This might help explain it. It's the type us women don't want too much of as contributes to b cancer
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estrogen

I use DiM to try to steer clear of cancer causing Estrogens. It helps the body to use the good Estrogens.

(12-10-2015, 10:44 PM)iaboy Wrote:  I use DiM to try to steer clear of cancer causing Estrogens. It helps the body to use the good Estrogens.
Your right there ia. It might not reduce estrogens rather shift the focus to the good kind so to speak. Why the eff aren't i using it then! And of course I forgot men actually get BC too .
What I wondered though is estradiol responsible for breast growth ? If so by taking dim are we cancelling out our efforts?
I should know which estrogens is resp for growth .. @slapsownhandsoiaboydoesnthavetodoitforme@

(12-10-2015, 10:53 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  
(12-10-2015, 10:44 PM)iaboy Wrote:  I use DiM to try to steer clear of cancer causing Estrogens. It helps the body to use the good Estrogens.
Your right there ia. It might not reduce estrogens rather shift the focus to the good kind so to speak. Why the eff aren't i using it then! And of course I forgot men actually get BC too .
What I wondered though is estradiol responsible for breast growth ? If so by taking dim are we cancelling out our efforts?
I should know which estrogens is resp for growth .. @slapsownhandsoiaboydoesnthavetodoitforme@

If I remember discussions I had with Lotus, there are 3 main ones. A, B, and I think estriol?? A is the fastest for breast growth, but that's the one that causes cancer??? I hope I remember it right. I never really asked him if DiM could slow down breast growth or not..

4a-OH estrone and 16a-OH estrone are carcinogenic, dim helps shift these dangerous metabolites out of the system. Increase estrogen metabolism, this is a preventive step. The longer estrogens hang around increases the likelihood of future problems.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10476]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon