Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Laser beard removal/reduction

(14-07-2014, 04:32 AM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  
(14-07-2014, 04:15 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  
(03-04-2014, 05:53 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  I would have to go with electrolysis. There's not a dark hair left in my beard. Sad

Keep in mind that LHR (laser hair removal) is not permanent hair removal. Some hair will grow back. Lowering your DHT is critical to minimizing the regrowth.

Clara Smile

I was talking to a person at a clinic where they do laser hair removal among other things. He took a look at my face and said that my beard hair wasn't so gray that a laser wouldn't do a reasonably good job of thinning out my beard. Since I own a Tria 4X, I tried it on my face at home. I figured that if the hairs were dark enough to absorb the light energy I should feel it. Well, let's just say I could barely stand to zap my beard at intensity level 3 (5 is the highest intensity). So I guess the guy was right. Smile

Clara

Sorry to dash your hopes, but laser hurts even if there are no dark follicles to target. I had paid for 5 treatments on my face, and even though after 3 there were no dark hairs on the sides of my face, it still hurt.

The real way to tell if you're killing hair follicles is the little raised bump on each one for a day or two after. Good luck!

That's interesting, Sarah. Since you do not have any gray hairs (I hope anyway), what is the laser heating up to cause the pain? If I discharge my laser on a hairless part of my face, there is no pain. On the beard areas it does. Huh

Today is the day, treatment number 3, its been 8 weeks since the last one....

Have 3 days growth here and I gotta say there's less than last time but unfortunately still too much to go as EveAngry Gonna have to go as "andro guy", been a while since I did that and I gotta say thats gonna suckSad

I do remember thinking when I started this that by the time my six prepaid treatments were over Id likely be close to the "male fail" point and half way in Id say Im on the way thereCool Hoping this continues and my dream becomes reality in timeBig Grin

Whats really cool though is the lack of gray/white hairs, the electrolysis is really starting to show progressCool

Ive been shaved all the time except for the area she wanted to do electro on and we have been mostly working on my neck where most of the white hair WASSmile

This is the first time Ive just let it all grow for three days in what seems like a long time.... CANT WAIT to get this over with todayCool

It's just another thing that's suddenly popped up on my radar. I don't want to have to shave my face. It makes me feel like I'm a guy, and it doesn't make me happy to be reminded. I shutter to think what this is going to cost me down the road. Dodgy

Clara

So, last night I gave myself a laser treatment on my upper lip with the Tria. It was hard to self-inflict such sharp pain over and over, and I was only on level 3 of 5. This morning I see the red spots around the follicles that Sarah mentioned. I guess it works. I think I'll need to buy some numbing cream though. Any recommendations?

LHR = OUCH!

Clara

(14-07-2014, 04:49 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  So, last night I gave myself a laser treatment on my upper lip with the Tria. It was hard to self-inflict such sharp pain over and over, and I was only on level 3 of 5. This morning I see the red spots around the follicles that Sarah mentioned. I guess it works. I think I'll need to buy some numbing cream though. Any recommendations?

LHR = OUCH!

Clara

The first time is the worst by far. i remember describing it to a friend as feeling like someone was popping me in the face 1000 times really hard with a rubber band that was on fire lol. it gets easier. ive had 6 on my face and the last one still stung but wasnt too bad.just dont take any blood thinners. they gave me a whole list of stuff i couldnt take as to prevent bruising!

Aspirin, fish oil, numerous herbs.

(14-07-2014, 05:21 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  
(14-07-2014, 04:49 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  So, last night I gave myself a laser treatment on my upper lip with the Tria. It was hard to self-inflict such sharp pain over and over, and I was only on level 3 of 5. This morning I see the red spots around the follicles that Sarah mentioned. I guess it works. I think I'll need to buy some numbing cream though. Any recommendations?

LHR = OUCH!

Clara

The first time is the worst by far. i remember describing it to a friend as feeling like someone was popping me in the face 1000 times really hard with a rubber band that was on fire lol. it gets easier. ive had 6 on my face and the last one still stung but wasnt too bad.just dont take any blood thinners. they gave me a whole list of stuff i couldnt take as to prevent bruising!

Aspirin, fish oil, numerous herbs.

Thanks, Sarah, I'll keep that in mind. I'll be taking it slow. I'm not that much of a masochist...lol.

Clara

Clara from what Ive read the Tria is no where near powerful enough for permanent hair removal on your face... Im sure it hurts like hell though!!!Tongue

Id recommend finding a real dermatologist and setting up a consultation to get evaluated for laser Wink They should then do a test patch and then have you back in a week or so to see how it worked.... Thats how it worked for me at least.... Then I paid $700 up front for six treatments and she zapped it all....

I had a new laser girl today though.... The old one moved to Vegas...
I didnt think it could be possible but but damn she's even hotter than the last girlCool She also had a new hire in there watching for training purposes... She was a goddess tooSmile I donno maybe its a fetish but I guess I do kinda get off on a SMOKING HOT woman inflicting serious PAIN and stripping away the little remaining manhood I have left WinkTongue

Of course they know all about me because Ive told them all about my "medications" when I was asked (and MEN just dont do this kinda thing) and my little girls are getting kinda hard to hide, pointy nipples especially Big Grin

She "double zapped" me today, said I might be red and sore for a little longer but I should see better results.... All I can say is YEOUCH!!!!!
FUCK THAT HURT!!! Hurt more than the first two times for sure, hopefully it will work better and heal up soon.... There is hardly anything left this time, I think the electro lady might be able to nearly clear my face with two more sessions nowCool

For now though an ice pack sure feels good....

I've been using an Elos Me Smooth on my neck and face (below the cheek line) once a week for the last 5 weeks. I am just beginning to see some results. It's pretty noticeable on the sides, but becomes less so as you move in from the ears to the mouth.

I have lots of greys, so my realistic goal is that when I go to an electrologist, greys are all they have to deal with and full clearance won't take 8-12 hours in the chair.

(14-07-2014, 07:47 PM)EvaMarie Wrote:  Clara from what Ive read the Tria is no where near powerful enough for permanent hair removal on your face... Im sure it hurts like hell though!!!Tongue

The 4X is pretty effective on other body hair from my personal experience. I've been treating my right thigh and just shaving the left and there's a world of difference. It uses a diode laser, not just intense light (IPL type). What I understand is that no LHR can permanently remove hair, but if you knock your DHT down to female level little hair regrowth occurs. Anyway, I've got the dang thing, so might as well give it a go.

Clara

So here we are two months after treatment number three, going for number four on Thursday... I was considering pushing it out another two weeks because there is hardly anything to fry off this timeSmile I guess thats the whole point of all this though, seems like the last one REALLY worked goodSmile

There is some coming in though and I just want to get it over with... This will be interesting because the few that are there are very sparse and thin compared to the last three times and Im hoping my whole face wont be as fried as it was last time... Some on my upper lip, and just a few on my jaw/chin and none on my neck.... Its been a few weeks now without electro and there are a few new white hairs coming in now too but they are much thinner now at least.... It sucks Im gonna go four days without shaving, there IS still some dark hair left Sad I gotta say "shaving" is REALLY easy now though at leastCool

Then it will be back to the electro but I really think Im only gonna need 4-6 hours to clear whats leftSmile Then I could see maybe doing 1-2 hours every two weeks or soCool

Im planning on asking for a prescription for Vaniqa, its supposed to be good for stopping new hair growth... That might be cool and hopefully with that and a little more electro I can be pretty much done with shaving my face... http://www.vaniqa.com/
http://www.allergan.com/assets/pdf/vaniqa_pi.pdf

So Im probably going to ask them about frying the hair off my sack with my last two treatments, or with new ones... FUCK, OUCH, thats not gonna be fun at all Angry But its something you have to do that takes time prior to having GCS surgery, Id think at least 3-4 sessions two months apart... Or maybe just schedule my next one for 3 months out or both, I guess it will depend on what they say about it...

I will be going in as Eva though regardless of whats growing on my face by Thursday though Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon