Breast Growth For Genetic Males
Annoying online bra size calculators - Printable Version

+- Breast Growth For Genetic Males (https://www.breastnexum.com)
+-- Forum: Related Subjects (https://www.breastnexum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Breast Measurement & Bras (https://www.breastnexum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+--- Thread: Annoying online bra size calculators (/showthread.php?tid=27534)

Pages: 1 2

Annoying online bra size calculators - Shirazmn - 06-05-2017

Yesterday I finally managed to measure myself and got 39 underbust and 42.5 bust. Ok, I said, time to check my "new" bra size.
I tried many sites and went from 42A to 40D. Most sites, actually, said 42D but there is no way I am a D cup. I mean, I know a D cup when I see one and I am light years away from there.
Then I realised that each site suggests bra sizes that they are actually selling. So, since some of them don't market bras with a 42 band with cups smaller than a D, I magically became a D cup.

Has anyone come across a "honest" calculator that won't cheat on the size and that doesn't require an old bra to calculate the new cup size?

In store fitting is out of the question for me.

Thank you

RE: Annoying online bra size calculators - lilmikey - 06-05-2017

(06-05-2017, 08:13 AM)Shirazmn Wrote:  Has anyone come across a "honest" calculator that won't cheat on the size and that doesn't require an old bra to calculate the new cup size?

Thank you

I will be keeping an eye on this thread, as I too would like to use a
calculator that gives realistic results.

RE: Annoying online bra size calculators - paul - 06-05-2017

(06-05-2017, 02:02 PM)lilmikey Wrote:  
(06-05-2017, 08:13 AM)Shirazmn Wrote:  Has anyone come across a "honest" calculator that won't cheat on the size and that doesn't require an old bra to calculate the new cup size?

Thank you

I will be keeping an eye on this thread, as I too would like to use a
calculator that gives realistic results.

Try this one: http://www.85b.org/bra_calc.php.  However, since you are a male - with a male shaped chest - go down one size on the band measurement.  E.g if calculator says 40B, go for a 38B.   This should give you a starting point.

The only way to know for sure your size is to try some bras on.  Unfortunately there is no magic calculator that will get everyone exact.

Good luck,

Paul

RE: Annoying online bra size calculators - ariadne - 06-05-2017

(06-05-2017, 08:13 AM)Shirazmn Wrote:  Yesterday I finally managed to measure myself and got 39 underbust and 42.5 bust. Ok, I said, time to check my "new" bra size.
I tried many sites and went from 42A to 40D. Most sites, actually, said 42D but there is no way I am a D cup. I mean, I know a D cup when I see one and I am light years away from there.
Then I realised that each site suggests bra sizes that they are actually selling. So, since some of them don't market bras with a 42 band with cups smaller than a D, I magically became a D cup.

Has anyone come across a "honest" calculator that won't cheat on the size and that doesn't require an old bra to calculate the new cup size?

Thank you

Shiraz
I found with the bra's I've bought (Sloggi and Gossard) the band size matches my underbust - I measure 36 and size 36 works.  Then its a question of cup size.  I measure 38 across nipples so I could be a "B" cup by measurement.  But in practice I dont quite fit an "A" cup.  That's something to do with male anatomy - maybe bone structure - being a bit different.  So by same reckoning you probably need a 40 band size, and you'll probably not quite fill a "B" cup.   Try something inexpensive like https://www.justsloggi.co.uk/sloggi-247-w-bra
Good luck
Aria

ps I've read your posts, I'm on similar journey to you - i.e. dont know where, but its a bit of private excitement

RE: Annoying online bra size calculators - stefanie_s - 07-05-2017

those calculators are based on a woman's form.  men typically have bigger rib cages.  i've always used 1" = A, 2" = B etc.  Better to have a tight bad than a loose band.  My guess would be 38A.

RE: Annoying online bra size calculators - PantyWearerOK - 08-05-2017

I measure a 38 band and 42 bust.  No way I'm a D either.

I have wider set breasts.  The are on a shallow root which means the fat is spread out over a larger surface area resulting in less projection.  Cup sizing calculators don't appear to work well for this typical male development.

My favorite is a Wacoal B-Smooth bralette.

Consider looking at the Reddit group at https://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits and searching for males asking similar questions.

RE: Annoying online bra size calculators - ramannab68 - 04-07-2017

I measure 33 inches under-bust and 36 inches across bust (i.i. over nipples). What would my bra size be?
Shy

RE: Annoying online bra size calculators - rachlyt - 14-02-2018

I've done quite a bit of experimentation on bra sizing, and I'm happy to share my own experience.

PantyWearerOK's recommendation of ABTF is excellent. That is the only place you should go to read about bra sizing. All other sites, lingerie sites included, and calculators, are likely wrong! Anything that tells you to add some number of inches to your underbust measurement is wrong! ABTF calculator: http://www.abrathatfits.org/brasizecalculator.php

The short of it is, your underbust measurement is your band size. Each inch of the different between overbust and underbust is a cup size. BUT for the male frame, you then need to take one or two cup sizes off. Also, different bras (even from the same brand) are all made differently, and have varying band sizes and stretch. Some bras may be too tight, and you may need to go up a band size. Unfortunately, and this is the really sucky part, it really comes down to trial and error to find ABraThatFits.

Sister size: You'll see this a lot on ABTF, and you need to know this if you're trying for size. Basically, a sister size means a bra size that has the same cup volume, with a different band size. If you go down a band size, you'll go up a cup size. If you go up a band size, you'll go down a cup size. Example: 34C has sister size of 32D, 36B, 38A. Why is this important? Suppose you tried a bra size of 34C. The cups fit you well, but the band is too tight. Then, you'll try the sister size of 36B. This will give you a looser band, with the same fit of the cups. If you had tried 36C, the cups would be too big.

Example: 
ramannab68 - Underbust 33, overbust 36. ABTF size for female is 34C. I would suggest trying 34A (which may be hard to find) or 34B. If band size of 34 is too loose, then you can try 32B or 32C.
Shirazmn - Underbust 39, overbust 42.5. ABTF size for female is 38D. I would suggest trying 38B or 38C. 
myself - Underbust 34, overbust 39. My tried-and-tested size is 34C. However, for some brands, especially French/European, I've found their band to be too tight, and 36B fits better.

Note that your underbust measurement should be pulled tight.

As you can see, there are so many permutations to try. So, what I did for myself was to order from retailers with free returns, in various sizes, and return those that don't fit.

RE: Annoying online bra size calculators - Katie - 14-02-2018

Nice writeup Rachlyt! ❤️

at a push (and it`s always worth having some anyway) you can get Bra Extenders as well, these can be quite useful when you`re first starting out. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Womens-Bra-Extenders/b?ie=UTF8&node=1731365031

RE: Annoying online bra size calculators - Boris - 16-02-2018

In my humble opinion a lot depends upon brand with size calculators only giving appropriate starting size. 
Trial and error I have found to be the best way to bra shop if a fitting is not possible. Find a brand that suits and stay with that brand. 
In my experience lingerie sales people can be extremely helpful to the considerate shopper regardless of gender. 
I am sure many have been victims of the certain type of customer who gets pleasure in embarrassing staff.