Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

My program

Oh, yes, I expect your T is low. I believe even PM alone has an AA effect.

Hi, LittleMissS,
Here in the UK they would not prescribe HRT without all sorts of psychological tests and a host of clinical tests to boot. There is no such thing as informed consent as far as I know.

Good luck with the results and your future program.

Love
Heather X

Well I guess we are lucky here in the states HeatherSmile

I got prescribed HRT today Smile

It was MUCH easier than I imagined it would be.... I have been attending the local TG support group and I asked a girl there for her doctors contact info...

I made an appointment asking to have my hormone levels checked.... I saw the doc, told her Ive been taking herbs and told her I have greatly reduced male function, sore budding breasts, ect... I told her I am TG and its my intention to transition from MTF and asked for all the necessary lab work and if thats OK a prescription for HRT.....

Well she said that would be fine and it took about a week and I picked up my prescription today Smile

She prescribed one 2mg estradoil tab daily, it is a generic as far as I can tell brand name Teva 2mg tabs...

Also Medroxyprogesterone 5mg one tab daily...

Follow up for lab work in three months...

My lab results were ;

Luteinizing hormone 6.4 (1.7-8.6 MIU/ML)

Prolactin 7.0 (4.0-15.2 NG/ML)

Estradoil 13.4 (7.6-42.6 PG/ML)

Testosterone (total) 521 (348-1197 NG/ML)

The rest was all in the normal range as far as CBC, CMP, Lipid panel and TSH whatever all that is...

Now Im not sure what Luteinizing Hormone is or Prolactin but that looks normal to me and Im frankly surprised to see the T so high and E so low....

Ive been on a serious NBE regime for the last three months and I have seem some feminization...
Serious ED and sore budding boobs, no more male scent, softer skin and noticeable reduction in body hair growth and the rate of growth ect....

I have heard phytoestrogens wont show up on lab work.... Apparently not, it all looks normal to me but the thing is Im growing little boobs after nearly three monthsSmile

Now the prescribed amount of estradoil seems like a pretty low amount to me and Im clueless about the medroxyprogesterone....

I can tell you my non prescription Estrofem showed up today and I took on 2 mg tab sublingually this morning before I went and picked up my prescription Smile That was nice... Whats not so nice is after taking 5mg medroxyprogesterone I have a SPLITTING headache :o

Donno if thats normal or not but this better go away soon because Im not gonna live with this kinda headache....

I intend to stop all the herbs and go with the prescription.... The Teva 2 mg tabs look like they are made to be split so I will probably do that, half in the morning half at night....

Now the question is will I be able to resist adding another 2mg Estrofem on top of the prescription Tongue

And will I be able to just stop PM and the rest cold turkeyBlush

Hi LittleMissS, I am delighted for you but OMG you have to have a degree in the subject just to get a handle on it LOL!

I think the headaches will subside when your body gets used to the change of drug, I believe it is a common side effect.

Good luck and please keep us updated, I am really interested.

Love
Heather X

(16-04-2014, 10:20 PM)LittleMissS Wrote:  Well I guess we are lucky here in the states HeatherSmile

I got prescribed HRT today Smile

It was MUCH easier than I imagined it would be.... I have been attending the local TG support group and I asked a girl there for her doctors contact info...

I made an appointment asking to have my hormone levels checked.... I saw the doc, told her Ive been taking herbs and told her I have greatly reduced male function, sore budding breasts, ect... I told her I am TG and its my intention to transition from MTF and asked for all the necessary lab work and if thats OK a prescription for HRT.....

Well she said that would be fine and it took about a week and I picked up my prescription today Smile

She prescribed one 2mg estradoil tab daily, it is a generic as far as I can tell brand name Teva 2mg tabs...

Also Medroxyprogesterone 5mg one tab daily...

Follow up for lab work in three months...

My lab results were ;

Luteinizing hormone 6.4 (1.7-8.6 MIU/ML)

Prolactin 7.0 (4.0-15.2 NG/ML)

Estradoil 13.4 (7.6-42.6 PG/ML)

Testosterone (total) 521 (348-1197 NG/ML)

The rest was all in the normal range as far as CBC, CMP, Lipid panel and TSH whatever all that is...

Now Im not sure what Luteinizing Hormone is or Prolactin but that looks normal to me and Im frankly surprised to see the T so high and E so low....

Ive been on a serious NBE regime for the last three months and I have seem some feminization...
Serious ED and sore budding boobs, no more male scent, softer skin and noticeable reduction in body hair growth and the rate of growth ect....

I have heard phytoestrogens wont show up on lab work.... Apparently not, it all looks normal to me but the thing is Im growing little boobs after nearly three monthsSmile

Now the prescribed amount of estradoil seems like a pretty low amount to me and Im clueless about the medroxyprogesterone....

I can tell you my non prescription Estrofem showed up today and I took on 2 mg tab sublingually this morning before I went and picked up my prescription Smile That was nice... Whats not so nice is after taking 5mg medroxyprogesterone I have a SPLITTING headache :o

Donno if thats normal or not but this better go away soon because Im not gonna live with this kinda headache....

I intend to stop all the herbs and go with the prescription.... The Teva 2 mg tabs look like they are made to be split so I will probably do that, half in the morning half at night....

Now the question is will I be able to resist adding another 2mg Estrofem on top of the prescription Tongue

And will I be able to just stop PM and the rest cold turkeyBlush

Hi Honey

Medroxyprogesterone is a Progestin. You should google it and do so in conjunction with transgender as a keyword and read about it. I am frankly surprised by that. But do your own reading on this...
But you should not be surprised by the low E reading. As I think I mentioned, and others have too...PM contains mirostrol not estradiol. and on blood tests it just does not show up. Before starting estradiol my E was and 5, after 3 1/2 years of high dosage PM and quite decent breast growth to belie that number.
And 2ms is fairly low. Both Sarah and I are on 4.
I would give it a month then get bloodwork done again and ask for sa new consultation and a reexamination of the scrip amounts.

Hugs

Well she said come back in 3 months....

I kinda know Im gonna be on at least 4 mg (maybe 6mg) 2 from script and 2 from my illicit stashTongue

I figure Ill just drop it down to 2 mg a week or so before the lab workRolleyes

The good news is my headache is gone!!! I think I will try splitting the prog tabs tomorrow....

(16-04-2014, 10:39 PM)Heather-H Wrote:  Hi LittleMissS, I am delighted for you but OMG you have to have a degree in the subject just to get a handle on it LOL!

I think the headaches will subside when your body gets used to the change of drug, I believe it is a common side effect.

Love
Heather X

Thanks Heather Smile I hope soAngry

Ill stick around here as long as you girls will have meWink

The bitches on the TG boards can be a bit too dramatic for meRolleyes I love this placeCool

(16-04-2014, 10:53 PM)LittleMissS Wrote:  
(16-04-2014, 10:39 PM)Heather-H Wrote:  Hi LittleMissS, I am delighted for you but OMG you have to have a degree in the subject just to get a handle on it LOL!

Love
Heather X

Thanks Heather Smile I hope soAngry

Ill stick around here as long as you girls will have meWink

The bitches on the TG boards can be a bit too dramatic for meRolleyes I love this placeCool

I do know what you mean about other boards... there are some real TG police out there...my way or the highway...and they often frown on DIY and really hate anything to do with herbs with a vehement passion.

Be aware that when you get into higher doses of E there are pros and cons to different delivery options. 6mgs is a lot taken orally and can have a serious affect on your liver. But there are downsides to patches (low potency) and to injections ( wears off and you end up on a hormonal roller coaster between injections).

Sarah posted this very informative link - http://www.hemingways.org/GIDinfo/hrt_m2f.htm
It is a good primer, but do more reading...your best friend in all of this is your own knowledge, sweetheart.

Hugs

I should add Im surprised the T was that high because that little guy has been DEAD lately, cant remember the last time I had morning woodBlush

In fact Ive had pretty much all of the results Ive read about pharma HRT but strangely none of that jives with the lab resultsHuh

Also there was no informed consent form or anything like it given to me to sign... I thought for sure Id get that, but apparently even that is no necessary...

(16-04-2014, 11:06 PM)LittleMissS Wrote:  I should add Im surprised the T was that high because that little guy has been DEAD lately, cant remember the last time I had morning woodBlush

In fact Ive had pretty much all of the results Ive read about pharma HRT but strangely none of that jives with the lab resultsHuh

Also there was no informed consent form or anything like it given to me to sign... I thought for sure Id get that, but apparently even that is no necessary...

The times seem to be changing... I remember when the only way to get on pharma HRT was through therapy and then living as a woman 24/7 for a full year. No longer. My doctor did not really even care much if I was even seeing a therapist. I told him my story and he wrote a scrip. LOL
Yes, the times are changing, indeed.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon