Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Loose weight AND grow boobs!

So having tried the Rooibos red, I'm not so sure I'm crazy about the taste enough to drink it regularly.

It's not really tea (it's a bush), so there's no caffeine it. May make for an alternate evening non caffeine herbal drink, but I can't see myself drinking this regularly.

Did also get a couple of green teas: Jasmine Green Tea & Gunpowder Green Tea.

The Gunpowder type (little rolled up leaves) is terrific...but I loved the Jasmine so much I ordered a bulk 1 lb bag of loose leaf as I can see myself drinking this stuff often.

Green tea is said to have more benefits than even green (unfermented) Rooibos when it comes to antioxidants.

I find plain green tea a bit too dull, but the Gunpowder and the Jasmine types are both very enjoyable.

Although they both have some caffeine, the green teas seem to be calming (that's from the Theanine content).

Not sure it will help with either growing boobs or weight loss, but very enjoyable nonetheless!  

Green Tea for Weight Loss
https://www.consumerreports.org/dieting-...ight-loss/

(04-02-2018, 07:05 PM)VergeOfDiscovery Wrote:  So having tried the Rooibos red, I'm not so sure I'm crazy about the taste enough to drink it regularly.

It's not really tea (it's a bush), so there's no caffeine it. May make for an alternate evening non caffeine herbal drink, but I can't see myself drinking this regularly.

Did also get a couple of green teas: Jasmine Green Tea & Gunpowder Green Tea.

The Gunpowder type (little rolled up leaves) is terrific...but I loved the Jasmine so much I ordered a bulk 1 lb bag of loose leaf as I can see myself drinking this stuff often.

Green tea is said to have more benefits than even green (unfermented) Rooibos when it comes to antioxidants.

I find plain green tea a bit too dull, but the Gunpowder and the Jasmine types are both very enjoyable.

Although they both have some caffeine, the green teas seem to be calming (that's from the Theanine content).

Not sure it will help with either growing boobs or weight loss, but very enjoyable nonetheless!  

Green Tea for Weight Loss
https://www.consumerreports.org/dieting-...ight-loss/

Hiya Verge [Image: biggrin.gif]

Just goes to show we are all different.  I really struggle with Green tea and ended up by having to switch to extract (haven't tried the Gunpowder though).  But for a devoted tea drinker, surprisingly I don't actually mind the Roo.  True it's not a replacement for a real cuppa, but a good alternative with a far better heath angle as a bonus.

re: Hiya Verge [Image: biggrin.gif]

Just goes to show we are all different.  I really struggle with Green tea and ended up by having to switch to extract (haven't tried the Gunpowder though).  But for a devoted tea drinker, surprisingly I don't actually mind the Roo.  True it's not a replacement for a real cuppa, but a good alternative with a far better heath angle as a bonus.

The Jasmine tea just arrived and having a cup now. It's terrific. Huge bag and it's just as good, if not better than the pricier Twinnings option in the little tin.

I'm more of a devoted coffee drinker myself, so the tea is an additional late afternoon affair for me (must be my English side, lol).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I received my order of Rooibos red tea yesterday. I tried some, and it tasted pretty good. Slightly sweet and very tea-ish. I'm eager to see if it also helps with my diabetes. Starting with just one cup a day, and will chime in with my thoughts in a week or so.

(09-02-2018, 06:20 PM)lilmikey Wrote:  I received my order of Rooibos red tea yesterday. I tried some, and it tasted pretty good. Slightly sweet and very tea-ish. I'm eager to see if it also helps with my diabetes. Starting with just one cup a day, and will chime in with my thoughts in a week or so.

Hiya.

Sometimes I like to jazz it up a bit with a dash of lime or lemon juice.  Nice thing is that I don't think you can overdose on it, and I also take the view that when I am drinking the Roo I am not taking in other stuff which I know isn't so good for me.  As I am doing other things at the same time I cannot say with certainty what effect I am getting directly from Rooibos, but there is no doubt in my mind I am feeling better when I am on it.   

I was diagnosed with type 2 some time ago and I am now managing it without meds.  Last time I went to the diabetes nurse she actually thought I had been misdiagnosed and it was only when she went back over my records she saw it was confirmed.  I have recently been talking to a friend of mine who also has type two but is on some very strong meds to manage it.  A couple of months ago he started to introduce some of the things I have been doing (including the Roo) and he told me today that his bloods are getting stable in the 5 to 6 range, which they haven't been in a very long time.  AND he has been able to halve the dosage of his meds!  Oh, and he has also lost about 22lb without even trying! (I am so jealous!)

If any are interested I will try and put together some notes?

Huggy, I'm interested for sure. As a type 1, I check my blood sugar levels regularly and this tea is the only new addition, so we'll see. How many cups of the Roo do you drink daily?

(10-02-2018, 09:16 PM)lilmikey Wrote:  Huggy, I'm interested for sure. As a type 1, I check my blood sugar levels regularly and this tea is the only new addition, so we'll see. How many cups of the Roo do you drink daily?

Hiya Lil'

For me, I am now sufficiently confident about the Roo being worthwhile I am not really monitoring exactly what I am taking.  And to be honest I have a bunch of other stuff going on which would make any conclusions I might draw somewhat unreliable.  That said, I do notice it when I miss a couple of days, which in itself an encouraging indicator.  But in general about 4-6 cups a day, depending on how the mood takes me.

However, as this will be your only change and having to closely monitoring your blood could actually produce highly valuable data!  I look forward to how you get on.

I have a dim itch in what passes for my memory, did we have a little chat about this a couple of years ago on 6of1's post?  

Over the last couple of years I have looked further into the subject and I now suspect that in practice type 1 and type 2 are actually more alike than different, and the crossover of knowledge is significant.   

In case you haven't noticed I have P.M'd you :-)

Update on the Green Tea use...

Had to stop drinking the stuff.

Started getting pain through the back through to the left side of my chest.

Have a high tolerance for caffeine to begin with, but even substituting the green tea for the coffee, the lingering discomfort had me testing whether it was the tea and ridding myself of that (three different types of green tea), the pain and discomfort subsided.

Was quite surprised, as green tea is said to contain L Theanine and lesser amounts of caffeine.

I had wondered even before I had started whether there was risk in starting to regularly drink teas of Chinese origin (pollution, contamination?).

Either way, had to stop drinking these altogether.

Back to my coffee (Sumatran) and black tea (India) and more highly caffeinated than ever and non of the distress of the above.

Update: I'm not 100% sure it's the tea. Could be something else. If I drop dead, I'll be sure to provide an update! lol

(17-02-2018, 03:21 AM)VergeOfDiscovery Wrote:  Update on the Green Tea use...

Have a high tolerance for caffeine to begin with, but even substituting the green tea for the coffee, the lingering discomfort had me testing whether it was the tea and ridding myself of that (three different types of green tea), the pain and discomfort subsided.

Was quite surprised, as green tea is said to contain L Theanine and lesser amounts of caffeine.

I had wondered even before I had started whether there was risk in starting to regularly drink teas of Chinese origin (pollution, contamination?).

Back to my coffee (Sumatran) and black tea (India) and more highly caffeinated than ever and non of the distress of the above.

Hiya

There have been a number on here who have reported a negative experience with Green Tea.  Remember someone (name escapes me for the mo) who had a sever reaction and was really ill for quite some time.  If memory serves me correctly the reaction she got was from stressing the liver too much.  That's why care is needed with what we are attempting. Good news is that the liver is one of the most resilient organs and is amazing at healing it'self once given the chance.

Thing to remember is that whenever dealing with a naturally produced product is that it will be by nature a complex substance.  To make it even more confusing, we don't know how any processing may have been done to it, or whatever may have been squirted onto it, etc.....  Which is why extracts tend to be a better bet.  Ok, I realise that's an oversimplification but it does make identifying what works and what doesn't slightly more manageable.  But if something is making you ill probably the best rule is better not drink it [Image: blush.gif]  

Anyway, caffeine isn't necessarily bad, in fact it can have some real positives.  Just as with all things, use it sensibly.  (which is probably where I keep getting it wrong! Sensible is soooo hard when something tastes sooo good [Image: wink.gif])

(17-02-2018, 05:51 PM)Huggy Wrote:  
(17-02-2018, 03:21 AM)VergeOfDiscovery Wrote:  Update on the Green Tea use...

Hiya

There have been a number on here who have reported a negative experience with Green Tea.  Remember someone (name escapes me for the mo) who had a sever reaction and was really ill for quite some time.  If memory serves me correctly the reaction she got was from stressing the liver too much.  That's why care is needed with what we are attempting. Good news is that the liver is one of the most resilient organs and is amazing at healing it'self once given the chance.

Thing to remember is that whenever dealing with a naturally produced product is that it will be by nature a complex substance.  To make it even more confusing, we don't know how any processing may have been done to it, or whatever may have been squirted onto it, etc.....  Which is why extracts tend to be a better bet.  Ok, I realise that's an oversimplification but it does make identifying what works and what doesn't slightly more manageable.  But if something is making you ill probably the best rule is better not drink it [Image: blush.gif]  

Anyway, caffeine isn't necessarily bad, in fact it can have some real positives.  Just as with all things, use it sensibly.  (which is probably where I keep getting it wrong! Sensible is soooo hard when something tastes sooo good [Image: wink.gif])

Green tea extracts are far more likely to be problematic (for the liver) than simply drinking green tea. I love supplements, but I'd steer clear of GTE.

Drinking green tea has not been associated with liver injury...Nevertheless...a systematic review by the United States Pharmacopeia illustrate evidence for the potential for green tea extract to cause hepatotoxicity
https://livertox.nih.gov/GreenTea.htm

researchers found that two substances stand out as posing unique threats to the liver: anabolic steroids... and green tea extract - [i]research suggests that up to 10 percent of people who suffer acute liver failure from green tea extract may die as a result[/i]
https://www.consumerreports.org/health/l...-the-rise/

There has been serious consideration of requiring warning labels on Green Tea Extract (USP Green Tea Extract Monograph) regarding the potential for liver toxicity, but that has apparently been deferred for now. Noticed this interim observation till that's resolved:

Clinical pharmacokinetic and animal toxicological information indicated that consumption of green tea concentrated extracts on an empty stomach is more likely to lead to adverse effects than consumption in the fed state.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication...armacopeia
http://www.uspnf.com/notices/retired-com...-monograph

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon