Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Struggling with myself...

(07-02-2015, 12:48 AM)pom19 Wrote:  That's so funny that you mentioned that quote (those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.) because after I posted mine I thought about that quote, and said to myself oh, well, let it go.
Actually there is a method to detach the emotion from the experience, I have used it and it works!!! It is called NLP-Neuro Linguistic Programing. See below for info on it:
http://www.businessballs.com/nlpneuro-li...amming.htm
Of course, like any other theories it also has its opponents. Just use it for reprogramming your past and it works!!! Without forgetting the past!!! Good Luck, POM

Thanks POM for the information. That article was quite a bit of information to take in. The thought of reprogramming myself makes it sound like I'm a computer or machine. Wink I am not sure I am disciplined enough to follow through with something like that. Big Grin

(07-02-2015, 05:25 PM)Fire And Ice Wrote:  
(07-02-2015, 12:48 AM)pom19 Wrote:  That's so funny that you mentioned that quote (those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.) because after I posted mine I thought about that quote, and said to myself oh, well, let it go.
Actually there is a method to detach the emotion from the experience, I have used it and it works!!! It is called NLP-Neuro Linguistic Programing. See below for info on it:
http://www.businessballs.com/nlpneuro-li...amming.htm
Of course, like any other theories it also has its opponents. Just use it for reprogramming your past and it works!!! Without forgetting the past!!! Good Luck, POM
Thanks POM for the information. That article was quite a bit of information to take in. The thought of reprogramming myself makes it sound like I'm a computer or machine. Wink I am not sure I am disciplined enough to follow through with something like that. Big Grin
------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are a very Advanced physical being (called it whatever you want.) but with the existence of Spirit in every cell of the body!!! That's how we are capable to communicate with every cell of our body. Unfortunately, most of us do not!!! Or, I should say have forgotten how to.
The simple method of using NLP to remove any unwanted emotion from a past experience without losing the memory is by closing your eyes and like a movie to rerun the scenario. All you do then is to replace the emotional part of the scenes with a positive or a funny pic. Then, run back the movie with modified version and run it again. Do it often enough that when you remember the past they will not bother you emotionally anymore, while the experience is still there. There you go. <3 POM

(07-02-2015, 06:44 PM)pom19 Wrote:  We are a very Advanced physical being (called it whatever you want.) but with the existence of Spirit in every cell of the body!!! That's how we are capable to communicate with every cell of our body. Unfortunately, most of us do not!!! Or, I should say have forgotten how to.
The simple method of using NLP to remove any unwanted emotion from a past experience without losing the memory is by closing your eyes and like a movie to rerun the scenario. All you do then is to replace the emotional part of the scenes with a positive or a funny pic. Then, run back the movie with modified version and run it again. Do it often enough that when you remember the past they will not bother you emotionally anymore, while the experience is still there. There you go. <3 POM

See POM now you're making it sound so much easier. Smile Thanks again for the information, greatly appreciated.

(07-02-2015, 07:02 PM)Fire And Ice Wrote:  
(07-02-2015, 06:44 PM)pom19 Wrote:  We are a very Advanced physical being (called it whatever you want.) but with the existence of Spirit in every cell of the body!!! That's how we are capable to communicate with every cell of our body. Unfortunately, most of us do not!!! Or, I should say have forgotten how to.
See POM now you're making it sound so much easier. Smile Thanks again for the information, greatly appreciated.
--------------------------------------------------
You are welcome. Just for your assurance, those are not theories per se, I used them to get me out of the Valley of Death!!! POM

(06-02-2015, 07:03 PM)Fire And Ice Wrote:  I'll pass on the misfits. :p

I've always been a little dubious, too, about joining any club that would have me as a member...!

I have found myself in social circles that I'd never have gone looking for. They've found me, it seems.

Don't be so quick to turn up your nose. Wink

(09-02-2015, 03:53 AM)MissC Wrote:  

I've always been a little dubious, too, about joining any club that would have me as a member...!

I have found myself in social circles that I'd never have gone looking for. They've found me, it seems.

I try not to get involved with my own life. to much chaos.Tongue

(09-02-2015, 05:06 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  
(09-02-2015, 03:53 AM)MissC Wrote:  

I try not to get involved with my own life. to much chaos.Tongue

Note to self, stay away from MissC, and Lenneth. Wink Just kidding. You two are funny.

I suppose a little chaos and mayhem once in a while helps retain your sanity. You never realize just how sane you are till you start hanging around people crazier than you!! Big Grin

(09-02-2015, 06:05 AM)Fire And Ice Wrote:  You never realize just how sane you are till you start hanging around people crazier than you!! Big Grin

Them is true words. A few of the people I see at parties now and then are just train wrecks of hormones, issues, baggage, and psychiatric drugs... and they'll sure try to rope you in to their drama. Sometimes, while I'm listening to their myriad problems, I visualize myself slapping the stupid out of them, so I can continue to listen with a smile on my face. Tongue

I don't mean that I would put down others in order to feel good about myself, but in my own internal dialog, it's nice to be reminded that I have it pretty good. It reminds me to keep on an even keel, and live with gratitude.

Thing is, people open up to me... and I'm still not quite sure why. I'm that empathetic listener you're seeking (a problem solver too), but I will assuredly back away when I detect crazy. I'm not just talking about trannies, either. Sometimes the most ordinary looking people will say the craziest things, and you learn to your horror that they're not being deliberately silly.

What I see of you, Fire And Ice, is that you use other people as yardsticks to measure your own worth... and that's ass-backwards. Not only that, but I'm getting from the context that you conceptualize "misfit" as a bad thing. It's not. I use it to describe, for example, a "nerd" clique rather than a "jock" clique.

It seems that you view life as one long emotional drain. As long as you view it as such, that's what it will continue to be. But no matter what you think, or how bad you think you have it, or how much you might protest -- you CAN change that.

It gets easier when you learn to view life as a farce.

Wow, wherever do I begin. Okay, lets see if I can shed a bit more light here. I mostly agree with and understand the first part of your reply. In a nutshell, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

(09-02-2015, 05:41 PM)MissC Wrote:  What I see of you, Fire And Ice, is that you use other people as yardsticks to measure your own worth... and that's ass-backwards.

That is more or less true. I do tend to measure myself based on others. How can I not? Yes, I do realize we are not all the same, we do not all have the same skillset, mindset etc. But short of being blunt and asking directly, which is not in my character, I am not aware of a better means. What I perceive, what others perceive and the reality of that perception are not always the same. So improving my self worth is somewhat based on what I measure against others.

(09-02-2015, 05:41 PM)MissC Wrote:  Not only that, but I'm getting from the context that you conceptualize "misfit" as a bad thing. It's not. I use it to describe, for example, a "nerd" clique rather than a "jock" clique.

Apparently my winking smiley was lost in translation. I knew what you meant by misfit, why else would you have it in quotes. I chose to be silly and go with the negative connotation of misfits. Anyways, I don't really fit in any one clique, which in part may be a good thing. It has given me a much broader perspective on people in general. It is also what has allowed me to have a better insight as to how various groups view things. Of course this can somewhat be problematic for me as some points of views can be quite narrow minded, and unfortunately I am not always outspoken enough to weigh in my own perspective. Hence the internal turmoil, self conflict, and confusion. Too many thoughts, too many points of views, which is really the right path to choose?

(09-02-2015, 05:41 PM)MissC Wrote:  It seems that you view life as one long emotional drain. As long as you view it as such, that's what it will continue to be. But no matter what you think, or how bad you think you have it, or how much you might protest -- you CAN change that.

It gets easier when you learn to view life as a farce.

True, it does feel like an emotional drain, and yes, it is a product of my own doing. I suppose that happens when you take in too much too quickly. As with anything, in time I am sure I will sort through everything. It is a process I will have to go through so that I can be balanced again. Perhaps now that I am older and "wiser", I will be able to better manage my emotions and thoughts instead of bottling them up inside. Time will tell I suppose.

you didn't recognize what I was quoting?

bummer...

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon