Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

domperidone (motilium) experiences?

(15-04-2018, 04:00 PM)aroundthebend Wrote:  Hello all, 

I started taking domperidone 4 x 10mg daily last week but I was getting so much fatigue I had to stop. I tried taking 2 x 10mg a day but even that made me tired.

The lacation regimen I found calls for 80mg daily after one week of 40mg daily, there's no way I could take that much, at least not the way it affects me now.

Who has tried domperidone? Any success? At what dose? I could take maybe 20-30mg before bed if that would help. 

Its a shame because I felt some breast swelling from the domperidone after that first week of 40mg but the fatigue was too much. I know lactation is difficult but my reasoning is that even if I just get some swelling and growth it would be worth it.

btw...I've read about the potential harmful cardiac side effects but these only occurred on patients taking high dose IV motilium. 

thanks!
-Iggy

Hi Iggy,

I have taken Motilium and I currently have some.  Also I was in an ANR and my partner a female took Motilium for I think almost 2 years, I don't recall her complaining about being tired.  I was reading Motilium does say that having a liver disorder or heart irregularity is a risk.

I do know you should ramp up and down the drug.  It makes food move more quickly through your digestive system so maybe your not getting enough calories on it?  For me Motilium seems to affect my digestive system more, I have noticed some breast swelling while breast pumping and taking Motilium.

I have always taken Motilium along with progresterone and AA which I blamed some of the fatigue on.  So what else is part of your program or maybe there is a side effect with some other meds?

I know in addition to Motilium you need manual stimulation to induce lactation, and for MTF the protocol of hormones Ms Squirrel listed is recommended which includes adding Motilium towards the end of the protocol.

Darlene

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Messages In This Thread
domperidone (motilium) experiences? - by aroundthebend - 15-04-2018, 04:00 PM
RE: domperidone (motilium) experiences? - by Darlene - 17-04-2018, 03:53 PM