Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hair Re-growth

Has anyone that is using PM noticed their hair on their head filling in or regrowing hair that was thinning?

I am. But I'm using a lot of other things that are supposed to help with that as well. And I wasn't progressed very badly.

(16-08-2013, 04:40 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  I am. But I'm using a lot of other things that are supposed to help with that as well. And I wasn't progressed very badly.

Like what? I think my hair is thinning, and it's stressing me out...which can't help things lol

(16-08-2013, 05:44 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  
(16-08-2013, 04:40 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  I am. But I'm using a lot of other things that are supposed to help with that as well. And I wasn't progressed very badly.

Like what? I think my hair is thinning, and it's stressing me out...which can't help things lol

Anti-androgens, especially spearmint, are supposed to help as well.

Also taking a hair supplement, several supplements that include biotin including the hair supplement, and using a topical serum... All of which are in my program thread somewhere.

stefanie_s,
I've been hoping for but have not seen any "repopulating" of the thin spot on the top of my head since starting NBE in April 2012. However, my facial and body hair all seem much easier to shave so I assume NBE has caused it to become finer.

AbiDrew,
Since we're talking about hair issues and anti androgen's, what are your thoughts about finasteride and dutasteride? From what I know and what I've heard you say about Spiro, I wouldn't feed it to my worst enemy but both of the above are anti androgen's that obviously don't cause chemical castration. Loss of libido and impaired performance yes, but not nearly the sledge hammer that Spiro is. Are these more reasonable alternatives or do you put them in the same camp as Spiro?

(16-08-2013, 08:15 PM)doodlebug2055 Wrote:  stefanie_s,
I've been hoping for but have not seen any "repopulating" of the thin spot on the top of my head since starting NBE in April 2012. However, my facial and body hair all seem much easier to shave so I assume NBE has caused it to become finer.

AbiDrew,
Since we're talking about hair issues and anti androgen's, what are your thoughts about finasteride and dutasteride? From what I know and what I've heard you say about Spiro, I wouldn't feed it to my worst enemy but both of the above are anti androgen's that obviously don't cause chemical castration. Loss of libido and impaired performance yes, but not nearly the sledge hammer that Spiro is. Are these more reasonable alternatives or do you put them in the same camp as Spiro?

They're more reasonable. They do have their own problems which any intelligent doctor SHOULD tell you about, but if they don't, they're quickly found out about with some fairly straight forward googling.

They are VERY targetted drugs, which is why they're not too bad. They disrupt the activity of 5-alpha-reductase and that's all they do. Or at least that's the only intended consequence and the only thing it's good enough at to be used for.

IF and this is a big if, IF you have excess production of DHT, then they're a good option if you can get a doctor to prescribe them.

Most people, especially women, but we're not talking about women right now, don't have that problem. Even men its exceedingly rare. What is much more common is excess free testosterone, which is what spearmint mainly targets.

Testosterone that isn't either bound into muscle tissue, bound into SHBG, or converted to DHT is "free" testosterone. And it's bad in too high a quantity. Which for girls would be basically any at all, and in guys, there's a certain threshold I don't recall off hand but you could look up.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon