Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

1 month Pueraria Mirifica - From CD to thoughts of transitioning

(24-11-2012, 07:39 AM)Mandy88 Wrote:  I wonder if anyone has experienced some of the following things as possible side effects of PM? A feeling of weakness in the muscles like in the arms, lack of strength. Stiffness in the body, joints making noise. Stiffness in jaw and neck specifically. Or wheezy voice, something with the throat?

It has been reported that muscle tone tends to disappear, I never had much of that anyway Big Grin so I can't really comment personally!
Other than that, I tend to get leg and footcramps, and an allergic type snuffly nose. Not exactly the same as you are saying, but not dissimilar. I do get a bit stiff in muscles and joints sometimes, but I put that down to age more than anything Rolleyes . Don't know if that helps any?

Hm all I can say is that I am young so there should be nothing wrong with my joints and the rest. I am almost certain it is from the PM because it is very distinct. I try to do some stretching to counter it. My skin has transformed very much now in a week as I previously stated. It almost feels like it did after 4 weeks on 1000mg. But I'm only on 500mg and 7 days... Maybe I didn't get nearly as much out of my system in 20 days as I thought I would, or I am just very sensitive this time around. Very well, I'm continuing. Hope this stiffness and muscle pain goes away,.

Edit: Hm I am freaking out a little, I just felt my nipples to inspect the lumps underneath and I was able to squeeze out a drop of liquid from each nipple?! this can not be normal. If this is indeed some sort of lactation that would be weird experiencing already after 7 days exactly today?
Also anyone who went off PM for a while and started again how did you experience the second go compared to first and how long where u off?

I am thinking maybe my body is essentially androgynous in the homrone department and I screwed up some balance eating PM, maybe it takes months for my testosterone levels to go back to 'normal' and not only 20 days? Feels like I am starting off where I finished 20 + 7 days ago?!

Mandy

It takes approx 30 days for PM to fully leave your system.
What was was recommended to me was 500mg a day for 2 wk to start.
I did the 500mg a day for a month then went to the 1000mg a day.
Like you I felt some change in my muscles mostly in my calves some cramping. Taking a good one a day vitamin for women with calcium seemed
to help as well as help with breast growth.
Its quite normal for the buds to start to form in the first month.
I did not lactate but everyone is different.
By month 2 the buds were bigger and starting to get sore and have stayed
that way on and off. Seems like they are most sore and swollen in the morning. At 6 months they are getting fuller and rounder.
My moods are pretty stable although I can tell the difference.
My sex drive is still there but sex feels totally different now ( I think in a good way).
All in all I would recommend taking it slow and enjoying the journey.

Much Lov
Elisa

(26-11-2012, 12:49 AM)Mandy88 Wrote:  Hm all I can say is that I am young so there should be nothing wrong with my joints and the rest. I am almost certain it is from the PM because it is very distinct. I try to do some stretching to counter it. My skin has transformed very much now in a week as I previously stated. It almost feels like it did after 4 weeks on 1000mg. But I'm only on 500mg and 7 days... Maybe I didn't get nearly as much out of my system in 20 days as I thought I would, or I am just very sensitive this time around. Very well, I'm continuing. Hope this stiffness and muscle pain goes away,.

Edit: Hm I am freaking out a little, I just felt my nipples to inspect the lumps underneath and I was able to squeeze out a drop of liquid from each nipple?! this can not be normal. If this is indeed some sort of lactation that would be weird experiencing already after 7 days exactly today?
Also anyone who went off PM for a while and started again how did you experience the second go compared to first and how long where u off?

I am thinking maybe my body is essentially androgynous in the homrone department and I screwed up some balance eating PM, maybe it takes months for my testosterone levels to go back to 'normal' and not only 20 days? Feels like I am starting off where I finished 20 + 7 days ago?!

Mandy

You don't have to worry about your hormone levels while on PM or SP. First of all, neither will have any real effect on your free serum hormone levels (they work in a different way, rather than replacing). I have confirmed this from taking monthly blood tests while on PM and SP for a few months now.

It could be that you are naturally high in estrogen, so PM (which contains something very similar to estradiol) could very well have produced an effect similar to what it would be like having female E levels.

If you start on Saw Palmetto (SP), it primarily blocks the conversion of T into DHT (stronger more potent form of T).

However, I have not experienced or have heard of any such profound effects in such a short time, that is amazing. It has taken me months to get proper budding and still no soreness.

Hello, I have used PM on 3 separate occasions. At first when I used it like you, in 7 days time I noticed my skin was ridiculously softer and sensitive to touch and noticed soreness in my breasts. My gf even noticed which confirmed I wasnt tripping off assumption. I was never successful in lactation, while it would be quite remarkable I dont think i'd enjoy it as much as I'd probably be too worried it would be constant and effect personal life more than being 26 fit male with breasts would be lol. When I was younger I was able to squeeze hard and noticed a clear liquid come out of my nipple went to doctor and he said its usually caused by hormonal issues and should subside (i was 14 around the age of hormones adjusting and bouncing around he said) since then nothing...
After about 3 weeks I got off it cause i experienced sexual issues and such and with a loving gf and a nympho one at that, that was not good business. Was taking 1000mg a day at that time....
2nd time took for about 2 months at 500mg a day for a week then 1000mg for 2 weeks then 1500 for a week then back to 1000 for remainder. Noticed bone/muscle issues as well. Research shows excess estrogen in men can cause osteoperosis and muscle atrophy unless balanced it can cause that issue over long term time. I am very active in the gym and sports so i was worried and quit to see if it resolved. Like previous posts said I took a multi vitamin for women (prenatal pills) and issue resolved fairly fast.
3rd time I took it for 2 months again and at 500mg a day consistently and noticed absolutely no problems, sexual function was fine, even got minor fat distribution gf even commented on my butt had gotten much more round and asked what i was doing in the gym for that (she has no idea what i am doing so she just assumes its hormonal issues or the gym far as the butt went lol) My doctor and endocrinologist also both told me hormones can take up to 18 months to readjust and balance back to its normal levels so 20 days yes is a little short, given they say up to 18 months so im sure anytime depending on each person can be balanced but yes it takes time.
I have no intention of getting back on PM just cause one effect i noticed was my balls have shrunk considerably and have yet to grow back, and my semen is much much more clear than white, and i intend to have kids so playing with fire right now just isnt wise. But if things with the gf don't work out some reason i do intend on pursuing pm on a safer dose and hope to find a woman to accept my feminine physique and behavior.

Hi thank you for the nice answers!!
I am planning on getting some multi vitamin (designed for women?) then and see if it helps. Is it anything special it would need to contain to be of benefit? Just vitamins alone would that really help? I do get calcium, I think in sufficient quantities, from milk, eggs, cheese etc. Muscle pain did not stop for you guys without vitamin supplements?

I don't want to stimulate lactation, but I have tried a couple more times and I can squeeze out like a drop from each one. So it couldn't be anything else then you think? Does this implicate I am abnormal (in lack of better word) and should be extra careful?

I am just wondering if I need to see a doctor or if this is safe to do with these results... I don't suffer but then again I'm only on 500mg dosage. Doing stretching at least once a day to soften up the body and trying to get some good sleep (although I have been having a couple of nightmarish dreams lately of my body changing and strange outgrowths and stuff).

@aleah: You mention Saw Palmetto. Anything in particular you believe I would benefit from using that?

I also want to add that the brand I am using is not pure PM I have found! (Maybe I should have read a little closer before....) It also contains the following things in minor quantities: Curcuma Comosa, Phyllanthus Emblica, Terminalia Chebula, Terminalia Belerica, Curcuma Aromatia, Angelica Sinensis, Penax Gingseng. The question now is if this combination is safe or if I should consider getting my hands on pure PM. Sigh.. Tongue
//Mandy!

One quick edit: As of now I am still maintaining erectile and sexual function

(26-11-2012, 11:39 PM)Mandy88 Wrote:  One quick edit: As of now I am still maintaining erectile and sexual function

It's kind of funny, but my sexuality has actually heightened from my use of hormones and such. I am actually at my horniest when my PM doses are at their highest.

I don't think I've ever truly experienced a "male" sexuality though, so this is probably the sort of thing to be expected from a full transsexual.

I just wish I could be rid of the male equipment and actually do something about it...

(26-11-2012, 11:39 PM)Mandy88 Wrote:  @aleah: You mention Saw Palmetto. Anything in particular you believe I would benefit from using that?

Saw Palmetto is to block the effects of testosterone as much as possible, primarily by inhibiting the metabolism of T into DHT. It can help in feminizing a lot more since it reduces the effect that your male hormones will have on masculinizing characteristics.

As in real HRT, which I'm starting soon, in another month or two once I get to see my Endo. They commonly prescribe an estrogen (like Estradiol) to increase your free serum levels and an Anti-androgen (like Spiro) that will block free testosterone. So I guess the principle is the same, I have been using PM + SP as per robin's regime: http://breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=12724

Here is what you can expect
From budding to 6 months.
I will admit the first 3 months were kinda scarey but at the same time
exciting.
Your mind and body start getting use to the changes.
huggs

I am having some serious breast pain right now. I am starting to suspect that my stiffness and pain in neck, back and ribs are connected to the soreness in the tits. Another thing I am experiencing is some sweating during sleep, anyone had that?

Yesterday I thought my left testicle was bigger than usual. Turns out it is most likely due to the right one having shrunken severely lately. This effect caused me some mild stress.
Also seem to be experiencing mild constipation (yea sorry for the info) Big Grin Anyone else had this when on PM?
I think my body is still adjusting the changes yes. Hope it gets better soon.

@aleah: I wish u the best of luck with HRT! Smile

@Elisaustin: Nice pics! Is it yours? Did u experience much pain?

Mandy

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon