Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

quick question about break outs

Ha Pansy Mae

That is hilarious Big Grin

Lots of TGs here in the Netherlands go to their GP with sad stories about the psychological effects of hair loss, just to get finasteride. And you just got it, with well meaning warnings from people who obviously did not even look at your chest just once.

Btw, the hops did bring my hair back, but it took years.

Thanks for the info and the laugh! I bursted out laughter in a quite office. I couldn't share since this part of my life is a secret for now. Thanks, I needed that.

(04-10-2011, 06:46 PM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  Since I've had no change in symptoms one way or the other for half a dozen years, the quack decided that just maybe it would be worth trying something else as well, so I said, "Ok, I'm happy to give it a go, what is it?" "Finasteride. It's an anti-androgen" he said, "There are almost no side effects, although it may reduce erections", he said, "Oh and some people do report hot flushes" he said!!!! So trying hard to keep a straight face, off I went to the chemist with my prescriptions.

Funny enough, when I was at Chrissie's place a couple of weeks ago, some of the TS ladies there made exactly the same comment. They suggested just telling the GP that there was a history of prostate problems and that you wanted finasteride. Apparently most GPs are happy to prescribe it on that basis

Beverley

(04-10-2011, 06:46 PM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  As ever we are all different, but although in theory DHT is implicated in baldness, I don't think anyone has reported that SP actually makes any real difference to MPB. I suspect that excess DHT may be responsible initially but it's almost irreversible once it takes hold. Certainly after taking SP for a year it has made no difference whatsoever to my head although it has reduced leg hair growth a bit.

You are reading the wrong forums in that case

http://www.stophairlossnow.co.uk/Saw_Palmetto.htm

I am using SP together with minoxidil to try and fill in a widow's peak and progress is visible, but is very, very slow. The idea is that the SP stops more DHT from forming and the old stuff that was there leeches away. The Minoxidil then stimulates new growth which now lacks DHT to remove it.

I know it is not just wishful thinking on my part as I get the wife to check it and she reports definite growth. Slow but definite.

Beverley

Pansy- Mae,
Love your story; have fun.
I have been just on PM and recently have seen a significant re-growth of hair, on the top of my head I have gone from thinking that hair transplants were not for me, to thinking, I should wait, to allow re-generation to become complete.

(04-10-2011, 11:17 PM)beverley.rose Wrote:  
(04-10-2011, 06:46 PM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  As ever we are all different, but although in theory DHT is implicated in baldness, I don't think anyone has reported that SP actually makes any real difference to MPB. I suspect that excess DHT may be responsible initially but it's almost irreversible once it takes hold. Certainly after taking SP for a year it has made no difference whatsoever to my head although it has reduced leg hair growth a bit.

You are reading the wrong forums in that case

http://www.stophairlossnow.co.uk/Saw_Palmetto.htm

I am using SP together with minoxidil to try and fill in a widow's peak and progress is visible, but is very, very slow. The idea is that the SP stops more DHT from forming and the old stuff that was there leeches away. The Minoxidil then stimulates new growth which now lacks DHT to remove it.

I know it is not just wishful thinking on my part as I get the wife to check it and she reports definite growth. Slow but definite.

I think you've just proved my point...SP in itself does not influence the regrowth of MPB, it only blocks DHT production which is the original cause of the loss itself, so if you take enough, early enough, it may prevent it from happening in the first place. However, once it has happened, it is the Minoxidil which stimulates some slow hair regrowth in the absense of DHT and if you stop either it goes again.

I used minoxidil too. Not continuously, but say one box of Dercos a year. That contains 12 little bottles of serum, one for every 3 days or so.

(05-10-2011, 08:40 AM)Isabelle Wrote:  I used minoxidil too. Not continuously, but say one box of Dercos a year. That contains 12 little bottles of serum, one for every 3 days or so.

What sort of results did you get?

Beverley

Hi Beverley,

I had a bald circle at the back of my head. That´s gone.

(05-10-2011, 05:35 PM)Isabelle Wrote:  Hi Beverley,

I had a bald circle at the back of my head. That´s gone.

Brilliant. Do you still use the Minoxidil or has the lack of DHT been sufficient? I am just trying to gauge what options will be available to me.

Also, what time scale was involved? I am expecting 6 to 12 months myself but any information is helpful/reassuring.

Beverley

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon