Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Weight loss question

(15-02-2012, 04:26 PM)bryony Wrote:  Erica,

calorie counting is pointless, in my opinion. If you feel hungry, sooner or later you will give in. If you are as overweight as you say, that testifies to a smidgin of lack of willpower. I have none, where hunger is concerned. The only way that I know of which involves losing weight while not feeling hungry is to maintain a low carb intake. If you must snack, then Macademia nuts and Brazils are low carb too. Beef Jerky, or smoked sausage, or cheese also.

B.
Re Beef Jerky or smoked sausage, need to watch those also as they contain a lot of Sodium. I read last week that bread or rolls have lots of sodium and people don't realize that!

(15-02-2012, 08:55 PM)JanetCD Wrote:  
(15-02-2012, 04:26 PM)bryony Wrote:  Erica,

calorie counting is pointless, in my opinion. If you feel hungry, sooner or later you will give in. If you are as overweight as you say, that testifies to a smidgin of lack of willpower. I have none, where hunger is concerned. The only way that I know of which involves losing weight while not feeling hungry is to maintain a low carb intake. If you must snack, then Macademia nuts and Brazils are low carb too. Beef Jerky, or smoked sausage, or cheese also.

B.
Re Beef Jerky or smoked sausage, need to watch those also as they contain a lot of Sodium. I read last week that bread or rolls have lots of sodium and people don't realize that!

That's true - I guess I don't worry because we tend to cook from basic ingredients, not pre-prepared (= high sodium) meals, and I use very little salt in cooking or as seasoning on the plate. (Also, I've found that losing 30lbs has brought my heart rate down to ideal levels!)

B.

(16-02-2012, 10:47 AM)bryony Wrote:  (Also, I've found that losing 30lbs has brought my heart rate down to ideal levels!)

Congrats on your weight loss Big Grin

(16-02-2012, 11:19 AM)Hopefulmale Wrote:  
(16-02-2012, 10:47 AM)bryony Wrote:  (Also, I've found that losing 30lbs has brought my heart rate down to ideal levels!)

Congrats on your weight loss Big Grin

Thanks Smile

B.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon