Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM primarily for mental benefits?

Just curious: how many here are still taking PM primarily (or exclusively) for the mental benefits?

I'm asking because in the months I've been here, I think there are some that were in that camp when I started that have moved on much further down the transition path. Wink

Michelle

Hello Michelle.

Yes, I'm taking pm for the mental benefits.

I still have one foot in that camp. It's hard to say my reasons are one or the other but if the mental effect was all I got from PM, I'd certainly keep taking it. Honestly, of the two effects, mental and physical, my greatest success with PM is largely the mental benefits (primarily reduced sex drive). The bulk of my physical changes have come from weight loss, growing my hair out and changes in my wardrobe (much more "metro sexual" - ugg, I hate that word). All that said, my desire for SRS remains as high as ever although, it's not as demanding as it used to be (if that makes sense). It's just something I want with my whole being but I have some level of contentment as I am for the short term.

Funny, Kari, but we have reached a point where you and I have a huge amount in common. Everything you just wrote I could have written myself, excepting the comments about SRS, but I am slowly approaching that point too.
Michelle, I still take pm, despite the E I am taking, and I do so for the mental benefits pretty much exclusively.

Even if I succeed in getting a prescription for E2, I intend to keep on with PM for its other benefits. I attribute the fact that I was able to take 10 years at the wrong end of a $15 million lawsuit and a contingent settlement that could still have bankrupted me, without getting unduly stressed out, to the beta blockers which seem to have been primarily responsible for destroying my male function, and thereafter to PM.

Kari,

I like how much more colorful your new avatar is. Smile

(05-08-2014, 01:29 PM)kari leigh Wrote:  I still have one foot in that camp. It's hard to say my reasons are one or the other but if the mental effect was all I got from PM, I'd certainly keep taking it. Honestly, of the two effects, mental and physical, my greatest success with PM is largely the mental benefits (primarily reduced sex drive). The bulk of my physical changes have come from weight loss, growing my hair out and changes in my wardrobe (much more "metro sexual" - ugg, I hate that word). All that said, my desire for SRS remains as high as ever although, it's not as demanding as it used to be (if that makes sense). It's just something I want with my whole being but I have some level of contentment as I am for the short term.

I'm not quite following you when you say you would keep taking pm if all you got from it was mental effects. It sounds like pm has only really affected you in the mental realm. Would you please clarify what you mean exactly?

(05-08-2014, 11:41 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  Kari,

I like how much more colorful your new avatar is. Smile
Thanks!

(05-08-2014, 11:41 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  I'm not quite following you when you say you would keep taking pm if all you got from it was mental effects. It sounds like pm has only really affected you in the mental realm. Would you please clarify what you mean exactly?

Yeah, I wasn't sure if that was very clear. I have gotten some physical results but they pale in comparison to the mental. Maybe 20% physical and 80% mental??? If there were NO physical effect at all, I'd still take PM for it's mental effects.

Thank you for your replies, flame, kari, Sammie, and Annie!

This thread inspired yet another question; I'll start a new thread for it.

Michelle

Is this something specific to the PM, or is this just happening indirectly by raising Estrogen?

I'm not able to transition now, but I wanted to get a prescription for E after hearing about the mental effects. I can't get the Rx now so I'm trying the OTC stuff. So far haven't had any results and was scared to try PM after reading about the DVT risk, but that might be indirectly due to raising E also (?)

(19-10-2017, 02:50 AM)Nightshade Wrote:  Is this something specific to the PM, or is this just happening indirectly by raising Estrogen?

I'm not able to transition now, but I wanted to get a prescription for E after hearing about the mental effects. I can't get the Rx now so I'm trying the OTC stuff. So far haven't had any results and was scared to try PM after reading about the DVT risk, but that might be indirectly due to raising E also (?)

The mental benefits are from raising estrogen levels.
DVT risk can be eliminated by taking Rutin. 
Injectable estrogen gived you the same DVT risk as a genetic female with her own estrogen.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon