Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Adjusting PM Dosages

Hi ...

Does anyone know it the amount of PM that one takes need to be adjusted for body weight? I know with some of the other herbs it does ... not sure about PM.

If someone were petite and thin and taking 2000 mg per day ... would someone that was Tall and Hefty need to take more for the same results?

Thanks ... Tall and Hefty Karen Tongue

Generally speaking, all drugs are adjusted by body weight. But since there is no clinical standard for PM, except that I've noticed most people plateau at about 3,000-3,500 mg/day.

Lets assume that is for an average 75kg (165 lb) male at 3,000 mg/day, then you could assume that if you were heavier than say, 100kg (220 lb) you might want to go as high as 3,500-4,000 mg/day.

Theres no real standard on this, stop at 3,000 mg/day and see how well it works and increase if needed.

Hello Karen.

I'm 6'0" and about 180 lbs. I've varied my pm dosage from 2,000 to 3,000 mg. I've found 2,500 mg to work best for me. Taking 3,000 mg of pm or more I think is a bit excessive and may put you at risk of experiencing side-effects like headaches and back pain.

The general advice has been ramp up your dosage slowly, starting from the manufacturer's recommended dosage. Don't take more than what you need to get results, bearing in mind that it can be weeks to notice anything. This is a slow process. Our dosages are so much of a guess that I think trying to fine tune for weight doesn't make sense, especially since the dosing is usually set by trial and error anyway.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon