Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Interesting findings re: dosage levels

In an earlier thread I mentioned that I experienced reproducible aches around my right kidney when I took 2x500mg ainterol 3x per day.

Chrishoney speculated that it may have been to do with blood levels giving the kidney extra work (my paraphrasing).

I have found that I seem to be able to tolerate one 500mg every 3 hours, and that I am therefore able to consume 3000mg from breakfast to bedtime.

It further occurs to me that, maybe, it would be more effective to keep the level of pm in the blood level over the day, rather than 3 spikes. I'm no doctor, but is it possible that my kidneys were getting rid of excess (and having trouble doing it)?

Just a thought.

Bryony x

cross-posted as usual

That's very interesting. For those on higher dosages, I wonder if this might a really good hint about how to maximize the effect by sustaining the level of hormones in your system, as your testing may be suggesting.

(04-11-2011, 01:04 PM)sfem Wrote:  That's very interesting. For those on higher dosages, I wonder if this might a really good hint about how to maximize the effect by sustaining the level of hormones in your system, as your testing may be suggesting.

It's an interesting point and I'm not arguing because I really don't know, but as I've said many times, personally I find I seem to get better results by deliberately NOT keeping levels constant.

If progress is measured by level/intensity of growing pains, then I grow most when I'm either increasing or decreasing the dose, and if I keep it constant then the pains slowly fade away as though I've become acclimatised to that level and the effect is being lost.

Either that, or I suppose it could be that my optimum dose is actually 2500mg a day and not either 2000 or 3000mg, but that would make my tolerance extremely tight. Also, because they only come in 500mg caps, I'd either have to take them 5 times a day, which I'd never manage with any regularity, or by definition there would need to be an odd dose, which defeats the constant drip feed aim.

Then again, to avoid a specific problem, i.e with kidneys, then that organ may be able to cope with a lower constant level than fluctuation, so it could simply be that we are comparing apples with oranges.

So many imponderables. Well, now that I've found something that doesn't cause me problems, I'll stick with it for a while and keep you all posted.

B.

(05-11-2011, 12:46 AM)bryony Wrote:  So many imponderables. Well, now that I've found something that doesn't cause me problems, I'll stick with it for a while and keep you all posted.

Absolutely right...if it works and it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon