Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Should I ask my psychiatrist about GD or GID?

Hi Meroune

in your instance yes I would most certainly tell him

it may explain a number of things to him also ie

gender incongruity can manifest vis stress and ocd issues and vice versa

for some there is a link ?

if he is good he will say no he cannot advise or refer to someone more experienced ,

Julie

For me the only real symptom that could possibly be a symptom, is just a lack of drive to do anything to further my goals in life...college I just can't get myself to do. Well...I do get stressed out REALLY easily. It doesn't take much for me to stress...for example I can stress out over such small things that don't matter, that I have to be told that it will be fine.

Not sure why you'd live up in the permafrost, but... ;-)

I'm paranoid about telling people in the US. We're VERY close to losing our country, and I believe the medical establishment is in on it - like they were with the Soviet Union and East Germany.
I've read too many stories of people losing their personal weapons (legally owned) because a doctor had to inform on them.

So, if the objective is to "get people the help they need" - why is it serving as a disarmament method?
Well, why did it in USSR and East Germany...?

In Boston, I believe I could go to Fenway Health and do it all out-of-pocket with no insurance, no ID. I'm not about to try, but I think they'll allow semi-anonymous appointments. (You have to go there, it's in person, but you don't need to give your government-issued ID and an insurance card.)

There are also counselors who work online. Might be worth looking them up, too.

What you describe sounds like the beginnings of a depressive episode. Find ways to get your mind off it. FORCE yourself to get up and get going. And maybe look into self-medicating in minor ways. E.G., pasta and chocolate will add serotonin in your brain, so you'll feel better. Then, you need to exercise to get the excess calories burned... Endorphins! Yay! ;-)
Make that sort of feedback loop, and cut back on the calories when/as you no longer need the serotonin fix.

For an occasional thing, a glass of wine might work, too. (Use red wine. ;-) ) But don't get used to using that as a crutch, of course. IF you're going to have a "bad habit," make it a healthy bad habit, like exercising hard. That's easy to moderate - if sore, take a day off.... ;-)

-Dianna

Hey dianna. I've never honestly experience depression. I've never had a depressive episode that I can remember. That might be because I'm always pessimistic, but could also be attributed to the medication I'm on for bipolar. I take oxcarbzepine(trileptal) as a mood stabilizer. As such I'm almost never in a manic or depressive mode. My bipolar is the version where I swing wildly from one spectrum to the other. On that note though...I remembered that I have been at the very least crossdressing since I was at least 15...and I also read up on brain gender etc. And I've realized that I definitely have more of a female brain than I do a male one. It's interesting...

Just took the sage test:

S.A.G.E. Test Results
Your Raw Score is: 725, which indicates that overall you are Feminine

Your appearance is Androgynous

Your brain processes are mostly that of a Female person.

You appear to socialize in a very feminine manner.

You believe you have mild conflicts about your gender identity.

You indicated your were born Male.

ANALYSIS:
Male to Female Transsexual, either post-operative or in transition (probably cause I said I did some altering to my body...which I did because of PM/Natureday. bigger hips/butt ftw!)
NOTES:

Your Answers indicate your psychological state has likely prevailed since you were quite young. (Did not realize how much more I acted like a girl...I thought about it and realized that I never truly did anything that boys like that I liked (besides video games but those being classified as for boys is stupid.)) I also seem to interact better with the women at my work than the men. I'm not really fond of the way i'm treated by the men. (Walmart though is gonna be a good place to work at if i transition...they have policies against discrimination based on things like that.)

oh and here are my measurements for the measurements part of the test:

37 waist

42 hips

(Didn't realize my hips/waist were so..well feminine! When you divide them its 0.88..which is just basically one away from "complete feminine")

0.9 browline to hairline

Should I show this to my psychiatrist?

You can mention it if you like, but it isn't a conclusive test. Smile

Ahh I took the cogiati - it lines up more with my line of thinking right now...:

The
COMBINED GENDER IDENTITY AND TRANSSEXUALITY INVENTORY
(COGIATI)

Your COGIATI result value is: 200 Which means that you fall within the following category:
COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL
What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially feminine, but with some masculine or androgynous traits. It is very possible that you are a candidate for a diagnosis of transsexualism. You show a strong degree of gender dysphoria. At the very least, further investigation should be undertaken. Your COGIATI score places you among the majority of those diagnosed as transsexuals, the 'late onset' tanssexual.
SUGGESTIONS FOR ACTION:
Your situation is potentially serious and indicative of a probable inborn gender conflict. It is definitely recommended that you pursue further action.
The suggestions for your circumstance are several.
It is recommended that you seek help from a sympathetic counselor or professional about your gender issues. It is very possible that over time they will become increasingly difficult to cope with. Early determination of what you really need and want is vital. You need to determine if you truly are transsexual. Keep in mind, thought, that many alternatives exist other than complete sexual transformation. Partial transformation and many other way of existing are available. While you are very possibly a transsexual, COGIATI has determined that this is not absolutely certain. While time is an issue, being certain is more important. Proceed with investigation of your possible transsexuality or transgenderism, but with caution.
Some actions may help you to define your needs more clearly. Experimenting with living full time as a woman, taking hormones for a short time under supervision, or taking testosterone suppressors to observe how you feel are all viable options. Keep in mind that while it is very likely that you might be a transsexual, it is not certain. Do not take severe or permanent actions without long thought and the help of counselors and professionals.
Your gender issues are real, and should not be ignored. Neither should you rush into acting on them, however powerful they may feel. You do not fit the full criterion for the rarest classification, classic transsexuality, and so should be cautious, and open to possibilities. You may yet end up undergoing transition, and the path of the transsexual may well be your salvation. Be very careful, but do not ignore your issues.
If you have not already, consider joining any of the thousands of groups devoted to gender expression of various kinds. There is literally a world of friends to discover who share your interests. There are also publications, vacations, and activities that would expand your gender expression.

Oh and tasha, did you have close friends or coworkers, before you started going well.."fulltime", say to you that you seem very feminine? My friend of 7+ years said to me that he thinks i'm a very feminine person.

(09-02-2016, 11:41 AM)meroune Wrote:  Oh and tasha, did you have close friends or coworkers, before you started going well.."fulltime", say to you that you seem very feminine? My friend of 7+ years said to me that he thinks i'm a very feminine person.

Yes Smile I've been told that my whole life in fact. ^_^ It was still a big surprise to everyone when I came out. There are plenty of effeminate men, as well as masculine women out there.

y'know... about these online tests. It seems you are looking for an answer as to whether or not you are transgender. The usual reaction from the trans community when someone asks 'am I transgender' is 'most likely' ^_^ Most cisgender people do not even think about their gender identity. It's just who they are. So the very act of questioning it, or exploring it, indicates that you are probably not 100% comfortable with your birth gender.

But it isn't always a black and white issue where you can just say yes or no. If you want a yes or no answer as to whether or not you are transgender, then I would say probably. Smile It will take time to figure out for certain, and if you are, what you want to do with that knowledge. Speaking to people will help with that. People close to you especially if you feel comfortable with that.

(09-02-2016, 12:09 PM)-Tasha- Wrote:  
(09-02-2016, 11:41 AM)meroune Wrote:  Oh and tasha, did you have close friends or coworkers, before you started going well.."fulltime", say to you that you seem very feminine? My friend of 7+ years said to me that he thinks i'm a very feminine person.

Yes Smile I've been told that my whole life in fact. ^_^ It was still a big surprise to everyone when I came out. There are plenty of effeminate men, as well as masculine women out there.

y'know... about these online tests. It seems you are looking for an answer as to whether or not you are transgender. The usual reaction from the trans community when someone asks 'am I transgender' is 'most likely' ^_^ Most cisgender people do not even think about their gender identity. It's just who they are. So the very act of questioning it, or exploring it, indicates that you are probably not 100% comfortable with your birth gender.

But it isn't always a black and white issue where you can just say yes or no. If you want a yes or no answer as to whether or not you are transgender, then I would say probably. Smile It will take time to figure out for certain, and if you are, what you want to do with that knowledge. Speaking to people will help with that. People close to you especially if you feel comfortable with that.

Thanks for the answers Tasha. I knew it didn't seem normal. I am starting to believe I am whats classified as "transgenderist" (I think thats the one where you keep your male bits but otherwise look pretty female, and can dress one way or the other every other day..?) I chickened out and didn't talk to my psychiatrist about it...I am probably gonna try to see a gender therapist, but it will be an issue seeing as i'm still on my dad's insurance. The bills come in my name but he always pays them...I dunno :/.

Ah and one more thing for anyone reading...has anyone thought/realized that the more they came to terms and the more they wanted the body they wanted, the more your body reacted to PM, or any other phytoestrogen/hormone? It seems like that happens for me...

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon