Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How many are we?

In another thread:

(26-06-2014, 01:37 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Based only on my own experience, the number of TG is staggeringly large.

I'd like to add some substance to Sammie's true statement.

Dr. Lynn Conway, a transwoman, electrical engineer, computer scientist, academic, and gender activist has an interesting website in which she argues that the incidence of transgenderism in males is at least 1 in every 500 births.

About 20% of those transgenders go on to full transition including SRS.

Officially, the psychiatric profession puts the number at a ridiculously low 1/30,000 births. That estimate is deeply flawed.

If you're interested, here's a link to Dr. Conway's paper:

How Frequently Does Transsexualism Occur?

Are you more aware of the existence of transgenders in society than in the past? I know that I am, not the least of whom is myself...lol!

The biggest LGBTI event ever will take place in Chicago this coming Sunday, June 29th. It's the 45th Annual Pride Parade. Last year, 800,000 onlookers came to watch the parade. Yes, that's big, and I'm sure many, many are ignorant gawkers, but slowly people are coming to learn about and accept the gender binary nonconformists among us.

BTW, I plan to march in the parade with other girls from Chi Chapter and the Chicago Gender Society. I'll post a few pictures of our float next week.

Clara Cool

Wear some flats, Sis! Big Grin
Wish I could be there.

(26-06-2014, 05:12 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Wear some flats, Sis! Big Grin
Wish I could be there.

I wish you could, too, sis.

I'm planning to wear an aqua pull-over top, tan shorts, my new white and pink walking shoes, cinnamon wig, and a straw hat with a pink hat band and bow. Oh, and my Ralph Lauren shades (in case my son shows up to watch the parade)...LOL. It goes without saying I'm very excited!!

Clara Cool

You rock, Sis! Take plenty of pictures, tee hee. What time is the parafe so I can be thinking of you?

(26-06-2014, 06:07 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  You rock, Sis! Take plenty of pictures, tee hee. What time is the parafe so I can be thinking of you?

The parade is supposed to kickoff at noon, but I'm told that it's often late getting started. As long as it finishes before a T-storm blows in Sunday PM, I'll be happy (don't want to get soaked wearing a wig... hee hee. Maybe we could have a wet T-shirt contest... giggle. T-girls in T-shirts in a T-storm... Big Grin

Clara Smile

I went to a local TG support group a couple weeks ago. With the city population size of 330,000 and the statistic of 1/30,000 then 11 TG should have been there. In reality there were about 35 TG's. The group has over 90 members.

I was so nervous and yet I'm so proud I did it. Big Grin

Denita

I'm not sure. The on,y objective data I have is the Tri-ess chapter, which may have many members, but usually draws maybe a dozen participants. That's on a city of four million. But I suspect they are a narrow sliver of the TG population, because they do not include gay or transitioning people. Also, as I go out and about, almost everyone I talk to has a friend, an uncle or some other acquaintance who is TG. That just feels like more than 0.5% of the population.

Years ago when I lived in a crappy fifth floor walkup in Manattan, my space was shared by the ubititous New York City roach population until I learned the magic of Boric Acid. They used to tell us what we actually saw was a ridiculously small fraction of the rest seething unseen within the walls. Now I dont mean to compare TGs to roaches....lol....but given the tradition of shame, ridicule, humiliation and hardship heaped upon those who are discovered by light of day, and given the number I see on the various sites I visit and outings I go on, I absolutely know there are many of us. And day by day, year by year, more and more are coming into the light.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon