Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Lactation board?

I've seen a number of people who have an interest in beginning lactation, yet there's no central place for us to discuss the topic.

May we have a new sub-group for Lactation?  It would be equally at home under either 'Methods' or 'Related Subjects'.

Thank you for your consideration.

I agree! can we do this ..pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaase Blush

Although I don't want to lactate... well I want, but not right now. It would be nice to be able to breastfeed a child... ehm ... Blush

Good idea! Big Grin 

Poly

Yup agreed

Pretty awesome achievement 

It has been done 

Julie

(09-10-2016, 06:46 PM)polymorphis Wrote:  Although I don't want to lactate... well I want, but not right now. It would be nice to be able to breastfeed a child... ehm ... Blush

Good idea! Big Grin 

Poly

lol poly. nice to see you back btw ! havnt  seen you around in a while *hugs*

Well, I can tell you that Eve will not even think about it until you get your ducks in a row.

For instance 3 or 4 solid reasons it would make sense like I had to when I pushed for a "Male not Transitioning" that turned into "Males Staying Males".  Personally, I wouldn't think it would hurt as long as it stayed on the central theme and not go off on tangents.

I read some of up have had drops of milk.  But none can lactate.  I read lactation increases breast growth and fullness.

Also nipple pumping can start lactation...

Attached Files
.jpg 14760419025712038160166.jpg Size: 72.93 KB  Downloads: 71

it can, billy.

milk is produced on a Need basis.. if you pump, get milk, rest , pump two hrs later, you increase your lactation output.

Induced Lactation... is causing the breast to lactate outside of being pregnant.. it is usually done for adoptive mothers of newborns.

La Leche League has a lot of good info on that.

one should pump for no more than 20 min per boob. anything above that may be excess and counterproductive.

there are many lactation herbs that help promote milk.. and only one that I know of that stops it: Sage.

lactation promoting herbs:
fenugreek
blessed thistle
fennel
licorice
shatavari (indian asparagus).
oatmeal
I will post more on this if and when we get an official thread for it.

A board on lactating would be interesting - am wavering on whether I want to or not!

She says having been taking Shatavari for the past 6 weeks and has been breast pumping twice a day recently!

Megan

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon