Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Samantha's Program

(01-02-2014, 02:30 AM)Lisa Lou Wrote:  Sammie, Let me know how the peony root goes. I rec'd mine today, it is powdered form, so will start with 1 g tomorrow and see how that does the old system and go from there.

Hugs, Lisa

Sure. Can't say I notice anything just yet, but I don't know if this supply will last long enough to find out. Where did you get yours fro, Lisa

Ordered it on Amazon, it came from the Motherland... China!
It is powdered, and says 5:1 concentrate granule. Recommendation is 1 gram, 1 - 3 times daily. I'm starting with 1g and go from there.

(01-02-2014, 03:20 AM)Lisa Lou Wrote:  Ordered it on Amazon, it came from the Motherland... China!
It is powdered, and says 5:1 concentrate granule. Recommendation is 1 gram, 1 - 3 times daily. I'm starting with 1g and go from there.

So it is poedered and not in caps?

Unfortunately, powdered. I think I will add it to milk when I take my PM. Label on Amazon wasn't so clear.

(01-02-2014, 03:35 AM)Lisa Lou Wrote:  Unfortunately, powdered. I think I will add it to milk when I take my PM. Label on Amazon wasn't so clear.

Hmmm... I could just mix it in with the protein powder I use in the morning...hmmm. When you get it I will be curious as to taste. God knows I have likely swallowed worse, whatever it tastes like, but nice is always preferable. Will you let me know?

(01-02-2014, 03:39 AM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  
(01-02-2014, 03:35 AM)Lisa Lou Wrote:  Unfortunately, powdered. I think I will add it to milk when I take my PM. Label on Amazon wasn't so clear.

Hmmm... I could just mix it in with the protein powder I use in the morning...hmmm. When you get it I will be curious as to taste. God knows I have likely swallowed worse, whatever it tastes like, but nice is always preferable. Will you let me know?

Good Morning Dearie,

Friggin' short sleep hours still, lights out at 11 and awake at 4, up at 4:30. Been doing that for the last week. Ironic thing is, I'm fine with it, don't do a nose dive into my desk at 2 every afternoon, so maybe my "new normal."

WP - I took 1/4 of a tsp (about a gram???) with a glass of milk when I took my PM and Hops last night. No taste that I could discern. GRITTY! Did NOT dissolve in milk. Protein shake may be the best delivery method if you get the granules. Mind sharing your shake recipe sweetie?

Apparently the WP works like a miracle drug, I have Double Ds this morning Big Grin , no wait, the rhino just told me that they look like Double Es... Tongue freakin' rhinos, what do they know about breasts??? Does anyone know, is this stuff an hallucinogen??? Cool

Later loves,
Lisa

Lol... so, that's where that damned rhino went, huh? I hadn't seen that bum for days...just upped and left one morning while I was in the shower shaving. What a bum! Drank all my scotch, ate everything in my fridge, left muddy rhino prints everywhere (yes...everywhereTongue), and a huge pile of dirty laundry...and just vanishes. Watch out...he'll do the same thing to you sweetheart! Rhinos! They're all the same! LOL

Want to hear something odd? My sleep has also changed lately. Sure I used to wake at three or four, but I could always go back to sleep. That seems to have changed. What a very weird coincidence.Huh
Lisa, do you think in your case the sleep thing might have to do with dropping your other meds? Huh

Ok, so no real taste to the WP, but granular and doesn't want to dissolve well (that last bit seems to be a trend among herbs, the lack of solubility).
I was considering going to a bulk PM powder. I was thinking that I would mix that into the protein but I don't think that is very soluble either.
My shake...weekdays nothing more than a huge scoop of the whey based vanilla flavored stuff they sell in huge bags at Cosco mixed into 12oz milk. On weekends I use the blender and add other stuff. But weekdays I am usually in a rush.
Maybe I will look around some more. Not sure about mixing all that in the morning.

So on this Super Bowl Sunday (yawn...tee hee), here is the current situation.
Continuing this week as amended last week ie. no maca, no SP, increased PM (3500 daily), peony/licorice combo steady,fish oil steady, plus continuing PC twice daily for this week. Next Saturday I will discontinue PC until the beginning of March, and thereafter continue to apply PC twice daily only for the first week of each month. Also next Saturday I will reintroduce maca, but entirely in a single morning dosage (taking a tip from the amazing Isabelle). See what happens. Meantime, on the lookout still for a better source for peony and licorice, and STILL waiting for dear Lotus to prove she reads this thread and chime in regarding DGL versus non DGL licorice. Hee hee. I may have to actually get up off my pancake tush and do my own research...sheesh! You think you have friends, right? .....LOL
just kidding sweet Lotus!Big Grin

Sorry Sammie, Blush

I just now saw your post, Licorice DGL vs non DGL, I thought reading that non was better for breast growth, did I miss something? Been known to happen! Big Grin

(03-02-2014, 04:01 AM)Mistress~Lotus Wrote:  Sorry Sammie, Blush

I just now saw your post, Licorice DGL vs non DGL, I thought reading that non was better for breast growth, did I miss something? Been known to happen! Big Grin
No not really. And I was just teasing you...tee hee.
My recollection is that non DGL is is better, but so much stronger that it is far more dangerous. I am going to need to do more research.
Read, read, read! Are there herbs to help failing eyesight?Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon