Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Risks of Breast Implants

Wink 

Some of the complications and adverse outcomes of breast implants include:

Additional surgeries, with or without removal of the device
Capsular contracture, scar tissue that forms around the implant and squeezes the implant
Breast pain
Changes in nipple and breast sensation
Rupture with deflation of saline-filled implants
Rupture with or without symptoms (silent rupture) of silicone gel-filled implants

Additional Surgeries

Breast implants are not lifetime devices. The longer you have breast implants, the more likely it is that complications will occur and you will need to have them removed. There is no guarantee that you will have a satisfactory cosmetic outcome from any reoperation.

The type of surgical procedure performed during a reoperation depends on the complication involved. You may need to have one or more reoperations over the course of your life due to one complication or a combination of local complications. More than one procedure may be performed in a single reoperation. Types of surgical procedures that may be performed in a reoperation include:

Implant removal, with or without replacement
Capsule removal or surgical release of the scar tissue around the breast implant
Scar or wound revision, such as surgical removal of excess scar tissue
Drainage of a hematoma by inserting a needle or tube through the skin to drain the collection of blood
Repositioning of the implant by surgically opening the incision and moving the implant
Biopsy/cyst removal by inserting a needle through the skin or cutting through the skin to remove a lump.

Removal

Removal of the implant(s), with or without replacement, is one type of reoperation. As many as 20 percent of women who receive breast implants for augmentation have to have their implants removed within 8 to 10 years. You may need to have your implant removed at some time over the course of your life because of one or more local complications.

After removal, some women do not choose to replace their implants. These women may have cosmetically undesirable dimpling, puckering, or sagging of their natural breasts.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wow, I had never been in this part of the site before. And by chance happened to see your post and pic. Ladies - tis all true.

I had implants - I now have a bizarre autoimmune disorder and my breasts actually look somewhat similar to the photo posted - at least one of them. The other was not as bad. I was only 25 when I had them removed (4 years inserted) so mine were a litle firmer but that one breast has given me hell for years.

I have done everything to correct my unsightly boob short of getting implants again - herbs, massage, fat transfer which put me 10k in the hole and the same place i was before- two different type of suction devices - which is what I'm doing now, plus progeterone cream, even hypnosis.

If you can figure a way to get breasts w/o implants do it. It may work out okay for some, but for those unfortunate one's like me - you may end up paying for it for the rest of your life.

I haven't read this whole site - but it talks a lot about the auto immune and other related disorders with implants - wow and I only had mine for 4 years with no rupture and I still have the diseases it talks about

http://www.plastikos.com/protocol_silico...atment.htm

Isnt it funny how we make such a big deal over the use of steriods but the use of these breast implants is not hardly even mentioned.............

Now I am not saying steriods are risk free but I would rather have testosterone floating around in my body rather than silicon or platinum in my system.............

y6ou can read more on http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=23096

Hi. Thanks for sharing the risks of undergoing breast implant procedure. I was considering a breast augmentation in Toronto and I am currently researching about this procedure. And as you mentioned about nipples being sensitive after the procedure, I found an article which clearly mentions the reason behind it.
http://www.drkreidstein.com/questionansw...mentation/
It is because the nerves in the breast are stretched by the surgery and there is nothing to worry about as it is temporary.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon