Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM and Progesterone

(15-10-2011, 02:42 PM)beverley.rose Wrote:  I have not had acne or oily skin for 30 years since my mid-teens so those symptoms do not show for me. The hair loss is now reversing but that could be the minoxidil, the PM or the SP
I do have major hairloss which began 40years ago, so I don't think there is much hope for me now, whatever I try taking.

My hair loss has not changed at all after a year on PM and SP, so I'd put your regrowth down to minoxidil, personally. Although I'd guess that the SP holding the DHT at bay may possibly have stopped your loss getting worse and given the minoxidil a chance to start working.

I never had acne or really oily skin, but I have always had very sweaty hands and I have noticed that the PM seems to have dried them up. I'm sure it is PM because every time I up the dose, my hands go dry.

(15-10-2011, 03:33 PM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  
(15-10-2011, 02:42 PM)beverley.rose Wrote:  I have not had acne or oily skin for 30 years since my mid-teens so those symptoms do not show for me. The hair loss is now reversing but that could be the minoxidil, the PM or the SP
I do have major hairloss which began 40years ago, so I don't think there is much hope for me now, whatever I try taking.

My hair loss has not changed at all after a year on PM and SP, so I'd put your regrowth down to minoxidil, personally. Although I'd guess that the SP holding the DHT at bay may possibly have stopped your loss getting worse and given the minoxidil a chance to start working.

That is principally why I take the SP. The hair regrowth is difficult to see except at the edge of the hairline, but if you 'dab' down with your fingertips you can feel short spiky hairs growing. It feels like my hair used to after a No1 cut.

I had to go out and I got some RC from H&B so I will try experimenting next week, dropping the PM to 1000mg per day and two doses of RC. I will let you know how I feel.

Beverley

(15-10-2011, 02:35 PM)beverley.rose Wrote:  
(15-10-2011, 12:30 PM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  These are almost certainly rhetorical questions because I doubt anyone really knows, even if we were all the same, which we aren't.

I guess all we can do is follow Isabelle's suggestion and see if we get clear thinking or PMT. I was previously on daily doses of 3600mg FG and 2000mg RC so if we skip the FG and given that PM is stronger what about a regimen of 2000mg RC and 1000mg PM?

If we get PMT then drop the PM.

Beverley

I think, I'm going to go with the cream, to start with at least, and see what happens.
We can compare notes Big Grin

However based on the graph that I have, it should be something like:
Day 13,14, 15: 3000mg PM
Day 14,15,16,17: an equivalent amount of circulating Prog ( however you achieve that?)
Day 16,17,18 :2000mg PM
Day 19: 3000mg PM ( secondary peak)
Day 18-26: Diminishing Prog. down to nothing.
Day 20-28: Diminishing PM down to 500mg per day.
Day 1-12: Ramp PM back up to 2000mg/day
Day 13: Back to the start with sudden increase to 3000mg/day PM.

The worrying thing about this is that again it has the P right on top of the E, which si natural but at odds with the perceived wisdom of NBE

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I've just found the following on the website of the cream manufacurer, which gives some figures for Progesterone:

A healthy woman will naturally manufacture 20-25mg of progesterone per day in the second half of her monthly cycle and the intention is to deliver this same amount of natural progesterone into the system with the cream.

An eighth-teaspoon of Serenity contains 15mg of natural progesterone, so one application in the morning and one at bed-time will constitute a dosage of 30mg per day which, allowing for some wastage, will deliver the required net dose of 20-25mg per day; the same as should be produced naturally.

So if I combine that with what I said in my post above, I guess I should apply this amount of cream from Day 14, but I'm still worried by the warnings from Wahaika and others about not taking P with E.

(15-10-2011, 04:27 PM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  The worrying thing about this is that again it has the P right on top of the E, which si natural but at odds with the perceived wisdom of NBE

Well, I do not think it will kill us... so on that basis it is worth a whirl. Your graph is helpful.

Overall I like the schedule which has a peak at 3000mg for a few days which I feel I can tolerate. I get listless if I take it for more than that period. Then 2000mg for a while and then drop.

Since we do not have ovulation to worry about I will use the 'days' of the period cycle as calendar days so if I treat day 15 as today I will take some RC as it is the ramp up stage on the graph so I will increase it for the next 3 days then let it decline for the following week.

Beverley

OK - 2000mg PM today and the first dose of RC is in.

Tomorrow 2000mg PM and two doses of RC.

Beverley

(15-10-2011, 06:14 PM)beverley.rose Wrote:  OK - 2000mg PM today and the first dose of RC is in.

Tomorrow 2000mg PM and two doses of RC.

Beverley
I think I know what you mean about feeling listless, I described it recently as just not feeling right, but can't define it.

OK, Well, because I'm to lazy to actually write things down and I also have a lousy memory, I start my programme on 1st each month so I have a fixed reference point, and I count 'start' as being my 3000mg peak, which is actually Day 14!Big Grin
So atm I'm on my drop down, but which in theory should be right at the end, before starting back up, so I'll carry on like that until the end of Oct and then start as I said, from beginning of Nov.

OK triple dose of RC today (yesterday was a double dose and tomorrow will be a double dose) and PM steady at 2000mg. Following ChrisHoney's suggestion I have stopped the SP in case it is inhibiting the PM

I know it is introducing an extra variable into the equation but I really, really, really want the PM to work. Others have reported effects very quickly (tingles, tightness, etc) so I am hopeful of something - anything.

Beverley

Go Beverly-Rose! *crosses fingers and toes*

Very poetic! It even rhymes.

Beverley.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon