Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Body Hair Removal

Janet, what model/brand/price would that be?

Well, although I don't have many problems with body hair I still need something to keep myself smooth.  Blush The same applies to my girlfriend. Therefore I bought us common Christmas gift - an IPL hair removal device. I've chosen Philips Lumea Prestige for use on body, bikini area and face:

https://www.amazon.com/Lumea-Hair-Removal-Device-Flashes/dp/B01M7XKMWY/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1483305954&sr=8-1&keywords=philips+lumea+prestige

Although this solution is quite expensive, a prospect of having to use it once in 4 - 8 weeks after several initial treatments was too tempting.

I just used it once, so I am not able to tell much about its efficacy. Usage is quite straightforward - after testing on each area, you have to wait 24 hours for possible skin reactions. After that you will find which setting should be used and you can proceed with erasing the hair. The procedure was painless, the pain and reaction was much milder than with physician operated laser removal system I experienced few weeks ago.

The fact is that this solution is not permanent, just long term and you have to be fair-skinned with dark hair. I'll see how much effective it is going to be...

Poly

(01-01-2017, 09:52 PM)GamerGuy Wrote:  Janet, what model/brand/price would that be?

I got mine for $35. Make sure you verify in the notes you want the 110v version, otherwise they may ship the 220v one.

Poly, That $600+ price tag makes me cry. I live on less than that per month  Sad

I'm very tempted to get a laser, I just have (several) high priced items on my wish list for the house & annual vacation. So a laser will have to wait. Plus, I have a dark complexion, so I'm unsure it will work. And, I'll be honest, I'm afraid of the pain of an epilator.

My blade of choice is the Executive Razor from the Dollar Shave Club. It's a monthly subscription and they send a pack of 4, six blade razors for $9. I was spending $18 for a pack of 3 blade Gillette razors. Now the neat thing about the DSC blades, is their formula accounts for one cartridge per week, and I am getting 3-4 weeks per cartridge. And, that's shaving from face to feet. Basically, I'm collecting the things, which is cool in itself. It's very economical.

re: I'm very tempted to get a laser

Heads up...I got one of those a while back, this one in particular Remington iLIGHT Pro Plus IPL6000Q (bulb does 10X the flashes of their other models).

I tried it and didn't get very far with it as the zaps, even on setting four (out of five) are pretty intense (I'm a wimp when in comes to pain threshold lol).

I'm working up the courage to give it another go as it would be nice to do without the irritation (I get, at least) from shaving. If I could simply get good results around the breasts themselves that would be more than worth it to me.

(06-01-2017, 06:16 PM)VergeOfDiscovery Wrote:  re: I'm very tempted to get a laser

Heads up...I got one of those a while back, this one in particular Remington iLIGHT Pro Plus IPL6000Q (bulb does 10X the flashes of their other models).

I tried it and didn't get very far with it as the zaps, even on setting four (out of five) are pretty intense (I'm a wimp when in comes to pain threshold lol).

I'm working up the courage to give it another go as it would be nice to do without the irritation (I get, at least) from shaving. If I could simply get good results around the breasts themselves that would be more than worth it to me.

Forget it! Get an epilator!

(06-01-2017, 09:53 PM)Wuerstchen Wrote:  
(06-01-2017, 06:16 PM)VergeOfDiscovery Wrote:  re: I'm very tempted to get a laser

Lol...I have two...just too chicken to use them! Wink

Well jeez send one my way haha.... jk ofc

(06-01-2017, 11:06 PM)VergeOfDiscovery Wrote:  
(06-01-2017, 09:53 PM)Wuerstchen Wrote:  

Lol...I have two...just too chicken to use them! Wink

I just bought the wife and I a Phillips Epillator. I've only had time so far to do a "test" strip just below my waist. After 2 weeks it is noticeably hair free. I will have time tomorrow to do more extensile pruning- I'll update tomorrow to see how far I got.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon