Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Problems accessing this site

(25-01-2013, 02:25 PM)Wishful Wrote:  I think someone forgot to pay the bills!!!Big Grin

This crossed my mind as well.

(25-01-2013, 05:01 PM)Babakins Wrote:  YEP me too! I was gutted and I realised how much I depend on this place. Especially as I was just about to post a thread about how sad I am feeling about NBE and then wham off it went!

I was thinking the same thing! I was worried I would either have to continue NBE all alone, or try to start over at some other site. Sad

(26-01-2013, 01:45 PM)Lenneth Wrote:  I think someone could be doing some DNS Hacking that is affecting us.

would be worthwhile to find and save the direct IP address of this site and try to use that next time it happens.

if a direct IP address wont let you get past what is appearing instead then someone is hacking the server itself.

If you find it could you let me know what the direct IP address is?

(26-01-2013, 03:03 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  
(25-01-2013, 02:25 PM)Wishful Wrote:  I think someone forgot to pay the bills!!!Big Grin

This crossed my mind as well.

(25-01-2013, 05:01 PM)Babakins Wrote:  YEP me too! I was gutted and I realised how much I depend on this place. Especially as I was just about to post a thread about how sad I am feeling about NBE and then wham off it went!

I was thinking the same thing! I was worried I would either have to continue NBE all alone, or try to start over at some other site. Sad

(26-01-2013, 01:45 PM)Lenneth Wrote:  I think someone could be doing some DNS Hacking that is affecting us.

would be worthwhile to find and save the direct IP address of this site and try to use that next time it happens.

if a direct IP address wont let you get past what is appearing instead then someone is hacking the server itself.

If you find it could you let me know what the direct IP address is?

184.173.206.99, but it appears to be blocked from non DNS access.....(their goes that idea)

One of my worries is losing contact with such a great community,
if someone has hacked the dns. Sad
(I am mostly a lurker, BTW. Hello all)
whois query shows that there was an
update to the dns record on the 23rd.

(26-01-2013, 04:40 PM)6of1 Wrote:  One of my worries is losing contact with such a great community,
if someone has hacked the dns. Sad
(I am mostly a lurker, BTW. Hello all)
whois query shows that there was an
update to the dns record on the 23rd.

I was thinking maybe we should exchange emails or perhaps establish a backup forum like on google groups or something.

(26-01-2013, 04:55 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  
(26-01-2013, 04:40 PM)6of1 Wrote:  One of my worries is losing contact with such a great community,

I was thinking maybe we should exchange emails or perhaps establish a backup forum like on google groups or something.

I am open to exchanging emails, hopefully,
everyone has backups of their photos
and info.

I am willing to setup a backup forum, but it would be problematic to get it to sync with the breastnexus site. So it would only be somewhere we could all run to sympathize while we wait for the site to get sorted out. I think it is a very active site and I would think it wouldn't go away completely. If there is a sync method available to sync the live site, then I would be willing to host a failover site as a virtual.
The direct IP probably doesn't work because the site is hosted as a simple virtual and uses the site name in the url to serve up pages. Perhaps whoever runs the site might want to register breastnexus.org and make it an alternate name for the site so that if the breastnexus.com name has issues again we can just use the alternate name until it gets fixed.

(26-01-2013, 05:25 PM)sfem Wrote:  I am willing to setup a backup forum, but it would be problematic to get it to sync with the breastnexus site. So it would only be somewhere we could all run to sympathize while we wait for the site to get sorted out. I think it is a very active site and I would think it wouldn't go away completely. If there is a sync method available to sync the live site, then I would be willing to host a failover site as a virtual.
The direct IP probably doesn't work because the site is hosted as a simple virtual and uses the site name in the url to serve up pages. Perhaps whoever runs the site might want to register breastnexus.org and make it an alternate name for the site so that if the breastnexus.com name has issues again we can just use the alternate name until it gets fixed.

For me the biggest thing is having a backup forum we can go to if this site goes down again. While it would be nice if the backup forum could be in sync with this site, what I think is most important is being able to stay in contact with everyone on the board in some shape or form.

A backup site sounds like a great idea. Now that I found this group I would be lost without it. Has anyone given any thought to starting a Facebook group. Just throwing it out there as a possibility.

(26-01-2013, 05:55 PM)Frittam Wrote:  A backup site sounds like a great idea. Now that I found this group I would be lost without it. Has anyone given any thought to starting a Facebook group. Just throwing it out there as a possibility.

Yes, I have had trouble in the past few days trying to access this site and I believe its my internet provider. If its slower or not so great connection, there are certain sites I can not access and this is one of them!

I tend to think the simple approach is a good
one; a place where we can head to if the site
becomes inaccessible for any reason, doesn't have
to be a full featured forum (lots, an lots 'o work, been there)
just one posting area.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon