Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

FAQ-Aromatase for NBE

Ok I have an observation and a couple of questions given the talk of Xenoestrogens.

My observation is, I don't see how anybody is immune to xenoestrogens these days given the are a part of everything we do, eat, breath etc. I bring my shopping home and 90% of it is packaged in plastic and the meats are packaged by the cheap SMELLY glad wrap that makes you sinus's want to shrivel up an die Sad
All my supplements liquid or otherwise, all supplied in plastic bla bla you get my drift. Milk, juice, everything IN PLASTIC.

So if you want to focus on trying to eliminate Xenoestrogens by way of Dim or cruciferous veggies etc are there any other supporting nutrients you might need to take to support the body assuming you did in fact start some "die off" effect of eliminating the Xenos? I heard potentially if you don't have certain nutrients while trying to eliminate the bad estros the effects can be disasterous. IF you have covered this I apologize in advance as I haven't scrutinized the post, just the xenos caught my eye..

Second yes you need to have a good functional 'elimination process going on DOWNSTAIRS' (to put it nicely) so increase fibre by way of pysillium husks or the likes. What I want to know is can you're body get used the increased fibre like Metamucil, pysillium if you take it daily and render it ineffective or is it suitable for daily continuous use???

Thanks Smile (please excuse my erractic style of writing)

(20-05-2014, 07:33 AM)lovely11 Wrote:  That is a partial definition of xenoestrogen, not a complete definition. The complete definition includes that, and plant and other types of estrogens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Xenoestrogens

I see that Xenoestrogens sit atop the header of the chart, that doesn't mean everything below is an Xenoestrogens.

http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenoestrogen

(20-05-2014, 07:50 AM)Lotus Wrote:  
(20-05-2014, 07:33 AM)lovely11 Wrote:  That is a partial definition of xenoestrogen, not a complete definition. The complete definition includes that, and plant and other types of estrogens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Xenoestrogens

I see that Xenoestrogens sit atop the header of the chart, that doesn't mean everything below is an Xenoestrogens. This is the (below) one you should be basing the facts on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenoestrogen

Lotus... i feel like those boobies are going to take an eye out everytime i look at your avatar...
Big Grin

(20-05-2014, 07:43 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Ok I have an observation and a couple of questions given the talk of Xenoestrogens.

My observation is, I don't see how anybody is immune to xenoestrogens these days given the are a part of everything we do, eat, breath etc. I bring my shopping home and 90% of it is packaged in plastic and the meats are packaged by the cheap SMELLY glad wrap that makes you sinus's want to shrivel up an die Sad
All my supplements liquid or otherwise, all supplied in plastic bla bla you get my drift. Milk, juice, everything IN PLASTIC.

So if you want to focus on trying to eliminate Xenoestrogens by way of Dim or cruciferous veggies etc are there any other supporting nutrients you might need to take to support the body assuming you did in fact start some "die off" effect of eliminating the Xenos? I heard potentially if you don't have certain nutrients while trying to eliminate the bad estros the effects can be disasterous. IF you have covered this I apologize in advance as I haven't scrutinized the post, just the xenos caught my eye..

Second yes you need to have a good functional 'elimination process going on DOWNSTAIRS' (to put it nicely) so increase fibre by way of pysillium husks or the likes. What I want to know is can you're body get used the increased fibre like Metamucil, pysillium if you take it daily and render it ineffective or is it suitable for daily continuous use???

Thanks Smile (please excuse my erractic style of writing)

1st step is to start going ALL organic, and I mean green chemicals too. And then add more fiber.

'Natural xenoestrogens include phytoestrogens which are plant-derived xenoestrogens. Because the primary route of exposure to these compounds is by consumption of phytoestrogenic plants, they are sometimes called "dietary estrogens". Mycoestrogens, estrogenic substances from fungi, are another type of xenoestrogen'

'The word xenoestrogen is derived from the Greek words ξένο (xeno, meaning foreign), οἶστρος (estrus, meaning sexual desire) and γόνο (gene, meaning "to generate") and literally means "foreign estrogen"' metalloestrogen is listed there too as an inorganic xenoestrogen.

It doesn't matter, we're debating over the definition of the word. If xenoestrogens means all external estrogens, it might be here http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.11...x/abstract but it's behind a paywall, and not worth it.

Lotus, Lovely,

You are both right, Lovely etymologically and Lotus in terms of popular usage. Smile It reminds me of the trouble I got into with my psychiatrist sister-in-law when I told her I was uncomfortable with the terms 'gay marriage' and 'same sex marriage'. She thought I was being reactionary or prejudiced whereas I was only trying to express terminological discomfort with the popular usage of the terms. I see marriage as being a union between -opposite- sexes or genders (I don't know where that leaves us in-betweens, although I suppose my wife and I are of different legally assigned sexes, and have gone through the legal formalities of marriage), but I do believe that the law and society should enable formal recognition of a much wider range of -unions- of two persons, not only based on heterosexual or homosexual union, but on permanent or habitual cohabitation in general, and also including siblings, parent/child couples or just close friends living in and sharing the same habitation such that there is an enduring interdependence.

Lotus,

I don't believe you ever fully answered Sammie's query. I noticed because I too am in a situation in which I have essentially negligible testosterone levels, and in such a situation I tend to assume that aromatase is irrelevant because it has nothing much to work on. I certainly hope so, since the aromatase inhibiting foods you list figure largely in my diet, and aspects of my own present program (the absence of anti-androgens other than PM itself) are influenced by this assumption.

Hugs as always Smile

(20-05-2014, 03:11 PM)AnnieBL Wrote:  Lotus, Lovely,

You are both right, Lovely etymologically and Lotus in terms of popular usage. Smile It reminds me of the trouble I got into with my psychiatrist sister-in-law when I told her I was uncomfortable with the terms 'gay marriage' and 'same sex marriage'. She thought I was being reactionary or prejudiced whereas I was only trying to express terminological discomfort with the popular usage of the terms. I see marriage as being a union between -opposite- sexes or genders (I don't know where that leaves us in-betweens, although I suppose my wife and I are of different legally assigned sexes, and have gone through the legal formalities of marriage), but I do believe that the law and society should enable formal recognition of a much wider range of -unions- of two persons, not only based on heterosexual or homosexual union, but on permanent or habitual cohabitation in general, and also including siblings, parent/child couples or just close friends living in and sharing the same habitation such that there is an enduring interdependence.

Thanks Annie....

(20-05-2014, 03:11 PM)AnnieBL Wrote:  Lotus,

I don't believe you ever fully answered Sammie's query. I noticed because I too am in a situation in which I have essentially negligible testosterone levels, and in such a situation I tend to assume that aromatase is irrelevant because it has nothing much to work on. I certainly hope so, since the aromatase inhibiting foods you list figure largely in my diet, and aspects of my own present program (the absence of anti-androgens other than PM itself) are influenced by this assumption.

Hugs as always Smile

Annie, I think I missed the query from Sammie, my apologies to Sammie and all Blush

Men obtain their estrogen through the action of aromatase, which synthesizes (aromatizes) testosterone into estrogen.

What's the course of action then?, add White Peony

White Peony--Estrogenic, blocks 5ar and pro-aromatase - Strong.
A compound found in white peony inhibits the production of testosterone and promotes the activity of aromatase, which converts testosterone into estrogen.

And the bio-active kind is free T, total T isn't active or available for aromatase.

Wink

(20-05-2014, 06:32 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Men obtain their estrogen through the action of aromatase, which synthesizes (aromatizes) testosterone into estrogen.

What's the course of action then?, add White Peony

White Peony--Estrogenic, blocks 5ar and pro-aromatase - Strong.
A compound found in white peony inhibits the production of testosterone and promotes the activity of aromatase, which converts testosterone into estrogen.

And the bio-active kind is free T, total T isn't active or available for aromatase.

Wink

I guess I'm just completely crazy, but this statement is just screaming for attention!!!!

Men obtain their estrogen through the action of aromatase, which synthesizes (aromatizes) testosterone into estrogen.

So come on, why limit your potential by shutting free T down?, unless someone can produce a study to say otherwise this is the secret to unlocking that potential:

Here's the Mechanism of Action for AI's, (for the purpose of explanation)

Aromatase inhibitors work by inhibiting the action of the enzyme aromatase, which converts androgens into estrogens by a process called aromatization. As breast tissue is stimulated by estrogens, decreasing their production is a way of suppressing recurrence of the breast tumor tissue. The main source of estrogen is the ovaries in premenopausal women, while in post-menopausal women most of the body's estrogen is produced in peripheral tissues (outside the CNS), and also a few CNS sites in various regions within the brain. Estrogen is produced and acts locally in these tissues, but any circulating estrogen, which exerts systemic estrogenic effects in men and women, is the result of estrogen escaping local metabolism and spreading to the circulatory system.

Just a few more facts:

If testosterone is low, then a man can very easily be low estradiol as well.

1. Boost Your Testosterone Naturally. The best way to pull up your estradiol levels is to increase your testosterone. Again, as your T rises, more of it will be converted to estradiol by the aromatase enzyme and so your estradiol levels will go up in parallel. There are many very common ways to boost testosterone naturally, including fixing a Vitamin D deficiency, varicocele, sleep disorder or hypothyroidism. For other ideas see this page on How to Increase Your Testosterone Naturally.

The website listed below is an absolute must read,

How to Increase Your Estrogen
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/How_to_I...rogen.aspx

good point about free testosterone and estrogen. perhaps (at least) the lowerbaseline of free testosterone should be normally present. dht might possibly be better lowered in adults for better results no matter what the goal.
All vitamin deficiencies should be fixed anyways.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon