Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

It begins!

(17-04-2012, 07:03 PM)Moobdood Wrote:  
(17-04-2012, 06:53 PM)chrishoney Wrote:  I'm taking Nature's Plus Herbal Actives c. forskohli purchased from luckyvitamin.com; http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-6412-natur...redirect=1

If you check the ingredient's page (http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-6412-natur...redirect=1) for the Nature's Plus forskohli it says it contains c. forskohli root EXTRACT standardized to contain 20% forskolin. Swanson's is c. forskohli whole root powder, not extract. I take that to mean there is no way to be absolutely sure how much forskolin Swanson's has in it, it may be less, it may be more. It's not necessarily bad, just not the same kind of preparation which makes comparisons difficult.

Sorry don't know to compare the two. Your guess would be as good as mine!

hrm ok..and my aniterol pm is 500mg so i'd take 6 of those a day for 3000mg which i heard is around the recommended dosage?

Starting out with that much is asking for trouble imo, both in terms of stalling and health wise.

You should start off with the recommended 1000 mg a day for at least a week, to give your body time to adjust to the new hormones. 2nd week 1500mg, 3rd 2000mg, and so on...until you experience growth.

If you stall at 3000, there's not really much room to increase the dose.

(17-04-2012, 07:55 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  
(17-04-2012, 07:03 PM)Moobdood Wrote:  
(17-04-2012, 06:53 PM)chrishoney Wrote:  I'm taking Nature's Plus Herbal Actives c. forskohli purchased from luckyvitamin.com; http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-6412-natur...redirect=1

If you check the ingredient's page (http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-6412-natur...redirect=1) for the Nature's Plus forskohli it says it contains c. forskohli root EXTRACT standardized to contain 20% forskolin. Swanson's is c. forskohli whole root powder, not extract. I take that to mean there is no way to be absolutely sure how much forskolin Swanson's has in it, it may be less, it may be more. It's not necessarily bad, just not the same kind of preparation which makes comparisons difficult.

Sorry don't know to compare the two. Your guess would be as good as mine!

hrm ok..and my aniterol pm is 500mg so i'd take 6 of those a day for 3000mg which i heard is around the recommended dosage?

Starting out with that much is asking for trouble imo, both in terms of stalling and health wise.

You should start off with the recommended 1000 mg a day for at least a week, to give your body time to adjust to the new hormones. 2nd week 1500mg, 3rd 2000mg, and so on...until you experience growth.

If you stall at 3000, there's not really much room to increase the dose.

ah ok thank you. Big Grin i will do that then instead. ^^

It's been a week, well prlly 2 weeks now since I started. Originally started with BO..switched to PM. I'm currently taking 1500MG of PM a day, 2 capsules of folkosin, and trying to take 4 capsules of Genistein a day. I also just ordered a Noogleberry, very excited for that one! Smile I hope i'm taking the right dosages lol from what i gathered i am. I also noticed my nipples seem a lil more bigger/puffier than normal. Smile so somethings workin lol

Um could we please not get too much off topic here? Anyway my Finasteride 5mg pills came in today..Of course i'm out of PM when it happens lol I ordered more but I'm gonna take 1 pill a day of Finasteride with PM when it comes in and see how that goes Smile Also I hear Saw Palmetto blocks DHT too? It's prlly not as strong as the prescription stuff like Finasteride tho huh?

the preported dose is between 1000mg to 2000 mg a day of SP (powdered form) in gelcaps.. i have messed with higher doses and received a well deserved headache.. (yes that is one of the side effects of too high of a dose of sp).

you want to reduce the DHT, most definately, because too high a dose of any xenoestrogen will fill all of the estrogen receptors (yes both males and females have both types of receptors), the rest will be converted into tesosterone... which we DONT want. what we dont want is estrogen and testosterone competing.. testosterone will win.. it is the stronger of the two and will convert the estrogen over as afore mentioned.. and far as Sp being better than Finesteride of vice versa. Saw palmetto is natural, Finesteride is chemical, Finesteride will most likely cause liver damage before sp will, all taken in moderation of course..

On the doseage of SP, are you talking whole herb or the more concentrated form?

In the more concentrated form, the gelcaps I have are 180 mg. That would be a LOT of pills to take!

(20-05-2012, 10:19 AM)freddy Wrote:  On the doseage of SP, are you talking whole herb or the more concentrated form?

In the more concentrated form, the gelcaps I have are 180 mg. That would be a LOT of pills to take!

I remember I was confused about how high the dosages seemed at first as well.

When it comes to the extract, the recommended dosage to counter androgens is around 600mgs a day. My SP extract is the same, 180mg apiece. I take 3 a day ;p

SWB is almost definitely talking about whole herbs.

(20-05-2012, 10:23 AM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  
(20-05-2012, 10:19 AM)freddy Wrote:  On the doseage of SP, are you talking whole herb or the more concentrated form?

I remember I was confused about how high the dosages seemed at first as well.

When it comes to the extract, the recommended dosage to counter androgens is around 600mgs a day. My SP extract is the same, 180mg apiece. I take 3 a day ;p

SWB is almost definitely talking about whole herbs.

Thanks, Sarah. Right now I'm pn the whole herb, but will be switching to the extract. I've started on 900 g per day for the first week while waiting for my PM to arrive. Wanted to get on testosterone blockers BEFORE starting the PM!

(20-05-2012, 10:35 AM)freddy Wrote:  Thanks, Sarah. Right now I'm pn the whole herb, but will be switching to the extract. I've started on 900 g per day for the first week while waiting for my PM to arrive. Wanted to get on testosterone blockers BEFORE starting the PM!

Np, it's definitely a good idea to go ahead with the anti-androgen beforehand. Actually a lot of the male posters who have had the best success with PM started out with FG/SP/RC or WY for a month to a year before starting PM.

Myself, I could only wait 3 weeks on the weaker herbs, then broke down and started taking PM. I do think it helped though, because the PM worked pretty quickly after that (got budding after 6wks on it).

hrm i did notice that one of my nipples is very sensitive/sore when i squeeze it while the other one not so much. Normal?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon