Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

My program

(18-04-2014, 06:39 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  Yeah, you do probably want to be taking an anti-androgen. Prometrium/Microgest could serve that function, but I don't know about taking it everyday, as like you said early breast development in females doesn't involve progesterone.

I tried Spiro for a few weeks at a relatively high dose, and it just did not get the job done...at all. Probably wasted the results of like two laser treatments thanks to that stuff.

Bicalutamide? Honestly I've never heard of it before.

Personally, I'm in love with Androcur/Siterone (cyproterone acetate) for the short term, but the only way to get that prescribed in the US is to be a sex offender. Sad

They have to take it in very dangerous doses though. Like 6 times what I take. I"m sure it really destroys their livers at that dose.

Anti-androgens are truly the most dangerous part of HRT these days. I wish I could just do without them, but my facial hair says no.

Oh, btw...I think it's awesome that you decided to research what you were prescribed and make your own decision! Too many people just blindly follow their doctors, and even those doctors who do care about their patients often operate with very little (or outdated) knowledge.

Hi Sarah I thought the goal of laser was to KILL the hair??? Mine is not coming back but the grays that are left are still thereAngry They are a lot less noticeable but you can still feel them, there are a few spots that drive me nutsSad Im going to start doing electrolysis on the grays soon, like next week... Unfortunately Ive only been able to find one place around here that does it... I hope thats not true because if it is they own the market and Im sure they charge accordingly and then who knows if they are any good???

I see Siterone does claim to greatly slow down beard growth though which does sound good Smile

Im going to ask her to drop the Provera and up the E for the first three months and see if she will prescribe finesteride or dutesteride...
I dont think my insurance will cover it but finesteride I think is pretty cheap and it does block DHT and it seems a lot safer than Spiro which I dont like the sound of at all....

That said Ive decided to double my licorice from 450 mg to 900 after my labs came back OK, licorice is supposed to block T and be very estrogenic.... Im liking 5mg E2 so far and only 500 mg PM yesterday...

I figure cut back the E before the blood work and go back on the PM that way my E should look low and T too highTongue

Of course my testies could shut down on their own by then, there certainly isnt much going on down there anymoreRolleyes

(18-04-2014, 02:56 PM)AnnabelP Wrote:  If you have a choice between bio-identical progesterone and Provera (medroxyprogesterone) which despite its generic name is not progesterone but a synthetic progestin with some nasty side effects, I'd see the answer as a no-brainer. Although it is not too easy getting the bioidentical progesterone here without a prescription, and I used to have some generic medroxyprogesterone I was always sheered away from using the latter.

Hi Annie yes the Provera just sounds like bad news and it makes me feel like shit so Im not going to take it.... I will talk to her about Prometrium or hopefully generic equivalent thoughSmile

Ok so Ive totally quit the PM and Ive been going with 6mg E2, morning, afternoon, evening 2mg at at time under the tongue...

I decided to go back to at least 2000 mg spearmint because I have a lot and I like it.... (said to lower total T but not free T)

900 mg licorice root 450 mg morning/afternoon (said to be more estrogenic than E2 and an anti androgen)

Chinese Skullcap at least 2000 mg taken with the spearmint... (said to be effective at lowering DHT)

One chewable 81mg baby aspirin a day (said to help with blood clotting) they are cute and pink and taste good LOL

Calcium, vitamin D and vitamin C and a womens multi vitamin....

And I decided to give the Provera a try taking it with food and my headaches are not anywhere near as bad....

Ive read it has been used to chemically castrate sex offenders in much higher doses than Im prescribed, 100-120 mg a day compared to 5 mg for me...

Its supposed to work by lowering Luetinizing Hormone, LH tells the testis to make T... So I figured Id try it....

Its also supposed to be mildly androgenic who knows....

Well there might be something to that because the last two days mild morning wood came back after being DEAD for a long time RolleyesBlush

But my little girls are on fire... Also my little guy actually works again (I had to try LOL) but the O was very different than a regular old male O... Took a while to get there, lasted a LONG time and hardly anything came outCoolBlush

So Im gonna try it for a while and see how it goes....

Alright enough of this medroxyprogesterone acetate....

Male function has returned more and more to almost normal since I started taking itRolleyes WTFHuh

I wont go into details but really a raging woodie not long after taking my morning E dose Sad

Seems very counter productive to me... Definitely NOT what I was looking for....

Still on all the rest but I just had to take some PM and HOPE this goes away...

Now Im really confused... So I quit the medroxyprogesterone....

Felt much better for a couple days... Still on all the rest...

So today we have raging morning wood and COMPLETELY normal male functionBlush

So WTF is going on hereHuh

Only thing I can think of is PM withdrawl (first break ever when I started on E2) and my body fighting the E2Huh

I can remember a similar reaction to PM when I first started but the PM eventually won....

Feel like a totally viral male yet I still have sore boobs... Never had that problem with PM....

So I call my doc and tell her nurse all this and she talks to the doc and calls me back... Say its OK to drop the medroxyprogesterone but NO she will not prescribe Finesteride or Dutesteride or even Spiro and wont up the E2 from 2mg until after three months and blood workRolleyes

So all I can think is cut back the E2 to 2-4mg and go back on the PM for a while at at least 3000mgs....

And also add some different NBE AA's like WP and Hops and maybe go online for some Finesteride at 5mg a day to hopefully kill DHT...

Im thinking 6 mg E2 is more than enough to get started but somethings going on here....

Gotta seriously look at some BO too...

Eva, honey, please slow down. You seem to be in a panic. Stay with your program, any program. Give your system time to stabilize itself. It's not the end of the world if things get a little off center for awhile. When your body figures things out, you'll move in the right direction.

Hugs,

Clara Smile

Hi Clara

Yes I am a bit freaked here because all I really did was taper off a very high dose of PM and switched to pretty high starting dose of E2 with a bit of medroxyprogesterone in between...

I can tell you I love the PM and I love the E2... But this sudden return of really good male function out of nowhere is really fucking with me...

Either way If I want to really change it up I gotta order online and that will take a while to get here...

I am gonna cut back the E and up the PM... Already been doing that and I feel a little better...

All I can say is very low PM alone or very low E2 alone aint gonna cut it I dont think...

Scary its almost like a PM/E addiction....

Can feel the T coming back in a big way and I do not like it at all...

Yes we have mood swings going on here I must admit...

It's odd that your doctor refuses to prescribe you an AA. Oh well, there are alternatives. Order something and ease into taking it lol.

Fincar would help. Spiro & Fincar together or Siterone would really help, but there are always risks.

I get the feeling those won't stop you though ;p
Try adding the PM back in and see how that goes first maybe?

Good luck!

Edit- LOL, simultaneous post there.

Hi Sarah

I agree its odd to refuse an AA because my blood work and blood pressure were perfect even on all the NBE yet it was working good for me...

I want to try ZERO T for a while and see how I like that....

I explained this to her and she agreed that is the ultimate goal of HRT....

So what the fuck is the problem hereHuh I read all over the net about starting out on a low dose of spiro before ANY E (fuck that BTW), or Spiro, fincar and 4mg oral E to start...

I wont do Spiro without a script but I am seriously considering Fincar...

Unfortunately this is a SMALL town and my choices of docs are limited... I am exploring finding an endo though...

OK after reading more about the MPA and finding all kind of conflicting info and not much concrete info on TS HRT use I decided to start taking it again anyway because its all I have...

I have read that similar drugs can cause an initial T surge then everything pretty much shuts down after that... Been about a week now and I think that might be what happened to me... Now that Im used to it I think it might be workingSmile

I take it in the morning right when the T is supposed to be high and it does seem to make me feel much more femme after taking it with my morning E so I will stick with it for now....

I received my order for dutasteride today and started on .50 mg a day...

I donno how how long it takes to get up and running but I look forward to killing DHT through antagonizing 5 AR type 1 and 2 Big Grin
Supposed to be very effective at that and it cant hurt to hope for a miracle and maybe some hair will start growing on my head thats been bald for 20 years nowRolleyes

So the regime is 6-8 mg E2, but Im trying to cut back to 6mg now...

5mg MPA

.50mg Dutasteride...

Still taking the the spearmint, licorice root, chinese skullcap, and occasionally some PM....

Also still doing the aspirin, licorice and peppermint tea and Ive added a daily glass of grapefruit juice Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon