Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Does stress affect E or T levels?

I'm wondering if anyone has seen any research, or can comment on their own experience whether stress affects E or T levels (or both).

I'm currently under more than the usual amount of stress at work, and even shorter on sleep than usual (due tho work), and sick (due to work and sleep, no doubt).

It's feeling like my T levels are much higher than normal, or E levels much lower than normal, or both. I'm just wondering if I'm just imagining this, or if there's a basis for this.

Thanks!

Michelle

(28-02-2014, 12:31 AM)MichelleM Wrote:  I'm wondering if anyone has seen any research, or can comment on their own experience whether stress affects E or T levels (or both).

I'm currently under more than the usual amount of stress at work, and even shorter on sleep than usual (due tho work), and sick (due to work and sleep, no doubt).

It's feeling like my T levels are much higher than normal, or E levels much lower than normal, or both. I'm just wondering if I'm just imagining this, or if there's a basis for this.

Thanks!

Michelle

I don't have any data handy but I would say stress likely has a significant effect.

stress can do some terrible things to your body.

Apparently, so. Take a look at this link:

http://www.utexas.edu/news/2010/09/27/stress-hormone/

Clara Smile

Stress effects everything!

(28-02-2014, 12:31 AM)MichelleM Wrote:  I'm wondering if anyone has seen any research, or can comment on their own experience whether stress affects E or T levels (or both).

Thanks!

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

One possibility is that you've become E dominate, balancing the effects from E would be a good idea.

Also consider increasing Vitamin D, lack of Vit-D causes anxiety and depression, something to consider.

Good luck Wink

(28-02-2014, 06:49 PM)Mistress~Lotus Wrote:  

Thanks!

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

One possibility is that you've become E dominate, balancing the effects from E would be a good idea.

Also consider increasing Vitamin D, lack of Vit-D causes anxiety and depression, something to consider.

Good luck Wink

First of all, thank you to everyone for the replies!

Lotus,

How would I balance my E? (I'm still primarily using red clover.)

And my vitamin D level should be good; my doctor had it checked pretty regularly. I take D3 drops daily, and we tend to keep my level toward the high end of normal (like in the 70's or so); I seem to function better that way.

Michelle

(28-02-2014, 06:49 PM)Mistress~Lotus Wrote:  

Thanks!

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

Good luck Wink

Ok, I thought I read you were on PM?, in any event you'd need to read this post about Red Clover from today to understand it's still quite possible. Trying to get a balance isn't easy, I experience the hi and low rolloacaster too. Sometimes adding back balance can mean a couple things. How's your zinc supplementation?, or another is the amino acid L-tyrosine. Certain foods can even add balance, it's a avocado for me!. (Helps with progesterone balance) Rolleyes

Or another is caffeine and stress, easier to knock the caffeine out rather than the stress right?.

But back to E, everybody reacts differently, some more emotional then others, cut back on dosages if possible.

Wink
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=17830&page=2 Post #17

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon