Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Buying Ainterol PM in bulk powder?

oh well, could try shaking it upside down a bit with the lid on and see if it works its way to the surface if its in there.

(17-06-2012, 06:28 AM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  Ok, so I crack open the jug of powder. On the label it says 4 spoonfuls a day, 250mg apiece, and the 250mg measuring spoon is included. But when I look, there is no spoon.

Does anyone know how big these mythical spoons are? Because I'm missing one lol

(30-05-2012, 12:57 AM)Venus Wrote:  Funny thing about the powder is that when I got it, the powder was in a sealed zip lock bag in the plastic container shrink wrapped. Then when I went to pour (the powder is quite fine, must done carefully), I could not fit all the powder into the plastic container, which had all the powder and the zip lock bag in it a moment ago. Yes, good vacuum packing. Just kind of funny.

Mine wasn't vacuum packed at all. Was sealed in plastic outside, and with a foil/plastic seal under the cap, but inside just loose powder.

Hi Sarah,
Mine was packaged like yours. However, the spoon came in it's own sealed plastic wrapping, inside the main package with the bottle.

See my post at:
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=11494&pid=47163#pid47163
http://www.breastnexus.com/attachment.php?aid=1725

The dimensions of the spoon are:
Overall length: 127mm
Overall width: 12mm
Bowl length: 23mm
Bowl width: 7mm
Approx capacity: 250mg

It's a little long to be in the bottle, unless you stick it in at an angle. But why, when you would just be losing powder every time you pulled it out of the bottle. Yes, there was a package of desiccant in my bottle.

Take care,
BigDave

As much as I stirred around in the container, there's no way I missed a spoon that big.

I guess I'm just spoonless. I'll deal lol

Maybe I can find a 250mg spoon at the store.

(17-06-2012, 08:57 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  As much as I stirred around in the container, there's no way I missed a spoon that big.

If you can't find a 250mg spoon in the store, hopefully you'll get one in your next purchase of pm powder. Big Grin

(18-06-2012, 02:39 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  
(17-06-2012, 08:57 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  As much as I stirred around in the container, there's no way I missed a spoon that big.

If you can't find a 250mg spoon in the store, hopefully you'll get one in your next purchase of pm powder. Big Grin

I got a 1/8th teaspoon to use. Apparently a tsp is 5gs, so an eight of that would be a little over 600mgs.

Close enough I suppose.

First I had the same problem you did and didn't get a spoon.

(18-06-2012, 02:55 AM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  I got a 1/8th teaspoon to use. Apparently a tsp is 5gs, so an eight of that would be a little over 600mgs.

Close enough I suppose.

Not really close at all. A teaspoon of liquid (water) equals about 5 grams but liquid and powder are completely different. I searched the various forums and found the below answer at Cheryl's Breast Talk Forum in this thread. I quoted the post below.

chrishoney:5004 Wrote:OK, so I'm the smarty with a milligram scale right? I just realized I could measure a 1/4 and 1/2 tsp for you---duh! :oops:

Using Ainterol bulk PM, this is what I got for level tsp measurements:

1/4 tsp = 608 mg
1/2 tsp = 1360 mg

The measurement error above is due to using my kitchen tsp measures which are definitely NOT well calibrated, so take those mg equivalents as ballpark figures. The 1/4 tsp milligram equivalent is very close to what Pansy-Mae reported she read elsewhere. Doesn't hurt to have corroboration.

Hope this helps.

Btw, I found mixing the powder in a small yogurt was a good way to consume the recommended dose.

Good Luck.

(18-06-2012, 04:35 AM)Hopefulmale Wrote:  First I had the same problem you did and didn't get a spoon.

Not really close at all. A teaspoon of liquid (water) equals about 5 grams but liquid and powder are completely different. I searched the various forums and found the below answer at Cheryl's Breast Talk Forum in this thread. I quoted the post below.

Thanks for the info. I didn't even think about liquid being different from powder, but it makes sense. I feel stupid now.

At least I'm not the only one who got screwed on the spoon. You've been a big help here! I'm not even sure how to express this level of gratitude in text Big Grin

Mine was shipped from Hong Kong. It was the 1 kg of PURE-M/R1 powder - the most affordable type of PM powder on the site - (comes in two 500 g packs). I basically unwrapped the shrink wrap from one of the plastic container, opened it to find the powder in a clear zip lock bag.

I got two long (about the length of the container) plastic spoons that were in the cardboard shipping box. But I don't use the provided spoons because being plastic there's too much static charge and some of the powder just sticks to or flies off the spoon which makes a bit of a mess and I didn't want to take such a big dose. I bought a set of those stainless steel tiny measuring spoons (dash, pinch, etc) and a milligram scale.

(17-06-2012, 06:28 AM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  Ok, so I crack open the jug of powder. On the label it says 4 spoonfuls a day, 250mg apiece, and the 250mg measuring spoon is included. But when I look, there is no spoon.

Does anyone know how big these mythical spoons are? Because I'm missing one lol

(30-05-2012, 12:57 AM)Venus Wrote:  Funny thing about the powder is that when I got it, the powder was in a sealed zip lock bag in the plastic container shrink wrapped. Then when I went to pour (the powder is quite fine, must done carefully), I could not fit all the powder into the plastic container, which had all the powder and the zip lock bag in it a moment ago. Yes, good vacuum packing. Just kind of funny.

Mine wasn't vacuum packed at all. Was sealed in plastic outside, and with a foil/plastic seal under the cap, but inside just loose powder.

You aren't going to Believe this, my 500gm canister came with not one but 2 attached to the outside in a plastic wrapper by some of that low tack gell glue gunk.

(They are about the size of coffee Stirrers)

[Image: tick_spoon2.jpg]
(if you don't get the pic reference, ask and I will explain Later)

(11-08-2012, 07:43 PM)Lenneth Wrote:  (if you don't get the pic reference, ask and I will explain Later)

I don't get the pic reference. What is it?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon