Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Loose weight AND grow boobs!

Loose weight and grow boobs?

Thought that might get your attention [Image: biggrin.gif]

Heard of Rooibos Tea? 

Yup, that funny red tea that doesn't quite taste like tea, normally tucked away in the corner of the herbals shelf gathering dust.  Well, it's been around for years (my Mum was drinking it 20+ years ago) and for those in the know it has been a regular brew and famed for its healthful qualities.  But somehow it kinda never really got onto the general radar.  Well it's making waves now!

It's good for limiting fat absorption, diabetes control, it's a strong antioxidant, reduces stress, and so on and so on.......  Yeh, heard all this before I hear you say.  Bring on the next "super food" fad (you cynic you[Image: wink.gif]).         

Except that this time there are multiple clinical studies which are showing real results in reducing fat accumulation within cells, and even inhibiting the formation of new fat cells by as much as 22 percent.

It is being shown to reduce the levels of and help with balancing blood glucose, which also helps with weight reduction and diabetes control.  

And... one of the warnings given against prolonged consumption of Rooibos it that has been shown to have an estrogenic effect.  When I read that, it made me do a double take too!

Studies are so far are concentrating on the three main compounds. Aspalathin, Quercetin, and Nothofagin.   I know Quercetin has popped up on our radar before as being useful to us and apparently Rooibos is bursting with the stuff!   

I was going to include a bunch of links, but Google is loaded with info, and links to the clinical studies come up pretty quickly.  And I am sure you have your own favourite resources to go to for research anyway.  But thought this link was a nice introduction to the subject.

http://www.sddu.leeds.ac.uk/gts/postgrad...Courts.pdf

Another curiosity about the Roo is that it only grows in South Africa and even then, only in a comparatively small area.  But it has been around for ages so there should be little trouble getting some where you are.  The only question then is the quality of the source and how high are the concentrations of the compounds we are interested in.  But that is always the catch with going natural isn't it? 

By sheer coincidence, I have a friend flying out to South Africa today.  And I have asked him to find out what he can for me.  Going right to the source will hopefully mean I can get my hands on some of the good stuff too!     

(08-11-2017, 04:51 PM)Huggy Wrote:  Loose weight and grow boobs?

Thought that might get your attention [Image: biggrin.gif]

Heard of Rooibos Tea? 

Yup, that funny red tea that doesn't quite taste like tea, normally tucked away in the corner of the herbals shelf gathering dust.  Well, it's been around for years (my Mum was drinking it 20+ years ago) and for those in the know it has been a regular brew and famed for its healthful qualities.  But somehow it kinda never really got onto the general radar.  Well it's making waves now!

It's good for limiting fat absorption, diabetes control, it's a strong antioxidant, reduces stress, and so on and so on.......  Yeh, heard all this before I hear you say.  Bring on the next "super food" fad (you cynic you[Image: wink.gif]).         

Except that this time there are multiple clinical studies which are showing real results in reducing fat accumulation within cells, and even inhibiting the formation of new fat cells by as much as 22 percent.

It is being shown to reduce the levels of and help with balancing blood glucose, which also helps with weight reduction and diabetes control.  

And... one of the warnings given against prolonged consumption of Rooibos it that has been shown to have an estrogenic effect.  When I read that, it made me do a double take too!

Studies are so far are concentrating on the three main compounds. Aspalathin, Quercetin, and Nothofagin.   I know Quercetin has popped up on our radar before as being useful to us and apparently Rooibos is bursting with the stuff!   

I was going to include a bunch of links, but Google is loaded with info, and links to the clinical studies come up pretty quickly.  And I am sure you have your own favourite resources to go to for research anyway.  But thought this link was a nice introduction to the subject.

http://www.sddu.leeds.ac.uk/gts/postgrad...Courts.pdf

Another curiosity about the Roo is that it only grows in South Africa and even then, only in a comparatively small area.  But it has been around for ages so there should be little trouble getting some where you are.  The only question then is the quality of the source and how high are the concentrations of the compounds we are interested in.  But that is always the catch with going natural isn't it? 

By sheer coincidence, I have a friend flying out to South Africa today.  And I have asked him to find out what he can for me.  Going right to the source will hopefully mean I can get my hands on some of the good stuff too!     
https://www.m.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingr.../quercetin

Can slow down the effects of estrogens being cleaned from your blood by the liver ..
( Grapefruit can also do this ..)
From my own bloodwork, slowing down the livers removal or estrogen from my blood ( via Cytochrome P450 3A4 (CYP3A4) ? ))
Raised my estrogen blood levels at least 4 fold.

Oh my. As a tea drinker, this is good news! I have come across some roobios during my tea shopping and never though twice about it. Looks like I'll be adding a new tea to my collection!

Hiya

As I look into this more, it just seems to get better!  Multiple health benefits and with a nice NBE twist too.  

But as with so many of these things it is getting the quality right that makes the difference.  Common sense tells you that a mass produced product that has sat on a supermarket shelf will probably have less active ingredients than something that has been specifically processed to maximize health effects, rather than shelf life and taste.  

Also, there are two basic forms Rooibos come in.  Red (the more popular) and green.  Each have different properties and taste.          

As I gather more definitive info I will let you all know.[Image: biggrin.gif]

Nice. Was looking for another non caffeinated tea for the evenings.

It looks like the green (non oxidized version) retains/offers greater antioxidant benefits over it's red counterpart. I'll likely try both.

Quick check of Amazon shows lots of organic options, including Davidsons. I tried their 1lb bag of spearmint tea (terrific) and they offer the same size in Green Rooibos for about $16.

Note: A one pound bag of tea is absolutely huge!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ordered some Rooibos Rocks organic red rooibos tea which will arrive later today.

Was looking to try something different for when in the mood for a non caffeinated. Now, to see how it tastes!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(29-01-2018, 02:41 PM)VergeOfDiscovery Wrote:  Ordered some Rooibos Rocks organic red rooibos tea which will arrive later today.

Was looking to try something different for when in the mood for a non caffeinated. Now, to see how it tastes!

Verge,

Your first post on rooibos tea was about 6 months ago.  Can you report on any effects that you have noticed?

(29-01-2018, 08:49 PM)AlexisM Wrote:  
(29-01-2018, 02:41 PM)VergeOfDiscovery Wrote:  Ordered some Rooibos Rocks organic red rooibos tea which will arrive later today.

Verge,

Your first post on rooibos tea was about 6 months ago.  Can you report on any effects that you have noticed?

I only just heard about this stuff within the last week (and from this thread started by Huggy). So when I try it tonight or later this week, it will be for the very first time. Happily give an update along the way once I get some use under my belt.

First step is trying it and seeing if I enjoy drinking it!

(29-01-2018, 09:53 PM)VergeOfDiscovery Wrote:  
(29-01-2018, 08:49 PM)AlexisM Wrote:  

Verge,

I only just heard about this stuff within the last week (and from this thread started by Huggy). So when I try it tonight or later this week, it will be for the very first time. Happily give an update along the way once I get some use under my belt.

First step is trying it and seeing if I enjoy drinking it!

Verge,

My mixup.  I was thinking of a post with a link to a post of last July - obviously not yours.  I am, though, interested in hearing about any results.

Hi Everybody

Sorry for the slow follow up, "life" has been getting in the way somewhat.

So....Rooibos.  With everything else that has been going on to muddy the waters with me lately, it's hard to be too definitive.  However!  Rooibos is now definitely part of my programme!!

So what can I tell you?  Red definitely tastes better than the green and with a splash of lemon or lime juice (which in itself is a good thing) it's actually rather nice.  Ok, not a direct replacement for a proper cuppa (I am English after all [Image: wink.gif]) but definitely no hardship.  

Curiously, I have also found it helps clean the pallet, and since I have introduced it to my menu (not calling it a diet) good food taste better, but junk food less appetising.  This could probably make for a study all in itself.   

So does it help with weight loss?  It's no magic bullet, but speaking personally.... yes it does.

Does it help with boobs? (the room falls into a breathless hush....) Harder to quantify as I have so much going on at the mo, but you know what?  I think it actually does.

For the first time in too long I finally seem to be in a more stable situation, and over the next week or so I will be getting back to my grand plan.  I have learned a lot since I first found our little haven and I will start putting together some notes for all you lovelies [Image: shy.gif].  Though more from a weight loss and health perspective, as far more klever people on here have built up a treasure trove of info on boob growth. 

Will try and be around more.  Hope all my old chatting buddies are doing well?[Image: biggrin.gif]

Huggy.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon