Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

You must read this article !

Not sure if it was shared before, but I think it is a great article that compiles lots of the information found on the forum about body type/ fat distribution and hormones.

I though I would share for those who just like me are lost and have trouble understanding all the info.

Hope that helps

http://www.metaboliceffect.com/female-ef...-patterns/

(07-07-2015, 12:13 AM)Neverloosehope Wrote:  Not sure if it was shared before, but I think it is a great article that compiles lots of the information found on the forum about body type/ fat distribution and hormones.

I though I would share for those who just like me are lost and have trouble understanding all the info.

Hope that helps

Nice post NLH, I like this quote from the article "Adrenergic receptors are like the gas and brake peddles on your car and work to accelerate or decrease fat usage."

Quote:Estrogen is a little different. Estrogen works to increase fat storage by up-regulating what is known as alpha-adrenergic receptors in female fat depots around the hips and thighs. Adrenergic receptors are like the gas and brake peddles on your car and work to accelerate or decrease fat usage. Beta-adrenergic receptors increase fat burning while alpha adrenergic receptors block it. The hips and thighs of a woman have higher amounts of alpha adrenergic receptors compared to men. This is also the major reason it is so difficult for some women to lose fat from the hips and thighs.

(07-07-2015, 01:15 AM)Lotus Wrote:  
(07-07-2015, 12:13 AM)Neverloosehope Wrote:  Not sure if it was shared before, but I think it is a great article that compiles lots of the information found on the forum about body type/ fat distribution and hormones.

Hope that helps

Nice post NLH, I like this quote from the article "Adrenergic receptors are like the gas and brake peddles on your car and work to accelerate or decrease fat usage."

Quote:Estrogen is a little different. Estrogen works to increase fat storage by up-regulating what is known as alpha-adrenergic receptors in female fat depots around the hips and thighs. Adrenergic receptors are like the gas and brake peddles on your car and work to accelerate or decrease fat usage. Beta-adrenergic receptors increase fat burning while alpha adrenergic receptors block it. The hips and thighs of a woman have higher amounts of alpha adrenergic receptors compared to men. This is also the major reason it is so difficult for some women to lose fat from the hips and thighs.

NLH,

From the article (and this is what I've come to understand) is that balancing hormones is tied to everything. A low carb diet tied to restoring HGH levels is one way to achieve this balance.

I found the following statement to be repeated in science, (posted and shared in a few different threads). However, you can also increase HGH through HIIT (high intensity interval training workouts), throw in some intermittent fasting (12-16 hrs) with HIIT and you get some 2000% increase in HGH.

Quote:There are only three ways to reliably restore HGH in the body: sleep, adequate protein, and intense exercise using weights.

This is a really great ariticle. Thank you! No wonder I used to feel so good weight-lifting. I have just recently started excercising more intensely after shying away from it from laziness and trying to store fat for NBE, but this article makes me happy to go pump some iron again. I actually did pull-ups, two days ago. I am just thankful for my genes or whatever gives me that power because it is amazing that I can still lift myself after being a computer potato for so long! I think I need to find a dog-poo free patch of grass at the park to go see what cartwheel skills I retain. Big Grin

Lotus, As you know I have never managed to grow an after reading this article I understood that cortisol was the culprit - I did a blood test and indeed the cortisol was really high.

So basically I increased Oestro with my high cortisol and everything went in my belly.
From the article and the blood test, I also understood that I my oestro is higher that my progesteron (based on my body shape)

So here is what I decided to do:

1/ Increase oestro with fenugreek/fennel in the first part of my cycle

2/ and just PC in the second half.

3/ I will drink Spearmint tea to decrease testosterone during the whole cycle

4/ Cut out coffee, and curb my carb consumption, meditate more to take care of the cortisol levels

5/ Massage 2x day

6/ Lift weight 3x week

What do you think about this programme ? Should I take fenugreek throughout the month ?

Thanks

(07-07-2015, 07:54 PM)Neverloosehope Wrote:  Lotus, As you know I have never managed to grow an after reading this article I understood that cortisol was the culprit - I did a blood test and indeed the cortisol was really high.

So basically I increased Oestro with my high cortisol and everything went in my belly.
From the article and the blood test, I also understood that I my oestro is higher that my progesteron (based on my body shape)

So here is what I decided to do:

1/ Increase oestro with fenugreek/fennel in the first part of my cycle

2/ and just PC in the second half.

3/ I will drink Spearmint tea to decrease testosterone during the whole cycle

4/ Cut out coffee, and curb my carb consumption, meditate more to take care of the cortisol levels

5/ Massage 2x day

6/ Lift weight 3x week

What do you think about this programme ? Should I take fenugreek throughout the month ?

Thanks

NLH,

I like this plan, keep a watch on sodium and starch. Fenugreek can be taken all cycle, I'd go slow though, maybe take a few days off (day 16-19).

From the blog: (thanks for the link again, it's great info). Big Grin

There are two type of adrenergic receptors. Alpha adrenergic receptors and beta adrenergic receptors. The alpha receptors slow fat release and beta receptors speed fat release. To keep this straight in your head think “A” for “anti-burn” and “B” for “burn”.

Stubborn fat has more alpha receptors
Stubborn fat has less beta receptors
Stubborn fat stores more fat and releases less of it under the influence of insulin
Stubborn fat has less blood flow through it
Hormones that increase HSL activity and/or inhibit LPL activity stimulate fat release
Hormones that decrease HSL activity and/or stimulate LPL action encourage fat storage
Calories matter too. It is impossible to store fat regardless of hormonal action in a low calorie state and it is unlikely to lose fat if you are in calorie excess
Stubborn fat is stubborn not because it can’t be released, but rather because it releases fat much more slowly compared to less stubborn fat.
The sex steroids (estrogen, progesterone and testosterone) have receptors in fat tissue and play an important role in HSL/LPL activity as well as impact alpha versus beta receptor number and activity
http://www.metaboliceffect.com/how-to-lo...ps-thighs/

Quote:High sodium diet was associated with increased urinary cortisol and its metabolites. Also, HS diet was associated with HT, insulin resistance, dyslipidaemia and hypoadiponectinaemia, even when adjusting by confounding variables. Further, we observed that high salt intake, IR and higher cortisol metabolites, alone or combined in a clinical simple model, accurately predicted MetS status, suggesting an additive mechanism in obesity-related metabolic disorders.

High sodium intake is associated with increased glucocorticoid production, insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23594269

High-Salt Diet May Boost Cortisol
Eating a diet high in sodium increased levels of cortisol and other metabolites, potentially giving rise to metabolic syndrome, researchers found.
http://www.medpagetoday.com/Endocrinolog...logy/39256

The other things I would look at would be GTE-green tea extract with a cyclic amp cAMP (second messenger) supplement which supports cellular function, actually intracellular communication. Forskolin is one of the types, although imo other cAMP supplements exist. CoQ10 is similar imo, so is the intent of PGE2, Prostaglandins. These help get rid of that stubborn middle, and can help reshape the waist, the ELEL is example of doing just that.

Big Grin

I absolutely LOVED this article, and I took notes throughout =D geek alert

one question:
since progesterone does a great deal in aiding to bigger breasts, what do you eat/take (as in supplements/herbs) in order to get this thing going??

i was estrogen dominant for sooooo long in my life,on & off of bc pills, then i switched to progesterone depo proverb bc shot.. now i'm done with everything for now (gonna be single for a while..I'm "doing me") =D

anyways.. wait to take for the progesterone?

xoxo

Hi BB,

I personally supplement with Progesterone cream during Luteal.

Agreed. That is a fantastic article written in easy to understand language. Time for me to get a good night's sleepBig Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon