Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

question about low estrogen level

Hi.
I've been taking 1000mg of PM 3 times a day for 2 months, also using the cream and atomizer.
Definitely have development.
Was curious about my hormone levels so took the hormone saliva test offered by the Virginia Hoskins Institute. Just got my results and was quite surprised at the low level of estradiol.
Wondered if anyone has any thoughts about it.

My levels:
estradiol 0.6 Range 0.5-2.2
progesterone 1020 Range 100-500
testoterone 44 Range 44-148
DHEAS 1.7 Range 2-23
Cortisol Morning 3.1 Range 3.7-9.5

Note: the progesterone was probably high due to having just finished my 2 weeks/mo of using the prog cream.

Does it negatively affect the estradiol level?
Would it be higher during the 2 weeks of no progesterone?

Is this due to what I've read on here about the half-life of the PM, my last dose before the sample collection was about 12 hours before.

Surely I must have a higher level of estradiol if I'm developing breasts and seeing the other effects of the PM, no?

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Julie

PM isn't estrogen, doesn't contain estrogen and doesn't change estrogen levels in your body. A standard saliva test will not detect the active ingredients in PM, which are NOT estradiol. That's kind of the whole point of using PM or any other NBE method--they don't contain estradiol. If you want to raise your estradiol levels, you need to take estradiol.

This is actually a good example that taking PM will NOT be detected in standard saliva or blood tests.

ahh, thanks for the explanation.
Guess I didn't totally understand the function of phytoestrogenic (sp?)
herbs. I was thinking it would elevate my estrogen levels and was surprised they were low.

Makes more sense now.

Thanks,
Julie

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon