Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Why does gender disphoria

Get worse as you get older ?

After speaking with others , many of us had not considered they were trans in any way really , perhaps mild cd,

Then errr bang, suddenly need breasts and the want was hard , big style ?

Any views ????

Julie

For me it was a matter of right timing.

It's often written that the sooner you start the better results you'll get. I'd been suppressing this part of me for so long that I just couldn't wait any longer. It's already a long process to start with.

Also, the kids are at a good age now that I think they'll understand without messing up their heads. The herbs are easily obtained and you can find pretty good documentation on them. So it was finally the right time for me to start.

Like JMT says, perhaps it is simply that it is considerably easier to scratch the itch these days than it used to be. Having something you want look easier to obtain probably increases your feelings that there's no reason to be deprived anymore. Does that make sense? Or is my drink not strong enough?

(21-12-2011, 08:13 PM)julieTG Wrote:  Get worse as you get older ?

After speaking with others , many of us had not considered they were trans in any way really , perhaps mild cd,

Then errr bang, suddenly need breasts and the want was hard , big style ?

Any views ????

Julie

I recognise quite a bit of this: http://www.avitale.com/UnlivedLives.htm
and this http://www.avitale.com/MidLifeAwakening.htm

... but most particularly this one... http://www.avitale.com/developmentalreview.htm

" As a time when most people realize that about half of life has been lived ... this period can be especially anxiety provoking for the gender-dysphoric individual. Decades of trying to overcome an increasing gender expression deprivation anxiety begin to weigh heavily on the individual. Family and career are now as deeply rooted as they will ever be. The idea of starting over as a member of a different sex has become seemingly impossible. ...

These individuals often show up in therapy offices with symptoms mimicking Depression or Generalized Anxiety Disorder. They complain of panic attacks, irritability, sleeping disorder, inability to concentrate..."

The last paragraph describes (the old) me quite well. Thankfully, PM has sorted me out.

What I would say is that Dr Vitale's writings, though good explanatory essays, betray her conviction, as part of the medical/pharma orthodoxy, that the answer to just about everything with gender dysphoria winds up in transition.

This is probably because most medics aren't aware / don't care about the safe herbal remedies like PM that are available, and once they start injecting people with the sort of estrogen that causes blood clotting so they recommend orchiectomies, it's pretty much a one-way street after that.

Personally, I think I'm dealing with my situation very nicely without all that snipping and chopping.

TTFN

B.

Yes bryony good point but does not answer question,
I am referring about some of us who never had the urges from a young age or through their life

So what was suppressed ?

Also agree sfem point, bloody Internet can increase desires

Julie

(22-12-2011, 07:15 AM)julieTG Wrote:  Yes bryony good point but does not answer question,
I am referring about some of us who never had the urges from a young age or through their life

So what was suppressed ?

Julie

Well, maybe you just "had it weaker". If the mid-life angst didn't happen (depression, anxiety) but just the feeling of "missing something", the early days were probably easier to suppress subconsciously. There are a lot more distractions when you are younger, and it seems to get worse as you get older.

B.

Hi Julie,

Louise Kaplan wrote it starts with an emotional crisis. Typical triggers in the early years are separation anxiety and puberty. Since my mid thirties, every emotional crisis has added something. I never let it develop into dysphoria, because I adjusted my gender presentation within three months each time. But if I look back, my gender presentation has not shifted, it has changed stepwise:

project stopped at work: started CD
marriage turns bad: out in drag
divorce: grew breasts
dad died: stopped going out, developed shemale look
job ended: started looking into herbs again
mom died: started NBE for serious

uuum yes
can relate

I feel very girly and have the "need" when under stress, its like a comfy blanket,

Except 2 comfy blankets now

Julie

Big Grin 

I suppose the emotional crisis that triggered it for me was combinatorial:
redundancy, kids grown up, pushing 60, the economy, world gone mad, existential angst, gender-dysphoria-driven marital impotence, and, last but not least, nothing to look forward to but death.

That PM really is nifty to deal with that little lot...

B.x

Here we go dust the dictionary

"combinatorial"

Love it Big Grin

Julie

ps
My nipples now today see update on pics page , are pushing through everything I own it seems,

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon