Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Weight loss

Ultrasonic cleaner.  2 liter capacity Kendall brand from Amazon will cost about $180.  Ring stand, a 500 ml. boiling flask, and a ring stand clamp will make immersion into the cleaner a cinch.

I totally agree with your observation that a typical supermarket is a nutritional wasteland.  Even the single ingredient foods on the supermarket perimeter are often not available as organically grown.  The food quality problem is so complex, that I defer to relying on people doing their own research.  If you choose to know, you will research, and find out.  For the purpose of this thread, however, I choose to make the broad statement that using grains as the cornerstone of nutrition is the cornerstone fallacy that is making people fat.

Here's a hint for restoring mitochondrial function to youthful levels - Jiaogulan (Gynostemma pentaphyllum) tea.
It is an "herb used primarily in mountainous regions of southern China and in northern Vietnam. It is described by the local inhabitants as the "immortality herb", because people within Guizhou Province, where jiaogulan herbal teas are consumed regularly, are said to have a history of unusual longevity."  Gynostemma pentaphyllum can vitalize youthful AMPK activity levels.  "5' AMP-activated protein kinase or AMPK or 5' adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase is an enzyme that plays a role in cellular energy homeostasis."  Again, I pretty much insist that anyone should do their own research.  It is too tiring to try and convince anyone of anything.  But I do like to share what I know.

(27-02-2018, 04:29 PM)PleasantlyFascinated Wrote:  Ultrasonic cleaner.  2 liter capacity Kendall brand from Amazon will cost about $180.  Ring stand, a 500 ml. boiling flask, and a ring stand clamp will make immersion into the cleaner a cinch.

I totally agree with your observation that a typical supermarket is a nutritional wasteland.  Even the single ingredient foods on the supermarket perimeter are often not available as organically grown.  The food quality problem is so complex, that I defer to relying on people doing their own research.  If you choose to know, you will research, and find out.  For the purpose of this thread, however, I choose to make the broad statement that using grains as the cornerstone of nutrition is the cornerstone fallacy that is making people fat.

Here's a hint for restoring mitochondrial function to youthful levels - Jiaogulan (Gynostemma pentaphyllum) tea.
It is an "herb used primarily in mountainous regions of southern China and in northern Vietnam. It is described by the local inhabitants as the "immortality herb", because people within Guizhou Province, where jiaogulan herbal teas are consumed regularly, are said to have a history of unusual longevity."  Gynostemma pentaphyllum can vitalize youthful AMPK activity levels.  "5' AMP-activated protein kinase or AMPK or 5' adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase is an enzyme that plays a role in cellular energy homeostasis."  Again, I pretty much insist that anyone should do their own research.  It is too tiring to try and convince anyone of anything.  But I do like to share what I know.

Ooh, thanks for that. [Image: biggrin.gif] Now I know what to look for I will see what I can find over here in the UK.

Agree with you about the grains thing.  If we could get the unadulterated original grains it can have it's place in a rounded diet, though even then it shouldn't figure too much.  But the processed stuff that just about everything is made with nowadays is bad news..

Haven't heard of Jiaogulan and I try to keep aware of what is out there.  Just had a quick look and looks most interesting!  Thanks for that.  

I know how you feel about trying to convince people, have got myself tangled up in too many pointless conversions trying to help people.  But when it's a two way conversation it can be most encouraging, and we can all bring something to the table can't we?

Absolutely.  It is essential that we can all profit from meaningful exchange.  It might help filter the curse of too much information, where the truth lies hidden in a sea of misinformation.

BTW - a recipe:

80 grams ascorbic acid
100 grams organic sunflower lecithin powder
280 grams distilled water

Warm the water to about 40 degrees C.
dissolve the ascorbic acid
with vitamin C solution in blender, at low speed, thoroughly blend into completely uniform liquid
pour into 500 ml. boiling flask
This is the only time the blend should be above body temperature.  Further actions need to keep the mix at no greater than body temp (37 degrees)

Cool mix in refrigerator
Subsequently immerse in water bath, in ultrasonic cleaner, and agitate for cumulative time of 1 hour, re-chilling as necessary, to maintain temperature 30 C. or below.

Store resultant mix in refrigerator, as you use it up.

(28-02-2018, 05:47 PM)PleasantlyFascinated Wrote:  BTW - a recipe:

80 grams ascorbic acid
100 grams organic sunflower lecithin powder
280 grams distilled water

Warm the water to about 40 degrees C.
dissolve the ascorbic acid
with vitamin C solution in blender, at low speed, thoroughly blend into completely uniform liquid
pour into 500 ml. boiling flask
This is the only time the blend should be above body temperature.  Further actions need to keep the mix at no greater than body temp (37 degrees)

Cool mix in refrigerator
Subsequently immerse in water bath, in ultrasonic cleaner, and agitate for cumulative time of 1 hour, re-chilling as necessary, to maintain temperature 30 C. or below.

Store resultant mix in refrigerator, as you use it up.

That's excellent!  Pretty much what I was thinking but very helpful to know where to start.  Thanks.[Image: biggrin.gif] 

I have been looking into something which may be of interest to you.  Water.  No, not the usual stuff that comes in 3 forms (ice, liquid, steam) but the 4th state.  There have been many studies over the years and there is sufficient evidence to confirm the principle is sound.  It has also now been confirmed that it is this state of water that exists in our bodies and the unique properties it has is essential to life and health.  From what I have already learned I have started my own experiment, and although I am only in the first week I am getting a quantifiable effect. 

Happy to talk further if you want, but guessing you would rather check it out yourself.  A quick search for "4th state of water" and "Dr Gerald Pollack" should give a whole bunch of info.

Very interesting.  It reminds me of white powder of gold, and energetic micro-tubules within the mitochondria of cells. I have not looked much into structured water.  I think I have subconsciously avoided it, for fear of then having to agonize over the horrific effects we are now sustaining from man-made non-ionizing radiation.  The levels we are exposed to seem to increase exponentially within the last 50 years.  Up to 100 years ago, there was no artificial electromagnetic pollution at all.  This exposure is unprecedented in human history.  I shudder to think what effects they are having.

As you say, I like to research.  However, I am very interested to learn by what method you are already obtaining results.  Perhaps it can be a defense against man-made  radiation.

(02-03-2018, 04:22 PM)PleasantlyFascinated Wrote:  Very interesting.  It reminds me of white powder of gold, and energetic micro-tubules within the mitochondria of cells. I have not looked much into structured water.  I think I have subconsciously avoided it, for fear of then having to agonize over the horrific effects we are now sustaining from man-made non-ionizing radiation.  The levels we are exposed to seem to increase exponentially within the last 50 years.  Up to 100 years ago, there was no artificial electromagnetic pollution at all.  This exposure is unprecedented in human history.  I shudder to think what effects they are having.

As you say, I like to research.  However, I am very interested to learn by what method you are already obtaining results.  Perhaps it can be a defense against man-made  radiation.

I come from an engineering background and the nuts and bolts (and sparks) of how things work has long fascinated me.  But think by far the most amazing machine out there is our own bodies.  Trouble is, we all have one and it is easy to take it for granted. 

Funny you should mention micro-tubules, the way this water interact with them is a fundamental part of the "engine" that actually powers the cell.

Know some like to dismiss eletcro-smog as just another urban myth.  It isn't!  I have seen evidence that it is a real phenomena and if you think about it, it's blindingly obvious.  Basically, if you have an electric current, you will have an electro-magnetic field.  If you have a magnetic field, you will have an electrical current.  Two sides of the coin.  It really is as simple as that.  But then if you have a lot of current, you will have a bigger EM field(s).  So.... we install electrical cables throughout our houses and then pump high voltage electricity through them, which means we are all living inside EM cages.  And then just to make it interesting why not wind up the wick a little further and start broadcasting high energy fields to drive all our wireless devices?   

So yeh, it is a problem.  How much of a problem is still up for debate however.  The fact is that we are surrounded with natural EM fields, the earth itself being a huuuuge great EM generator.  Means we clearly have some protective mechanisms already built in (so to speak) or we would all be keeling over.  Thankfully most people manage to control the potential negative effects, but is also why some like to dismiss the idea (I am not ill so you must be making it up).  But if you are one of the poor souls who's ability to damp out these fields is faulty it can be debilitating.

Unfortunately, this water isn't a direct means of protecting us from man made radiation.  But it does help strengthen the natural charge within the cells and the body as a whole.  And as I say, the stronger the current, the stronger the EM field.  And the best way to control EM radiation is by using magnetic fields.

This could start getting very deep very quickly..... 

I will try and put together some notes for you from my own experimentation with this water concept.  But think you will probably cotton on pretty quickly if you check out Dr Gerald Pollack.  He is one clever dude!

Ok, have put together a few thoughts on my experiment with this 4th state of water for you.  I am not going to delve into the technicalities, as to be honest Dr Pollack makes a much better job of it than I could.  And he has the authority of having actually investigated this for decades with multiple experiments behind him that prove the physics.

Evidence is showing that this form of water is fundamental to cell heath and function.  So it should help with just about any health issue and general well being, not just fatigue (which is my priority).  It may not be a cure in itself, but stronger cells which are properly fueled can do the job they are designed to do.  Which logic tells me has got to be a major factor in healing anything?

My experiment has two aspects.  One: It has been shown that a poorly cell can loose volume and have a distorted shape (imagine a raisin compared to a grape).  So get the volume back up and you get a plump juicy healthy cell [Image: biggrin.gif]  And two: this form of water has many unusual properties when in association with hydrophilic molecules (which our cells are made of).  Including being attractive to oxygen, able to hold an electrical (negative) charge, and has a strong capillary effect.  So.... by encouraging the propagation of this water in our bodies it will "juice up" the functionality of the cells and circulatory system.  

I have not as yet been able to devise a method of manufacturing this water directly.  Though it is something I am sure will prove very useful once I can find a way.  But the option I do have right now is to encourage the natural process of manufacturing this water actually within the body and the cells themselves.

Experiments have shown that this form of water will increase volume substantially when exposed to infrared light.  Unfortunately I don't have an appropriate infrared source.  But as infrared light is closely associated with heat, apply heat you will generally get more infrared.  So I have based my experiment on using a steam sauna.  Which although not as precise as the frequencies the lab experiments used, as a health treatment it does come with some neat advantages.  I got something like this:
httpshttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Home-Portable-Steam-Sauna-Spa-Bath-Heater-Loss-Weight-Slimming-Chair-4-Color/272998525205?hash=item3f8ffae915:m:mtPfGQVrDxmUZKapWvVz1gA     
Not too pricey and it can be put away when not used.

Lab experiments have shown that within 20 minutes there is a measurable increase of this water when exposed to infrared.  So the 10 mins or so normally recommended in a sauna is not enough to effectively grow this water.  Thankfully I am reasonably tolerant of heat so can take 20 minutes ok.  Though I am careful to take a rest to allow myself to cool down and settle, and only then go in for a second session which is generally shorter.  If anyone is going to try this, please take care and don't overheat yourself!  No point in making yourself poorly.  

Also, drink lots of clean water!!  Not reverse osmosis or distilled or other methods of manufacture that make water acidic.  (I speak from experience on this particular subject).

So how has it been going?  I do this daily and follow up with a shower.  Much to my surprise, after just the first couple of sessions I started noticing an effect on my energy levels and my CFS symptoms have slightly reduced too!  I have also noticed my body odour is changing and seems much more acidic.  Which I am assuming is not just the body sweating out toxins (I don't normally notice this particular whiff on me) but is actually getting rid of the increased number of positively charged ions being created.  As a rule of thumb, negatively charged water is more alkali and positively charged water is acidic.  And poor health is often associated with increased acidity levels in the body.   

Still early days, but I am most encouraged with the way I seem to be responding.  Oh, and the quality of my skin has seriously improved!       

Mindful that we have somewhat taken over this post (sorry) and that this isn't really an NBE subject.  So if anyone needs more info, please feel free to message me and I will do my best to answer you. 

Thanks!
I may indeed check in with you, once I have learned more.

Actually, I'm surprised that more folks haven't yet joined in the discussion.  But then, I tend to think of this site as a place for exploring novel methods to achieve pansexual beauty.  That is a selfish bias, on my part, and admittedly not NBE in any strict sense.

(05-03-2018, 04:43 PM)PleasantlyFascinated Wrote:  Thanks!
I may indeed check in with you, once I have learned more.

Actually, I'm surprised that more folks haven't yet joined in the discussion.  But then, I tend to think of this site as a place for exploring novel methods to achieve pansexual beauty.  That is a selfish bias, on my part, and admittedly not NBE in any strict sense.

You are welcome, hope it wasn't too confusing.  It was rather late.

I have noticed on this site that a lot will check in and see what has been posted, and do seem to come back regularly.  But perhaps for personal reasons don't feel able to join in the conversation.  I can respect that.

I take the view that we are all fellow travelers on this road of life and if throwing a few ideas back and forth can spark an idea for anyone listening, then all is good.  And although this may not necessarily be NBE, it is health related.  And even a magnificent pair of boobies are of little consequence if you are too poorly to enjoy them[Image: blush.gif] 

However, I can now say I am definitely responding to this and I can feel my head is not quite so clogged.  Which I wasn't expecting!  So for now at least I think it is worth keeping on with.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon